Carnival, please control your CREW!!!!!

Girlsnightout

I find it hard to believe camp carnival would be making that noise at 1:00 am in the morning? Does it not close at 10:00 pm?

Try reading Brenda's post again it didn't say anything about time .... just when she was sleeping, napping, what have you. Not everyone is up and about all the time during the day.

I did not realize a GTY means you should be treated as any less important than a confirmed cabin assignment. What's the point?

Point being that if she booked a GTY she new that she could be stuck "anywhere" and exactly where did I post that said she should be treated differently than someone that booked a confirmed cabin? Let me go check...

...just read my post again...I didn't say that nor did I imply that:rolleyes:

good luck with your complaint to carnival.i was on the glory the week of feb. 19,when we just chugged up and down the coast of florida for a week instead of going to st. thomas and st. maarten .carnival did nothing but lie to its passengers and promised to rectify the situation on a case by case basis.instead i received a form letter offering me 150.00 towards on-board credit if i cruise with them again by dec. 05.that was an insult.i feel even worse for the 40 people who were going as a wedding party to st. thomas but never got there.once carnival has your money they could care less about you.i try to sail once a year,usually with at least one other couple,but will never sail with any of carnivals ships again.i just do not trust them!:mad:

Just wanted to address a couple of points.

First, thank you to those who understand that quiet and respect for the customer should be paramount to a company, regardless of cabin booked. For a cruiseline to refuse to put a stop to the harassment by their own employees is reprehensible. This was from 12:00-3:00am on the last night, when we had to get up early for a long, grueling day of travel. It bordered on torture. It's not as though we could sleep in the next morning.

Secondly, it was not a guarantee, however, I had no reason to believe that a cruiseline, even a "party" cruiseline, would allow such disrespect for it's passengers. Had they put a stop to the behavior when I first called I wouldn't have a complaint, but to let it continue for 3 hours, keeping my entire family awake and miserable? No way!

I absolutely will complain about this, and fully expect satisfaction. I can't believe anyone would let an incident like this go by without letting the management at Carnival know what's going on on their ships.

Bottom line, no crew member should be allowed to disturb passengers to that extent, period.

Bottom line, no crew member should be allowed to disturb passengers to that extent, period.

You are absolutly correct here. As suggested before any complaint should be filed via snail mail return receipt requested. Be sure to include exact dates and times that way Carnival can determine exactly which crew member failed to take the proper action when you called the pursers desk. From what I've read this is source of your complaint.

In case anyone didn't know...I am the poster voyagerfl referred to who used the term 'whiner' and I still believe in that case, rightly so.

There is a huge difference bewteen posting a gripe and getting all "I want compensation." over it ...those supposed 'reviews' where people want their entire cruise cost refunded turn me off. GNO's account does not fit that category.

GNO's thoughts on her cruise are a good review of her Carnival cruise....to me, if you can learn something from someone else's experience it's great that they share the good, the bad and the ugly. She did this without whining over it....but then, although I tend to disagree with GNO on many subjects, (LOL...Ok, almost ALL subjects ;) )I'd NEVER consider her a whiner. I agree whole heartedly that she should be upset. I would have as well. Once she made the complaint, something should have been done.

I also know that because of what she wrote I will be very careful when selecting a cabin, so although this was a difficult situation for you GNO, thanks for making us aware.

I'm glad at least that you were happy with some other aspects of the cruise, and I whole heartedly agree that Carnival ships, although equipped with 'kids camps' are NOT meant for a family vacation. I've said that all along.

This 'family' thing did not work in Vegas and I don't imagine it will work long term for Carnival either.

Well said HALO, Top Notch posting (Especially NON-new age of you, LOL). As usual, I agreed with 98% of what you said. The Family thing never working on Carnival the only caveat(of course).

I didn't read all the posts here, but I was just wondering about something. Could it have been that the loud pounding, and shouting was actually the crew getting the bags, collected throughout the evening, ready to unload in the morning? Thery may also have been playing music to keep themselves awake while they did this work.

I for one believe that more and more families will still take cruises just as you can go visit Vegas at certain times of the year and one will still see kids up and down the strip and in and around the hotels. Cruise lines know that families bring in more $$$$$ and will continue to market to them. I am interested to see what Carnival adds to their new Pinnacle class to draw more families on board.

I understand about being mad because the crew is being loud and she logged a complaint which was the best thing to do.

How is one or two security guards going to quiet down a crew of 900???:confused:

I doubt that there was that many crew partying at the same time but if they are asked to keep the noise down then I think that they would. Too many complaints could lead to their activities being taken away.

Let's face it, Carnival is for people who like to party. That's the reason I like it. Noise is not really an issue for me because i'm usually one of the ones out partying at 2 or 3 a.m. Now, I'm not condoning screaming obscenities in the hallways. That's just rude. But the crew threw one late night party and ready to call corporate and write letters and stuff?

Gimme a break. You say you are a "seasoned cruiser". Then you should know that noise can be an issue on cruise ships. There's a reason that many people go to the great effort of bringing ear plugs. They're often needed. I would agree that you should stay with HAL or Celebrity. I hear their ships are pretty quiet at night.

Ahhhh, there we are with the "Don't Let The Door Knob Hit Ya" attitude....to anyone that has a problem....

Let's face it, Carnival is for people who like to party. That's the reason I like it. Noise is not really an issue for me because i'm usually one of the ones out partying at 2 or 3 a.m. Now, I'm not condoning screaming obscenities in the hallways. That's just rude. But the crew threw one late night party and ready to call corporate and write letters and stuff?

Gimme a break. You say you are a "seasoned cruiser". Then you should know that noise can be an issue on cruise ships. There's a reason that many people go to the great effort of bringing ear plugs. They're often needed. I would agree that you should stay with HAL or Celebrity. I hear their ships are pretty quiet at night.

Ahhhh, there we are with the "Don't Let The Door Knob Hit Ya" attitude....to anyone that has a problem....

They will get a registered letter AND as many phone calls as I can make. I found the disrespect for their customer's comfort appalling.

The kids had a great time except for the younger ones, who were unable to swim the entire week because of the pool closure. Food was better than I expected, room was nicer than I expected, dining and room (steward) service were excellent. No problem with chair hogs, we stayed on the fore sun deck, which wasn't too crowded. I had hoped for more evening entertainment, especially comedians that started before 12:00 am and production shows more than twice a week. Despite Carnival's claim to be going after a more upscale, family market, it's pretty evident that they are having a hard time shaking their party hardy image...I don't think I'd sail them again, especially if I get no satisfaction about our complaint. I guess I'm more of a Celebrity/Princess/HAL style cruiser, I don't like having to pack earplugs for the family on vacation.

PS. Sgriff, sorry you missed those women on your cruises, they were pretty EASY to find, a different guy found them every night..;) !

:p Beautiful! Thanks for the laugh!

The crew bar on that ship is midship and on the starboard side. On the last night of the cruise, much of the crew is hauling luggage and not attending a party. Ship sponsored parties and bingo for the crew are not scheduled on the last sailing night. Most likely, the disturbance was from a crew cabin and should have been dealt with swiftly and completely. The poster is certainly justified to be upset.

good luck with your complaint to carnival.i was on the glory the week of feb. 19,when we just chugged up and down the coast of florida for a week instead of going to st. thomas and st. maarten .carnival did nothing but lie to its passengers and promised to rectify the situation on a case by case basis.instead i received a form letter offering me 150.00 towards on-board credit if i cruise with them again by dec. 05.that was an insult.i feel even worse for the 40 people who were going as a wedding party to st. thomas but never got there.once carnival has your money they could care less about you.i try to sail once a year,usually with at least one other couple,but will never sail with any of carnivals ships again.i just do not trust them!:mad:

Here we go again same lies and half truths ... give it up already. :(

This is what I was talking about.

There is a HUGE difference...at least, I see one.

Twinkle . . . I couldn't agree more. One should not have to pack ear plugs for a cruise . . . especially when it's the cruise's crew that is making the noise. And for those that feel as if Carnival can do no wrong - no matter what . . . well, no cruise or cruise line is perfect . . .

Yup, no cruise or cruise line is perfect, but what is important is that the cruise line be given the opportunity to fix the problem. Things do happen...it's how they handle the problem. :)

There is a difference between stating a justified complaint to advise others about it and the repeated negative ramblings to a group of people who are not in a position to bring resolution to the complainer.

Most people tend to support legitimate complaints and tune out those who make a career of complaining. The glass is not always half empty.

whining

adj 1: long and high-pitched like a whine or plaintive crying 2: habitually complaining; "a whining child"

There is a difference between stating a justified complaint to advise others about it and the repeated negative ramblings to a group of people who are not in a position to bring resolution to the complainer.

Most people tend to support legitimate complaints and tune out those who make a career of complaining. The glass is not always half empty.

whining

adj 1: long and high-pitched like a whine or plaintive crying 2: habitually complaining; "a whining child"

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself.

This is another example of what I would consider whining:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=169184

There is a huge difference bewteen posting a gripe and getting all "I want compensation." over it ...those supposed 'reviews' where people want their entire cruise cost refunded turn me off.

I'm with you... :)

Overall, cruising is such a good deal. Where else can you eat until you explode (if you wanted to), and watch all sorts of live shows? It's a heck of a bargain. We found several things that really weren't to our liking (food), but we just ordered something else. That's the beauty of cruising...if you dislike something, you can try another item. I tried different foods that I would have not normally ordered in a restaurant, and found some I really liked...others (sushi) was as nasty as I thought it would be.... LOL But that's just me.

I'm not sure what would warrant a refund or a discount. If there's a problem, I'm happy if is't fixed so it doesn't happen again.

The glass is not always half empty.

An optimist thinks the glass is half full

A pessimist thinks the glass is half empty...

I am a realist...I know that know matter if the glass is half empty or half full, the dang glass is going to have to be cleaned;)

:p I had issues with a cut open head as a result of accidentally being bumped by a waiter. Security was wonderful but the nurse was horrendous - actually said no one worried about concussions any more. (My hairdresser said the hole in my head is still there and it has been since March 16th)

But for the real point - I called guest relations the Monday after I returned and gave specifics about all of the good experiences and crew (by name) and then my issue with bleeding for two days and no washing of my wound by the nurse etc.

I received a 20% discount off my next cruise and a $100 cabin credit. I found guest relations to be wonderful. I had a written response within 14 days after my initial phone call and assurances that the issues would be investigated.

I found the phone number on the February Miracle roll call - I think. So thank you to whomever posted that!!

Archived