2 for 1 coupons

A discount of one free ticket for one paid ticket is being offered on London attractions. This promotion is designed to encourage visitors to use public transportation (the train) for travel. The program terms and conditions indicate that the coupons are good until April 30, 2012. Does anybody know if this program will be renewed after April 30. We will be in London the first week of May.

http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/

The discount program is offered by the train operating companies. Both people need a train company issued ticket valid on the day and one Days Out voucher. Return rail tickets are valid on arrival day, departure day, and all days in between.

London Travelcards issued by rail stations, not underground stations, qualify. These travelcards allow you to make as many journeys as you like within the zones covered by your Travelcard on:

• Tube, DLR, London Overground and National Rail services within the zones covered by the ticket
  • All London buses in all zones
  • Trams

Vouchers can be printed online and may be available in Days Out brochures at rail stations.

Heathrow Express, Heathrow Connect, and Eurostar tickets do not qualify. Train tickets from Gatwick do.

Some of the better discounts:

£15.95 Hampton Court Palace

£12.00 Shakespeare's Globe Theatre Tour & Exhibition

£18.00 Tower of London

£14.95 Churchill War Rooms

I need to know if this promotion ends April 30, 2012. I emailed Days Out but have not recieved an answer. Does abyone know if it will be extended?

They always have been extended, but there are no guarantees. The offers may change after April 30 with new offers added and some discontinued. In the past, the London Eye and St. Paul's Cathedral offers were not extended into the summer. Check back with the Days Out website towards the end of April.

• 2 weeks later...
A discount of one free ticket for one paid ticket is being offered on London attractions. This promotion is designed to encourage visitors to use public transportation (the train) for travel. The program terms and conditions indicate that the coupons are good until April 30, 2012. Does anybody know if this program will be renewed after April 30. We will be in London the first week of May.

I got an email from them which said we should check their website at the beginning of April-there will be updated coupons available.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like dates are extended until Oct. However, when I tried to register and print the necessary vouchers, I couldn't because it requires that I list a county I am in (UK COUNTY, not a country) Has anyone actually printed a coupon here in the US?

Looks like dates are extended until Oct. However, when I tried to register and print the necessary vouchers, I couldn't because it requires that I list a county I am in (UK COUNTY, not a country) Has anyone actually printed a coupon here in the US?

Use "other" for the county.

I believe you can buy the train ticket and not use it if you don't need to. If you do at least two attractions you should make out. Their is a web site that explains it.

thanks for the "other" option. I didn't see it before :)

Sorry to be so dense....but....the two fers are for only those who travel by train to London?

We are staying in London for six days, would we use a train?

Ann

The 2-for-1 offers are for those holding a train ticket.

The trick is that often train stations in London also have attached underground stations. So, you can buy a travelcard from the train station machines that print on train ticket paper, and that will give you access to the special offers.

• 2 weeks later...
Just checked and the offer is good until October. Go to days out web site (google it) and look at the bottom for link to terms and conditions.

London Eye - from ticket offer:

2FOR1 Admission £18.60*

*Subject to change from 3rd Jan 2012.

Offer times: Daily from 10.00 Times vary, check londoneye.com.

Valid from 1st Nov 2011 until 30th April, 2012.

Archived