POSH PASS on EPIC

sirdavid

I have read several post about purchasing the POSH pass and using it during the Sailaway from Miami.

I just talked to NCL and they inform me that any POSH pass can only be used from the second day of the cruise.

Can anyone clarify or confirm this information.

Thank you.

That is my understanding as well, for the initial pull away from Miami it's suite owners only. That said I have also read reviews where a posh pass holder bought their pass and immediately went up to 18 to check the area out. Seems like 1/2 the time they find out the card doesn't work but after speaking with guest services they get it figured out.

I have read several post about purchasing the POSH pass and using it during the Sailaway from Miami.

I just talked to NCL and they inform me that any POSH pass can only be used from the second day of the cruise.

Can anyone clarify or confirm this information.

Thank you.

POSH may be purchased once aboard ship however, cannot be used until 2nd day forward.$15 per day/$59.00 week.Its obvious that 4 days is the same as six days (week purchase).This way your not losing anything if port days are spent off ship!

Enjoy!

we were on Epic last April-bought posh passes straight away and used them to go to sailaway from Miami-no problem with access and we werent told there were time restrictions.

sailaway was the only time POSH was busy and a lot of kids there-no kids for rest of week though

The key cards did stop working at random times during the week-just went to guest services and got them reprogrammed.

Have just booked Breakaway for next August-hope they have POSH open to non suites as well

I am also interested in getting a Posh pass when I go in June but not sure if I will be on the ship in time for the weekly ration of 20 passes as I fly in that morning! Has anyone bought the day pass and if so, do you know if they limit the amount sold? Also do you buy that in the morning (or the night before?) from customer services? Presume they just do something to your key card?

thanks

We're on the Epic in May in the Med but I'm not sure that the weekly pass will be worth buying as we only have one sea day? I've read that there's also a public sundeck area on deck 18 and I'm thinking that it might be an option. We're not bothered about being right by the pool.

There probably won't be daily passes if the 20 weekly passes are gone. Its 20 for the day total and if 20 weekly passes are already sold that means all the daily ones are gone.

The public deck on 18 is quiet and a nice option away from the pool. There's also spice H2O for adults only.

There are no Posh passes available for the 01/26/2013 sailing....You do not want to purchase Posh passes for the 01/26/2013 sailing...Just practicing my 'Jedi Mind Trick' for my next cruise....

I though Posh was the area for Haven suite guests? I am confused.

Posh is included for suite guests, but also available to those who purchase the limited passes. While it's included, it is separate from the actual "Haven" areas, which are mostly on decks 16 and 17, in the same vicinity but both have their own key access. Suite guests are able to access both areas. Posh passes only get you access to Posh itself - an adult sundeck with bar on deck 18 overlooking the main pool area. It really doesn't offer much except peace and quiet - an uncrowded space to sunbathe, smoke a cigarette or cigar, have an afternoon cocktail, etc.

Robin

Posh is included for suite guests, but also available to those who purchase the limited passes. While it's included, it is separate from the actual "Haven" areas, which are mostly on decks 16 and 17, in the same vicinity but both have their own key access. Suite guests are able to access both areas. Posh passes only get you access to Posh itself - an adult sundeck with bar on deck 18 overlooking the main pool area. It really doesn't offer much except peace and quiet - an uncrowded space to sunbathe, smoke a cigarette or cigar, have an afternoon cocktail, etc.

Robin

Hi Robin,

My next Epic adventure is in a studio all by myself :) I am now Platinum which means I have access to the concierge.

I will be in Barcelona the night before the TA and can get to the ship early to be first in line, but wondered if I might arrange a Posh Pass ahead of time, since I have concierge access? What are your thoughts? Since I'm in a studio I would really love the access.

Hi Robin,

My next Epic adventure is in a studio all by myself :) I am now Platinum which means I have access to the concierge.

I will be in Barcelona the night before the TA and can get to the ship early to be first in line, but wondered if I might arrange a Posh Pass ahead of time, since I have concierge access? What are your thoughts? Since I'm in a studio I would really love the access.

We had no access to the concierge pre-cruise in the Haven - it's so big that I am sure they are always busy! I suppose you could call NCL to get an email address.. I don't think you will have a problem getting a pass on Med sailings - the cruise is so port intensive that with only one sea day to enjoy Posh, I don't expect many people will use it. The bar closed at 7pm on every day of our Caribbean sailing, it wasn't until after I returned that I saw that original plans said it would be open in the evenings.. If all else fails, Spice H20 is a very good alternative!

Robin

We had no access to the concierge pre-cruise in the Haven - it's so big that I am sure they are always busy! I suppose you could call NCL to get an email address.. I don't think you will have a problem getting a pass on Med sailings - the cruise is so port intensive that with only one sea day to enjoy Posh, I don't expect many people will use it. The bar closed at 7pm on every day of our Caribbean sailing, it wasn't until after I returned that I saw that original plans said it would be open in the evenings.. If all else fails, Spice H20 is a very good alternative!

Robin

I may try to be on the safe side. It's the transatlantic, so it may be really hard to get them.

Thanks Robin :)

I wish they would allow you to purchase them in advance like the prepaid grats, and shore excursions. First come, first serve. Would be better than trying to get on the ship right away and try to beat other people. And once it sells out have a waiting list so if someone cancels their cruise or changes dates, it goes to the next person.

I wish they would allow you to purchase them in advance like the prepaid grats, and shore excursions. First come, first serve. Would be better than trying to get on the ship right away and try to beat other people. And once it sells out have a waiting list so if someone cancels their cruise or changes dates, it goes to the next person.

Agreed. They'd be able to keep the money longer too. I think the issue is that there is a fluctuation between weeks as to how many they sell.

. Would be better than trying to get on the ship right away and try to beat other people..

But for those of us that are doing a B2B it works perfectly on turnaround day:D

We were on the March 10/12 sailing. As soon as we got on board we went to Guest Services and purchased 2 weekly passes for POSH. This was a packed cruise with almost 5,000 guests and lots of kids, so we were very glad to have the privacy and relative quiet of POSH. Not given any day/time restrictions and when we went to check it out that afternoon, we were invited to the sail away party and enjoyed champaign and snacks. Spent lots of time there on sea days and it was awesome.

Archived