Liberty Dream Review

PaulMedik

Nothing you are about to read is true; it was all a dream I had last night.

We arrived at the port way ahead of everybody so I parked our car at the door to let everyone out and while I was looking thru my laptop bag for our boarding documents they began allowing people in. I backed the car out of the entry way and found a parking spot nearby. Since we had not unloaded our luggage they loaned us a tractor with front loader to carry it from the vehicle. After unloading the tractor I left it parked behind our car; at first I took the keys out, but then I put them back because I assumed someone else might need it.

As it turned out we didn't need our documents nor did we have to go thru security or receive S&S cards; they just led us straight to the the ship. We boarded onto Lido from the bow of the ship!

Once we walked out onto the open Lido deck I realized I hadn't taken any pictures so I dug thru my pockets, found a camera, and returned back to where we boarded. I tried to get pictures of the doorwary onto the ship from the top deck but couldn't so I got off the ship to take a picture. I first tried one side then the other and finally found an angle where I could see the gangway to the ship as they were pulling it back in. As it turned out, it was the aft of the ship instead of the bow, but I never did see a door.

While looking for the door I realized the ship was completely out of the water yet there were divers under the ship inspecting. Both props were completely out and dry.

The ship began raising and lowering and finally lowered all the way down and began thrusting to mid channel. Once it was in the middle I expected it would return to the pier and pull side facing, but instead I saw the props engage and she began sailing down Government Cut.

I watched her sail for a while then began looking for a charter to take me to the ship. I found a nice crab fisherman who agreed to take me out to board Liberty. The ride out to meet Liberty was different from any I have ever experienced; there were crabs about four inches long shaped like small hair brushes crawling everywhere. They were polite and would scurry out of the way if I walked by.

When we got to Liberty we pulled alongside and I jumped thru a door where tenders board. For some reason I wasn't on deck 0, but instead it was a passenger deck? I caught the midship elevator up to Lido and walked out onto the open deck again and began my normal cruise.

Every cruise we've been on I always feel like it's finally here on my first day off from work prior to the cruise. This year that day will be March 31. We fly to Miami on April 5 and board April 7.

I never feel like the cruise has started until we actually board the ship. The things I look forward to are; seeing the funnel for the first time, entering the pier boarding area, walking across the gangway, walking onto the ship and into the atrium, and walking out onto the open Lido deck. Once I'm on Lido the cruise is in full swing!

What is the significance of pulling up the entrance to unload? On our first cruise we had a rental car that we parked across the street from the ship after unloading at the ship gangway. For some reason the car in this dream was my wife's 94 Ford Taurus. There's no way we could all five fit in it with our luggage. :eek:

Why did they loan me a tractor for our luggage? I have no clue; I've never seen a tractor used for luggage. Yesterday while cutting grass I thought about hitching our lawn tractor or fourwheeler to our boat to move it so I could mow underneith. Perhaps the thoughts of hooking a lawn tractor to a boat.....NO I have never done that nor would I....well maybe I would, but so far I haven't.

I know why I went looking for the door; on a Cruise Critic post a few days ago FireFly responded that there are no exterior doors on that deck or on that side. I remember while I was dreaming I was thinking that FireFly was right and I just had to find that door and get a picture and figure out where it actually was because I knew there were no doors on the bow other than on the secret decks and we had not stepped over any railings.

Why was it the aft instead of the bow? No clue, but aft is my favorite area of both ships and women. :p

Why was Liberty out of the water dry docked? Simple; she had propulsion problems a week ago and they were making sure she was fine for our sailing. ;)

My dream about our next cruise was perhaps boring, but I enjoyed it and hope to return to that cruise again tonight since I'm already onboard. :cool:

Anyone else ever have dreams about their upcoming cruises? I always do and have had others recently, but this is the first one I've shared.

LOL. Liked your dream. I think you'll enjoy Liberty's "new look" when you get onboard in a few weeks. We loved her when we sailed her during Christmas. Looking forward to another wonderful review from you!

Paul,

Could you please leave the tractor parked in front of my parking space at POM, so I can offload DW's 6 pieces of large luggage filled with shoes:D when we board after you walk off? Thanks, and enjoy your cruise, so we can enjoy ours.:)

LOL. Liked your dream. I think you'll enjoy Liberty's "new look" when you get onboard in a few weeks. We loved her when we sailed her during Christmas. Looking forward to another wonderful review from you!

pe4all,

Thank you.

I'll do my best and hopefully the internet will cooperate and allow me to upload everything in a timely fashion.

We're looking forward to the upgrades and perhaps in my next dream I'll make it at least to Guy's Burgers before waking up!

Paul,

Could you please leave the tractor parked in front of my parking space at POM, so I can offload DW's 6 pieces of large luggage filled with shoes:D when we board after you walk off? Thanks, and enjoy your cruise, so we can enjoy ours.:)

crewsweeper,

LOL, I'll do that. My lawnmower starts with a key and I had left the key in it over the winter. Perhaps that's what caused me to stop and look at the key? The funny thing was that it had two keys; one was a John Deere and one was a Cub Cadet, but the tractor was orange like a Kubota. When I took the key out I thought I might get it mixed up with mine, but then I thought about someone else needing it. It's funny how dreams work or at least mine anyhow. I'd love to be able to DVR my dreams and share them or at least some of them....:eek:

My DW takes a large rolling duffle bag of nothing but shoes. She always says it's for all of us, but I've never noticed my shoes or the boys shoes in that duffel. :rolleyes: She does put my shower bag in the duffle which has never made sense to me, but she insists that if something leaks it's best that it leaks on shoes. My showerbag is sealed and waterproof so if anything leaks it's staying inside the bag. ;)

Archived