Possibly lost Passport in Port of Baltimore

CorrieCJ

OK. Weird question. My family and I came off the Carnival pride 3 weeks ago. I was looking for my husband's passport the other day and could not find it. Now I am wracking my brain - I can't remember if I had the passports when I got home. My kids' birth certificates are put away but the passports (mine and my husband's) are not. I know I had them in my hand when I left the ship and went through customs but I can't remember anything after that. So - I was trying to find a phone number for the Port of Baltimore in case they were dropped there and turned in... every phone number leads me to an automated system with no appropriate choices. I tried an email but got no response. Can anyone help? Thanks!!!

This is a tough one. Did you lose both passports or only one?

I would think that if someone found this/these, especially someone working in customs or at the port, you would have been contacted by now. You probably found this web page with phone numbers, but just in case:

http://www.pobdirectory.com/customs.php

If you looked everywhere at home, they may be gone for good. You need to notify the Department of State:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/lost/lost_848.html

You may be purchasing replacements.

There was a post on her last week from someone who was sailing the following weekend and could not find her family's passports. They were recovered from a bag of pamphlets and papers they had saved from their last trip. Just a thought. Did you have anything like this when you unpacked. Take a quick look. The passports may turn up.

You guys are great... I am going to try the sites/numbers suggested. As to whether they might be somewhere in my house... it's possible. My place is very cluttered (2 adults 4 kids in a 2-br apt) and sometimes things get misplaced. Plus I have a 4 year old who likes to move things around. But - the birth certificates made it home, and all my receipts, etc... My brain tells me hey - you found the birth certificates, the passports should have been with them, and if they weren't, the red flags would have gone off 3 weeks ago. BUT - I also don't think I had the birth certificates in my hand at customs, the way I had the passports, so they may NOT have been in the same place. My brain also says I would have put the passports away right away - but again - things do get misplaced. I am going to do a good cleaning up this weekend. I did check all the bags, zipper pockets, etc. (found sandals, band-aids and a strange looking rock) - but I will check those again too. Thanks!!!

Archived