Gibbs Lighthouse?

pampaul

I'm assuming the only way to get to the top are stairs, correct?

No elevator? LOL I'd love to go to the top, but I'm dealing with a knee injury right now and I'm not sure I'd be able to get to the top.

Are they steep stairs?

Gibbs Lighthouse is a wonderful place. You are correct. There is no elevator, just lots of steps. There are "landing" areas every so often that you can rest at. At the top, you have to duck down and almost crawl out through a short door onto the viewing platform. Wonderful views after you make it up. If you are taking a bus to the lighthouse, it is quite a walk, uphill all the way, from the main road. If you take a cab or private tour, they will leave you off on the road closer to the lighthouse and you then walk uphill to the base of the lighthouse. The view from outside the lighthouse is also pretty good. You can see quite a bit from the lighthouse grounds. I think it was $2 a person to climb the lighthouse but not sure how your knee issues would limit you. My daughter and I did the lighthouse this last November. Not a destination if you have a fear of hights. The viewing platform is welded iron and very open. Lots of wind at the top too.

Archived