Jalousie Beach Break - Spencer

parddr

We will be going to St. Lucia in a couple weeks on cruise. We r thinking of doing the jalousie Beach Break. Few questions - the tour says duration is 5-6 hours.

1. How long does is the boat ride to the beach

2. How long are you at the beach (few people want time to snorkel)

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I can't find it.

Thanks

I did this tour in February. It was fantastic! It takes about 45 minutes on the boat, each way. It does not feel too long at all. To drive there, it takes over 2 hours! We were at the beach from about 10 am until 2 pm. It was plenty of time to snorkel, swim, walk the beach, or just relax. The lunch and drinks provided were great. There was a little sightseeing on the way back. I loved the bat cave! Spencer himself drove our boat. It was a fabulous day. I highly recommend this tour!

We had one of the best times on a Spencer Ambrose tour to Jalousie Beach. We traveled by boat both ways. Going back to the ship, we went full speed ahead. Had lots of time at the beach and enjoyed the lunch and rum punch provided. We would definitely book with Spencer again. :cool:

We did this tour two weeks ago today and it was great. It takes about an hour to get to Jalousie beach so you are there about 10am until about 2pm. Devon and Terry took us that day and really looked after us. Dont have too many rum punches though, they are strong!!

Spencer Ambrose was awesome. We did the Jalousie Beach Break. We were the last of the tours to leave the port but the first to arrive between the Pitons. He had several tours going and was very well organized. We left the port and headed right to the beach so we could be the first at the beach for the free chairs. We arrived around 10 and left at 2. Gave us a tour on the way back. Lunch was delicious and we never ran out of Piton beer or rum punch( Spencer's recipe, the best I had all week). I would not hesitate to book Spencer again.

We are booked for this tour next Week and are really looking forward to that tour :-)

The price he quoted us was 88,00USD per person (80,00 on his homepage).

I asked about the difference but did not receive an answer.

Definitely ask him in person (and show him his own website if you can) but probably, it is due to a raise in gas prices just recently (our gas prices change every 4 weeks) Gas is close to $6US now here - so he may have to slightly raise his price.

Otherwise definitely ask him about it in person.

Enjoy - it's a great way to see the highlights of the island!

The price he quoted us was 88,00USD per person (80,00 on his homepage).

Probably because I drank all his beer the last time... :)

I'm guessing he had to raise his prices a bit to cover rising costs??

Definitely worth it, though...

Cheers, P:)

I was trying to book with Spencer. He answered me on Sunday that the tour is available and stated prices for us if we want to book. I sent him a reply saying that we want to book the tour. However, since the last Sunday I did not receive any e-mail from Spencer in spite of my multiple e-mails. Is it normal for him? We are going in cruise the next week so we need to decide what to do in St. Lucia.

See, that's the problem with these "all you can drink" tours, especially with the fares so high. There is no one in our party of 6 that drinks other than me, and I might have a drink or two in the evening, not during the day, especially on twisting pothole filled roads. I wish these operators would charge a different fee for those that drink, versus those who don't consume all day.

See, that's the problem with these "all you can drink" tours, especially with the fares so high. There is no one in our party of 6 that drinks other than me, and I might have a drink or two in the evening, not during the day, especially on twisting pothole filled roads. I wish these operators would charge a different fee for those that drink, versus those who don't consume all day.

Pretty sure aimodels was joking abuot having drank all his beer - and even if he wasn't - that is not what is rising in cost around here - it is gas and car parts.

Also - the drinks inlcude a ton of water and sodas and juice- the water is necessary for everyone on a full day tour to ward of dehydration - and bottled water is more expensive than beer on the island. :eek:

The drinks are a very, very small portion of the tour prices.

Actually, I DID drink all his beer...

But I doubt think that's why his prices went up. As stated, I'm sure there are other factors involved, like fuel prices, staff wages, etc. And YES, water is more expensive than alcohol down there...

For the non-drinkers, most of these tour operators are also well stocked with water, juice and soda...

Cheers, P:)

Spencer is wonderful. I organized a tour last Nov. for our group on the Jewel repo. We really had a great day.

To Kintz, email him again. That is not like him to answer email. He might be in Florida for the Easter vacation.

He is great about answering questions. Since we had a really large group, he must have answered 25 questions before we got to St. Lucia.

I am sure you will enjoy this.

Archived