Spring Into Summer Sale

CRUISE4JANE

I didn't book ES...but with this sale, i am able to upgrade from a 7A to an 8A for $40.

I called and was told by the rep that I couldn't upgrade because this was only for new bookings. :confused: WTH???? Is this true?

We went thru this last week, we were told the same thing. Was trying to upgrade a friend from Interior to Balcony (this was pack and go rate) they said it is for new bookings only.

It does state on the Summer Rate it is only good for Interior to Interior, OV to OV and Balcony to Balcony. So you have to stay within the same room type.

We went thru this last week, we were told the same thing. Was trying to upgrade a friend from Interior to Balcony (this was pack and go rate) they said it is for new bookings only.

It does state on the Summer Rate it is only good for Interior to Interior, OV to OV and Balcony to Balcony. So you have to stay within the same room type.

Is the upgrade mandatory? Or can we just opt for the credit?

Moving cabins is not an option for me as I have my parents in a cabin on one side of me and my girlfriend and her kids in a room on the other side of me.

I was trying to see if I would be able to get a price drop (again) but today it's not giving me a price when I try to do a mock booking. Normally, I would just try to book the same cruise and it would freeze at the "rate" tab. So I tried to look into the Fair Viewer on Carnivals site. I would click submit and it would say there is nothing available for my cruise. I called carnival and the carnival rep told me that when that happens, that means that the cruise is 100% booked. At that point there is no more OBC or upgrades offered and the price that we have is what we are going to be locked into. I'm going to keep checking daily (hoping people cancel and open up some rooms). Just thought I would share the info if anyone else is seeing the same thing.

Who are you guys calling? I went over 10 days on my last submission and Carnival has not responded other then the e-mail that says they have 10 days.

I just submitted this one today. I wonder if it will get ignored as well.

that is a long time. still waiting for the first form i submitted a few days ago. I am sure they are swamped now with this sale. :(

A quick question. We booked an early saver rate for a July cruise. We also had a 20% discount from our previous cruise in 2010 due to a hurricane changing some ports. Can we still qualify for the price reduction if the original price drops? The current price would lower our cost by about $80.

Questions... On my sail date & ship it saysCategory Total Cabin Amount

Cruise Only

6M

(Free Upgrade

from 6A) $1718.00

6A $1718.00

6L

(Free Upgrade

from 6A) $1718.00

6A $1718.00

My catagory is 6L. This price is $60 cheaper than my current rate( have already got a couple of small price drops. I booked ES so can I submit this?? Also I'm not sure I understand the upgrades anyway. I'm in a deluxe ov cabin on deck 1 aft. I would actually prefer to be midship. I've already paid in full & cruise May 27. I know upgrades are within the same type of cabin ov to ov etc. are upgrades to better locations or what exactly. I sure dont want to be forward.

I got the email offer, but I'm getting a cheaper price for DH's being over 55 than I am under the Spring into Summer sale pricing. We're not booked on a cruise yet, but I'm looking at going on the Fantasy again in May.

If you booked ES you dont call, you submit the form yourself.

I called last night and got one price drop. Did not fill out a form and it only took a few minutes. :)

What fire said :)

She may not know the ins and outs of ES.. submit the form as another entire department does this role at CCL :D

I have attached the form

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

If you used a TA then they have to submit the form for you :)

I am filling out this form now, but 2 Carnival reps told me the same thing..................this does not apply to my ES booking. This summer sale is for new bookings or fun select. Are they lying?

I didn't book ES...but with this sale, i am able to upgrade from a 7A to an 8A for $40.

I called and was told by the rep that I couldn't upgrade because this was only for new bookings. :confused: WTH???? Is this true?

Same here :confused:

From CCl Faq's

What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

here is the link

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466

I booked 2 adjoining staterooms past guest rate and just got a $200 reduction by calling my PVP. We didn't have to change staterooms. Yea! Our air conditioner just went out and it cost $3500 to replace so this was very good news!

Congrats to everyone who got a credit!

Had a dream last night that our rate went down $100pp (wishful thinking I guess :o), so I got excited when I saw this.

I just checked for our cruise and the Spring into Summer rate would be $330 more than our ES rate. :(

Oh well... I'll just continue to check the FareViewer a few times a day.

What fire said :)

She may not know the ins and outs of ES.. submit the form as another entire department does this role at CCL :D

I have attached the form

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

If you used a TA then they have to submit the form for you :)

Okay, I just filled out the form and sent it. Let's see what they say. Thanks for info :) If I get it, then I guess you can't believe the Carnival Reps. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I will let you all know.

I called this morning regarding the price drop via the sale and they told me it was only for "new bookings" I figured I would try calling again this afternoon and yay! They honored it and will issue the refund (past guest) we didnt book ES for that cabin, kids are in an inside :D made my day!

. This summer sale is for new bookings or fun select. Are they lying?

I don't know yet. They told me the same thing.

I got a price drop and I was already booked as a past guest. Did not do a new booking.

Hope it works for me too. I guess the only thing one can do i submit the form and find out.

I booked ES & I am also a past guest as well as a senior. I called my pvp & she said yes I was eligible for the upgrade which will just move me from a 6L ov to a 6M.Which moves me from aft to midship which is exactly what I want. Plus I should get the $60 obc. Told me to just submit the form which I did. Its been taking about 2 or 3 days to get the approval back. We'll see... but I'm excited!!

I called last night and got one price drop. Did not fill out a form and it only took a few minutes. :)

I am filling out this form now, but 2 Carnival reps told me the same thing..................this does not apply to my ES booking. This summer sale is for new bookings or fun select. Are they lying?

Same here :confused:

I called back, got a different rep, and was able to upgrade from a 7A to an 8F for $40. :D

We have Three 8D cabins booked on the Liberty as Past Guest...I wasn't sure if we would qualify for a price drop for the Spring into Summer Sale.

Well...We did! We got back $210 per cabin! $630 Total!

We also have a short 4 day cruise booked as well, booked as ES. We qualified for the reduction and are getting back $60 in OBC!

My PVP is AWESOME! $690 in price reduction & OBC! What a wonderful day!

Okay, here I go again. When I submitted my form for the Summer Sale I checked off OBC, but my final payment isn't paid yet. Would they deny me or just give me the credit on my balance? Maybe I need to hurry and pay this cruise up so I don't have to be denied or worry about this. Yep, I am a worry wart :eek:. I'll take the price reduction any way I can get it. They did not have a space to be checked off that said credit, just OBC or Upgrades and I am happy with my cabin I have, I checked OBC.

Archived