Allure 02/26/12 - 03/04/12 Western Review

Day 6

We slept in a little and did the Windjammer for Breakfast and Lunch with the girls. After lunch my older daughter wanted to sign in at Adventure Ocean for the day. Once again I had to get a Roast Beef Sandwich at the Park Cafe. While she was in the we just relaxed and enjoyed the ship with our 1 year old. I did make it to the Zip Line in the afternoon and did it twice.

20120302-IMG7502-XL.jpg

20120302-IMG7504-XL.jpg

In the evening after dinner instead of going to see Blue Planet we decided to head to the Boardwalk with the girls.

20120304-Jeff-S95-Allure-0292-X2.jpg

20120304-Jeff-S95-Allure-0293-X2.jpg

20120304-Jeff-S95-Allure-0321-X2.jpg

20120304-Jeff-S95-Allure-0322-XL.jpg

Thanks for all of your helpful info! I hadn't been able to find the complete MDR dinner menus :). This will help me plan whether or not we do a specialty restaurant!

It isn't easy finding the Cruise Compass & Menus for some sailings. If you are like me I like to figure out our dining and entertainment schedule prior to leaving. This way we don't end up with conflicts.

It does take time to scan and upload everything. I hope it helps others plan their cruise.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

This question has been asked many times on this board (including YT!!)

The answer seems to be that on the first night you have to try the age group you belong to. After that, you have choice to switch if you are only couple of months away but once changed, you can not return to your original group.

Most report that kid ends up preferring the original group.

Reading the compass posted, you wil notice the age group is not really "with babies" but 8-11 with activities listed vs general semi-supervised group of teens - many as old as 17.

We are booked on Oasis, and I have been doing the online registration, reservations, etc.

Enterred all the info on me, DW and DS. Specifically, the DS date of birth is enterred by me. What would be the problem is someone wanted their child to participate in the 12 YO program to fudge the date of birth on the online registration by one year?

We are booked on Oasis, and I have been doing the online registration, reservations, etc.

Enterred all the info on me, DW and DS. Specifically, the DS date of birth is enterred by me. What would be the problem is someone wanted their child to participate in the 12 YO program to fudge the date of birth on the online registration by one year?

There is a chance that the mistake would be caught at check in as they carefully check the passport/birth certificate. You could try it as you have nothing to lose. The problem could also arise if the child mentions their age in the club to a staff member. They have been super strict lately on RCCL.

I would think it would get caught when you arrive at the terminal and present your Passport and/or Birth Certificate and would be corrected. It will also probably cause a total nightmare matching up with C&A. You don't want an issue there because it will create issues on future bookings.

....It will also probably cause a total nightmare matching up with C&A.

Just curious, how so?

I find it odd (hey, I am an I.T. guy) that RCI has all of our C & A info, but, we have to go to their web site, and put it all in:confused: every time. Name, address, city, state, zip, phone, DOB, etc.:mad:

Just curious, how so?

I find it odd (hey, I am an I.T. guy) that RCI has all of our C & A info, but, we have to go to their web site, and put it all in:confused: every time. Name, address, city, state, zip, phone, DOB, etc.:mad:

That amazes me also. I have everything for all 4 of us stored but it won't auto populate the info for you causing you to punch it in when you do your docs. Anything from a last name change from getting married can cause issues where it won't match up the C&A number properly. It took 2 years to get ours straight. In the end they ended up giving my wife a new number, did away with my original number and stated my wife's old account should have been mine not the one I had for over 12 years? When we were having the issues it would not let us complete the boarding info in My Cruises because of mismatched data.

That amazes me also. I have everything for all 4 of us stored but it won't auto populate the info for you causing you to punch it in when you do your docs. Anything from a last name change from getting married can cause issues where it won't match up the C&A number properly. It took 2 years to get ours straight. In the end they ended up giving my wife a new number, did away with my original number and stated my wife's old account should have been mine not the one I had for over 12 years? When we were having the issues it would not let us complete the boarding info in My Cruises because of mismatched data.

They should take some lessons from other service orgs like Amazon. You login, PW, and you are done.

Place order, do you want to use the registered credit card? Yes.

Do you want to ship to you existing ship to address? Yes (if not, you can enter another address)

Confirm, click, you are done.

johneeo, I would leary of entering invalid birth dates to move around in the kids club. They are very sticky with appropriate documentation at check in and if they found a discrepancy I personally would be afraid they wouldn't let them on board. I would rather my kids on the ship in a different age group, than standing on the dock waving bye to the ship :eek:.

They should take some lessons from other service orgs like Amazon. You login, PW, and you are done.

Place order, do you want to use the registered credit card? Yes.

Do you want to ship to you existing ship to address? Yes (if not, you can enter another address)

Confirm, click, you are done.

Check out this thread where some others have had issues:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1597204

johneeo, I would leary of entering invalid birth dates to move around in the kids club. They are very sticky with appropriate documentation at check in and if they found a discrepancy I personally would be afraid they wouldn't let them on board. .

Never happen.

I just completed my stuff on line. I had to figure out my kids date of birth. Hmmmm, lemmmmmeeee see, in Sept he will be 16 (I think), so Sept of 2012 minus 16 is 1996? or is in 1997?

RCI at boarding: "OOOOPS, sorry kid, your old man screwed up, hit the pike."

Just curious, how so?

My guess would be liabilty issues. They have a record of what you put in . If they copy from their records and they have bad information or access the wrong personnel file due to similar names than they are totally responsible for what's on record. Just saying.

Archived