How do you arrange your port time?

hannahsmomtoo

So here it is..

We have 2 days in Cabo..

I will book a Carnival Parasailing excursion that is only about 2 hours..and then I figure we will spend the rest of that day shopping / eating etc

Should I book an excursion on day two?

What would you do?

<---- total Novice.

Thanks !

I was just on the Splendor last week and we spent 2 days in Cabo. There is a lot to do there, it just depends on what you enjoy doing. I just had one observation to pass on that might influence your plans. Most people did excursions the first day in Cabo, and stayed on the ship for the second day. We had the same idea as everyone else, and the decks/pools/hot tubs, etc were so crowded on the 2nd day. If I were to do it again, I would stay on the ship on the first day, and do excursions the second day, or just do excursions both days. This time we couldn't afford to do excursions both days, since I splurged and did the Dolphin Swim in Puerto Vallarta. Hope this helps.

I was just on the Splendor last week and we spent 2 days in Cabo. There is a lot to do there, it just depends on what you enjoy doing. I just had one observation to pass on that might influence your plans. Most people did excursions the first day in Cabo, and stayed on the ship for the second day. We had the same idea as everyone else, and the decks/pools/hot tubs, etc were so crowded on the 2nd day. If I were to do it again, I would stay on the ship on the first day, and do excursions the second day, or just do excursions both days. This time we couldn't afford to do excursions both days, since I splurged and did the Dolphin Swim in Puerto Vallarta. Hope this helps.

That does help thanks.. ( and we spoke a lot on your review :D)

Last November on Splendor we spent our first day doing a Pez Gato snorkeling excursion followed by lunch and shopping. The second day we relaxed and spent the day on Medano Beach.

On Splendor again this coming April and we've booked a private excursion for the second day since we wouldn't be able to make it off the ship before the excursion departs. So, for this trip our Medano beach/shopping day will be on the first day. ;)

Last November on Splendor we spent our first day doing a Pez Gato snorkeling excursion followed by lunch and shopping. The second day we relaxed and spent the day on Medano Beach.

On Splendor again this coming April and we've booked a private excursion for the second day since we wouldn't be able to make it off the ship before the excursion departs. So, for this trip our Medano beach/shopping day will be on the first day. ;)

Is Medano beach just a public beach.. or a private getaway?

Is Medano beach just a public beach.. or a private getaway?

It's a very popular public beach with lots of places to eat, bars, loungers, etc. Take a water taxi over and check it out. It's a short ride and costs about $3 per person. You'll love it. :D

It's a very popular public beach with lots of places to eat, bars, loungers, etc. Take a water taxi over and check it out. It's a short ride and costs about $3 per person. You'll love it. :D

That is very good info - thank you ! Sounds like a good way to kill a day !!

Last year on the Spirit we had 2 days in Cabo. We took our time the first day and didn't get off the ship early and had lunch first. We thought most people would be wanting to get off the ship early and this worked out great for us. We just went into town and did some shopping. We booked a really nice excursion for the second day. I'm glad we planned it that way.

Last year on the Spirit we had 2 days in Cabo. We took our time the first day and didn't get off the ship early and had lunch first. We thought most people would be wanting to get off the ship early and this worked out great for us. We just went into town and did some shopping. We booked a really nice excursion for the second day. I'm glad we planned it that way.

The first day in Cabo, the wait to get onto a tender was rediculous. We got bumped up cuz we had an excursion planned, and it was for noon. We went down at 10:30 to get in the tender line, and at 11:30 we were still there. The way they worked it was if your excursion was before 11:30 you didn't have to wait in line, but it just wasn't moving very quickly. We finally asked the guy with the microphone if we could just go, and he said to 'pretend' we were the next number called. so we did. We made it with a few minutes to spare for our excursion. On the second day, I went down at 9am, and walked right onto a tender, no wait. So that's a huge difference in the 2 days there. I'd do excursions on the second day, and do shopping, etc on the first day.

I can't imagine not getting off at any port. There is plenty to do in Cabo. And the food and drinks are cheap. If you drink alcohol better to lay on the beach and get cheap drinks than to lay by the ship pool and buy overpriced drinks.

We were there in December. There is a land and sea tour that takes you out to the arch on a boat then tours the area on a bus. This is the same tour that is also sold separately as a sea tour to the arch and a land tour of Cabo. We took the 2 separate tours on the 2 separate days. The land tour was the best of the two. Both gave us plenty of time for shopping sight seeing and trying the local food.

The first day we booked the land tour, took the early tender and started shopping at the tender pier and worked our way around the harbor then came back to the pier to meet our tour.

The second day the tour was in the morning so we went on the tour first. Afterwords we went out behind the straw market and took a bicycle taxi to the other side to pick up where we left off shopping. After our fill of shopping we still had time to try some of the local food and shop our way back to the tender pier.

There is a great glass shop on the tour where you get a chance to watch the glass blowers make items that are for sale in the shop. The land tour also visits a nearby town that gives you a more local view of the country, but still somewhat touristy.

We were there in December. There is a land and sea tour that takes you out to the arch on a boat then tours the area on a bus. This is the same tour that is also sold separately as a sea tour to the arch and a land tour of Cabo. We took the 2 separate tours on the 2 separate days. The land tour was the best of the two. Both gave us plenty of time for shopping sight seeing and trying the local food.

The first day we booked the land tour, took the early tender and started shopping at the tender pier and worked our way around the harbor then came back to the pier to meet our tour.

The second day the tour was in the morning so we went on the tour first. Afterwords we went out behind the straw market and took a bicycle taxi to the other side to pick up where we left off shopping. After our fill of shopping we still had time to try some of the local food and shop our way back to the tender pier.

There is a great glass shop on the tour where you get a chance to watch the glass blowers make items that are for sale in the shop. The land tour also visits a nearby town that gives you a more local view of the country, but still somewhat touristy.

I have heard the blown glass place mentioned before.. on the list.. thank you !

We were on the Splendor on 3/4. We got off the ship into cabo around noon I would guess (we went and had lunch) and there was no line to get a tender.

The second day I had scheduled an excursion, "La Isla". It was a lot of fun. Very relaxed. You could stay on board, go kayaking, or go snorkerling. They served unlimited drinks and lunch, which was chicken tamales, fresh salsa, beans and chips. We LOVED it.

We were on the Splendor on 3/4. We got off the ship into cabo around noon I would guess (we went and had lunch) and there was no line to get a tender.

The second day I had scheduled an excursion, "La Isla". It was a lot of fun. Very relaxed. You could stay on board, go kayaking, or go snorkerling. They served unlimited drinks and lunch, which was chicken tamales, fresh salsa, beans and chips. We LOVED it.

That sounds lovely also... Carnival sponsored or no?

( I DO understand the pros and cons of booking with and without Carnival.. but since this is my first cruise we are sticking with Carnival excursions )

That sounds lovely also... Carnival sponsored or no?

( I DO understand the pros and cons of booking with and without Carnival.. but since this is my first cruise we are sticking with Carnival excursions )

Not carnival sponsored. I understand your apprehension, but I would do this one again without hesitation.

My assumption is that carnival does not offer this excursion since it's only large enough for about 10-15 people max.

Stop in at Cabo Wabo and say HI to Sammy. Have a Margaritta while there.

Would skip that para sailing thing. Wife and I did it and it is way over rated. We did it while at a resort. It took off from the beach and we went up a lot higher than those offered by cruise ships. We went solo and it was 1/2 hour air time each. I guess everyone has to do it.

It helps greatly!:D This is just what I was planning on doing, staying on ship the first day and then going on an excursion the second day. Thanks for reinforcing that I'm doing the best thing. The DH, DS, and DS's friend are going on two excursions, but I just want a little down time. I think I'll hit the serenity deck on the first day in Cabo and get myself a DOD and just kick back and mellow out!:D

It helps greatly!:D This is just what I was planning on doing, staying on ship the first day and then going on an excursion the second day. Thanks for reinforcing that I'm doing the best thing. The DH, DS, and DS's friend are going on two excursions, but I just want a little down time. I think I'll hit the serenity deck on the first day in Cabo and get myself a DOD and just kick back and mellow out!:D

Good plan! :o

Archived