Celebrity Passages Question

jerseygirl3

A friend was on RCI recently and thought she was purchasing a future cruise certificate that, according to the rep onboard who sold it to her, was good on all three RCI lines (RCI, Celebrity, Azamara). Of course, as we now know, it's not. It's a "Next Cruise" certificate good only on RCI.

She had wanted to use it for a booking for Celebrity Reflection.

I will be onboard a Celebrity ship next week and wondered if I am able to purchase one for her?

Anybody know?

I know if I were to do a future booking, I could add a family and friend, but I would just out and out be attempting to purchase a Celebrity Passages (open) certificate for her.

A friend was on RCI recently and thought she was purchasing a future cruise certificate that, according to the rep onboard who sold it to her, was good on all three RCI lines (RCI, Celebrity, Azamara). Of course, as we now know, it's not. It's a "Next Cruise" certificate good only on RCI.

She had wanted to use it for a booking for Celebrity Reflection.

I will be onboard a Celebrity ship next week and wondered if I am able to purchase one for her?

Anybody know?

I know if I were to do a future booking, I could add a family and friend, but I would just out and out be attempting to purchase a Celebrity Passages (open) certificate for her.

Hi Jerseygirl,

Yes, you can purchase a Celebrity passages certificate for your friend.

Hi Jerseygirl,

Yes, you can purchase a Celebrity passages certificate for your friend.

So I can just fill out the paperwork with her family's info (as they won't be on the ship with us) and have it billed to our CC, but it can be in just her name? I thought you had to actually be ON the ship to do a future cruise booking. But if what you are saying is correct, I will just fill out the paperwork and do it for her.

Jo-Ann

• 1 month later...

I am also interested in doing so for ourselves as well as a family member, however, we will be on a RCCL ship and wish to purchase a future certificate for a Celebrity ship. Is this (being on one cruiseline and purchasing for another cruiseline) not allowed anymore?

Thank you :)

I guess I'll add my question here. We booked a future cruise credit on Celebrity but we want to use it on Royal Caribbean...is that allowed?

To answer my own question, I just spoke with a Captain's Club rep who said that you are able to use it on Royal.

To answer my own question, I just spoke with a Captain's Club rep who said that you are able to use it on Royal.

Er, I would suggest that is wrong!

If you buy a Royal NC Decide Later, you can only book a Royal Caribbean ship with that. Likewise Open Passage for X is only used for an X ship.

However, if you are on a Celebrity sailing and you want to buy a Next Cruise for Royal then you can, just make sure they know it needs to be for Royal.

I know one of the things they have on the terms and conditions is that at least one name on the booking must stay the same through it's lifecycle.

I agree with mzk90, you cannot use a Royal next cruise on Celebrity or vice-versa a Celebrity passages on Royal. Each document has its unique booking number which is not interchangeable between the brands. I have both and have purchased them on either line.

Er, I would suggest that is wrong!

If you buy a Royal NC Decide Later, you can only book a Royal Caribbean ship with that. Likewise Open Passage for X is only used for an X ship.

However, if you are on a Celebrity sailing and you want to buy a Next Cruise for Royal then you can, just make sure they know it needs to be for Royal.

I know one of the things they have on the terms and conditions is that at least one name on the booking must stay the same through it's lifecycle.

I agree with mzk90, you cannot use a Royal next cruise on Celebrity or vice-versa a Celebrity passages on Royal. Each document has its unique booking number which is not interchangeable between the brands. I have both and have purchased them on either line.

OK, let me get this straight. One CAN purchase a Future cruise certificate for either line, onboard either cruiseline. However, the certificate needs to be marked specific to the cruiseline you wish to use it on...correct?

What about buying for another family member who is not sailing with you, but wished to sail with you on another cruise?

Statement #1 is correct, the certificates can be used on the issuing cruise line only.

Purchasing for a friend question, I believe Host Andy answered in this thread. Also, attached to my last Passages was a "Friends & Family" special offer which allowed you to later add individuals to your master bookingso that they could receive the OBC.

Where you can use it depends on which type of future cruise certificate you buy. They are not interchangeable.

We also have purchased both types while on a Celebrity cruise.

The Royal Caribbean certificate is called NextCruise. It has a Next Cruise account number and is for use on a Royal Caribbean International cruise. It specifies that it is not valid on any other cruise line.

The Celebrity certificate is called Celebrity Passages and it has a Celebrity Passages account number. It states that a Celebrity Passages account is not valid on any other cruise lines.

Archived