Grand Suite question

hftmrock

I have booked a grand suite on the Imagination. We are 4 people (DH(me), DW, DD(11) and DS(17)).

We have stayed on the Norwegian Dawn Mini Suite and thought there was sufficient room (I think there was 220sq ft)

My BIL was considering going on the same cruise and went to a travel agent to get prices. They told him that a grand suite is too small for a family of 4 :eek:

I do ALOT of research and know that the grand suite is 330 sql ft and I believe the balcony is 70sq ft.

I am posting this to confirm and show my BIL if my assumtion is right and there is enough room for 4 people in a grand suite. I belive the travel agent is trying to milk my BIL to get us to book 3 rooms instead of 2 (grand suite and inside cabin)

So the question is ..

Is the grand suite big enough for a family of 4. (BTW - the plan was for my daughter and wife to sleep on the pull-out sofa together and Me and My son would get the two twin beds (that could be a twin).

Thanks for the help.. the more replies the better to convince either me or my BIL. Redundant posts welcome :D

The grand suite we booked on the Magic is shown as 345 sq ft with a 85 sq ft balcony. This is similar in size to the one you've booked. I would think if the suite you had on the ND was adequate then the larger one on the Imagination should have even more room. Enjoy :D

thanks for the responses...

We have no issues with the bathrooms. When we stay at any hotel or cruise we just have one bathroom so we manage.

I was talking more about space in the room.

The TA told my BIL that we would neot have enough space and we would be cramped which I find hard to believe

I was in a jr suite on the Imagination with 3 people and we had plenty of room. The grand suite is about 1/2 room larger and unless you are all really large :) I would think that 4 people would fit comfortably in a grand suite.

I think the TA is trying to get a bigger commission out of you but at the cost of a grand suite, I wouldn't think it would be much more :)

I think the TA is trying to get a bigger commission out of you but at the cost of a grand suite, I wouldn't think it would be much more :)

The thing is that I am not booked with this travel agent at all... I booked directly through Carnival. My BIL went to this travel agent to get the prices and thats what they told him... so if I agreed then this TA would get 3 rooms instead of 1 (I want 2 rooms with 4 in the grand suite and 2 in an OV, the Trave agent wants me to get 3 rooms (OV) with 2 in each room. )

The thing is that I am not booked with this travel agent at all... I booked directly through Carnival. My BIL went to this travel agent to get the prices and thats what they told him... so if I agreed then this TA would get 3 rooms instead of 1 (I want 2 rooms with 4 in the grand suite and 2 in an OV, the Trave agent wants me to get 3 rooms (OV) with 2 in each room. )

IMO, I would stay with Carnival even if you want to switch to the 3 rooms. Booking with a TA you lose control of your booking. The TA has to do everything even submit for price drops which some may not like since it reduces their commission. I use a Carnival PVP for my bookings. I used a TA before for my first 2 cruises but had an issue with my booking and she was on vacation. Ended up being very stressful to resolve with the others in her office.

Personally, I would stay with the Grand Suite and the OV. I think you will have plenty of room plus those in the Grand Suite will get VIP embarkment. Not sure who is in the OV but if they are either your minor children or linked on your sign & sail, I think they can get VIP embarkment also. Also, you would have access to a balcony, which gives you extra space and someplace to unwind.

We had a GS on the Fantasy with 4 people - 2 adults, 2 teen girls. We got a roll-away, as it would have been impossible for my 2 dd's to share the pullout, as they are very restless sleepers. Even with the roll-away we didn't feel cramped. The steward would set it upright on its end each a.m. to give us more room during the day, even though we told him to leave it set up to save him work.

Archived