Dress code advice

benzamg

For Riviera sailing in May, I am planning for some dinners to wear sport coat, dress shirt and nice jeans with dress shoes. I hope that is okay. If necessary I will limit this to alternative venues, depending on what I see people have on. I know it's hard to discriminate on "some jeans are okay and some aren't" so i understand the restriction. At the same time I feel the look I have in mind is absolutely dressier than dockers + polo shirt + soft shoes.

Jeans are not really acceptable for dinner on Oceania except at the Terrace buffet

There are several discussions on NICE JEANS (subjective)

I would go by the rules set out by the cruise line

You can wear them but you may be turned away from the dining room at dinner ;)

fair warning

Lyn

Q: Is there a dress code?

A: Recommended onboard clothing is resort or country club casual. For evening dining, elegant casual resort wear is suggested. We request that jeans, shorts, t-shirts or tennis shoes not be worn at dinner.

Off to make popcorn

For Riviera sailing in May, I am planning for some dinners to wear sport coat, dress shirt and nice jeans with dress shoes. I hope that is okay. If necessary I will limit this to alternative venues, depending on what I see people have on. I know it's hard to discriminate on "some jeans are okay and some aren't" so i understand the restriction. At the same time I feel the look I have in mind is absolutely dressier than dockers + polo shirt + soft shoes.

I am SO with you on this one. My partner looks so smart in his dress, dark jeans, nice shoes, smart shirt and black jacket. Way smarter than any dockers or polo that is for sure!! I think we'll sneak him into one of the restaurants like that one night :) I'd be very surprised if they said no.

I am SO with you on this one. My partner looks so smart in his dress, dark jeans, nice shoes, smart shirt and black jacket. Way smarter than any dockers or polo that is for sure!! I think we'll sneak him into one of the restaurants like that one night :) I'd be very surprised if they said no.

Our friend was wearing a nice pair of blue jeans with a dress shirt and my husband had on black jeans on the Marina. Our friend was turned away from the MDR at dinner, but my husband allowed in. The maitre'd said any color jeans but blue were allowed.

On vacation I prefer to wear shorts all the time. I have a pair of nice silk shorts that are much nicer than Dockers, they also look better, but the hosts requests that I not wear them at Dinner. It should be that simple, not about what I want, but what the guidelines of the cruise line are.

Enjoy your cruise.

I just read in my cruise documents that sandals are not allowed in the specialty restaurants and GDR. I was planning to wear dressy flat sandals. Do I need to pack something else? I don't want to be out of place, even if they don't kick me out for it.

I just read in my cruise documents that sandals are not allowed in the specialty restaurants and GDR. I was planning to wear dressy flat sandals. Do I need to pack something else? I don't want to be out of place, even if they don't kick me out for it.

You are asolutely fine with your shoes. They are referring to raggy flip flops.

Archived