Frog and Onion Fish Chowder ??

KevinsCruising

I cant wait to try it....Its crazy to think that Bud Light is an IMPORTED beer... have to see what a good tap beer they have there that is similar.

Try all the non American beers. There are a lot of British beers on tap, I liked the ales the best, though a little strong. Do remember that the alcaholic content is higher than the imported beers to the US. So they are more potent, a six pack of the German or Dutch brews will probably put you down for the night, compared to the comparably watered down bud we are used to. And they seem to taste better too. Flanigans, the half penny pub and the pickled onion all have extensive variety of tap brews with great atmosphere as well. Have fun.

Try all the non American beers. There are a lot of British beers on tap, I liked the ales the best, though a little strong. Do remember that the alcaholic content is higher than the imported beers to the US. So they are more potent, a six pack of the German or Dutch brews will probably put you down for the night, compared to the comparably watered down bud we are used to. And they seem to taste better too. Flanigans, the half penny pub and the pickled onion all have extensive variety of tap brews with great atmosphere as well. Have fun.

Sounds great...getting thirsty already. Where are Flanigans, the half penny pub and the pickled onion ???

Flanagan's Irish Pub, Front St, Hamilton;

do you mean the Hog Penny Pub, 5 Burnaby Hill, Hamilton:

Pickled Onion Restaurant & Bar, Front St, Hamilton

SBtS

[/quoteOpps you are right. I have a mental block about that place, been calling it that since 1967. LOL I think they are going to have to change the name for me to ever get it right.

But I think it is a great place. Great atmosphere, feels just like the pubs I visited in London. Nice variety of British draft beers and ales. And the food was surpringly good. The short ribs I had a couple of years ago were the best I ever had. I highly recommend it.

The Hog Penny only had four draft beers when I was there last year...and nothing really exciting at that, Bass Ale, Fosters Lager, Sam Adams Ale and Carlsberg Lager.

that is indeed, nothing special just ok. They used to have Watney's red barrel, which I loved. (still have the mug with the Watney's keg imprint), and a few others. Times change unfortunately.

Archived