Norwegian Farewell Song "Home Away From Home" Lyrics

cruiseguys2009

Here are the Lyrics to the wonderful Norwegian Cruise Lines Farewell Song, "Home Away From Home" that is sung when the Crew is presented for recognition, on the second to the last night in the showrooms.

“Home Away From Home”

You, Came Into Our World

From A Distant Land

For A Special Reason

And We, Opened Up Our Home

Anytime Of Day, Any Season

Making Your Dreams Come True

Your Wish Is Our Command

We Will Be Waiting

When You Return

We, Have A Way of Life

Free From All That’s Wrong

A Life Can Be Contrary

You, Have A Second Home

Sailing Smooth Is Your, Sanctuary

We’ll Navigate Your Way

We’ll Orchestrate Your Day

We Will Be Waiting, When You Return

#C

This Is Our Home

Away From Home

You Are A Part Of Our Family

We Will Be Here

This Is The Norwegian Way!

This song still brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it sung, especially when I see all the wonderful Crew Members who work so hard, parade up on stage and get the recognition they truly deserve.

Just thought others who adore NCL as much as I do would like to remember this too. Posting this now, has brought back a flood of happy memories....hopefully it will do the same for you too!

Happy Sailing!

Here are the Lyrics to the wonderful Norwegian Cruise Lines Farewell Song, "Home Away From Home" that is sung when the Crew is presented for recognition, on the second to the last night in the showrooms.

“Home Away From Home”

You, Came Into Our World

From A Distant Land

For A Special Reason

And We, Opened Up Our Home

Anytime Of Day, Any Season

Your Wish Is Our Command

We Will Be Waiting

When You Return

We, Have A Way of Life

Free From All That’s Wrong

A Life Can Be Contrary

You, Have A Second Home

Sailing Smooth Is Your, Sanctuary

We’ll Navigate Your Way

We’ll Orchestrate Your Day

We Will Be Waiting, When You Return

#C

This Is Our Home

Away From Home

You Are A Part Of Our Family

We Will Be Here

This Is The Norwegian Way!

This song still brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it sung, especially when I see all the wonderful Crew Members who work so hard, parade up on stage and get the recognition they truly deserve.

Just thought others who adore NCL as much as I do would like to remember this too. Posting this now, has brought back a flood of happy memories....hopefully it will do the same for you too!

Happy Sailing!

I love that song! Thank you for posting the lyrics.

However, Norwegian changed out their farewell song recently. Maybe I'll get used to it, but the original was so much better!

This if funny, thanks for posting.

When I feel a pity party coming on because my next cruise isn't booked yet. I want to smile reliving our wonderful time on our NCL cruises.

I just youtube "NCL crew show" or "NCL farewell show" and listen to it. Always puts a smile on my face.

I love those shows, the crews are so terrific, and they deserve every standing ovation they get. Just reading the words has brought tears to my eyes as it does during the show. Thinking back on our cruise in Feb. I don't even remember the song, must have been the new one.

Does anyone have the new lyrics?

Hi Mary,

When did they change them? On the Gem in Jan. it was definitely the original and the one we all know. Guess I'll have to listen extra carefully on the Jade next month.

Hope you & Richard are doing great!

Hi Mary' date='

When did they change them? On the Gem in Jan. it was definitely the original and the one we all know. Guess I'll have to listen extra carefully on the Jade next month.

Hope you & Richard are doing great![/quote']

After they sing home away from home, they go into the "We are the World" song. Is that what you are thinking of?

coka

On the Dawn (February '12) they sang the new version. :( It wasn't We are the World, it was something else. (Not good.)

See and I thought I was the only one that got all tearie eyed....I am so glad that this song brings back so many memories. I youtubed it too and found so many great recognition shows, what memories.

Keep the contributions of what this song meant to you and your vacation continuing. I love to hear about them!

On the Dawn (February '12) they sang the new version. :( It wasn't We are the World, it was something else. (Not good.)

I agree. It will have to grow on me. I really like the original one.

It's like changing the theme song to your favorite TV show 6 seasons in. It leaves you feeling a bit :cool: LOL

I agree. It will have to grow on me. I really like the original one.

It's like changing the theme song to your favorite TV show 6 seasons in. It leaves you feeling a bit :cool: LOL

Ya gotta wonder, why "fix" something that's not broke?!? :eek:

Does anyone know the name of the new song? I have looked for it on Utube and nothing so far.

Their press release from October 2011 says they were going to introduce a revised farewell show. I haven't seen any videos either but take my word for it, newer isn't necessarily better. ;)

"The brand platform comes to life onboard Norwegian's ships when guests are officially welcomed into the Norwegian community and can experience the "Cruise Like a Norwegian" themed Sail-Away Party and drink menu; all new White Hot Party with "Norwegian" elements; special "Cruise Like a Norwegian" photo and video opportunities; and a revised farewell show, so guests will continue to feel a part of the Norwegian community until their next cruise."

Ya gotta wonder, why "fix" something that's not broke?!? :eek:

Boredom? :o

Does anyone know the name of the new song? I have looked for it on Utube and nothing so far.

Their press release from October 2011 says they were going to introduce a revised farewell show. I haven't seen any videos either but take my word for it, newer isn't necessarily better. ;)

It's definitely different. Frankly I can't remember the name of it or any of the words. If I find it somewhere I'll post it. I might have even taken some video myself.

Thank you for posting this video too. I like the original much better. I wonder if they changed the Farewell Song because the Original Song has something to do with Jean Ann Ryan Productions (who once had a lifetime entertainment contract with NCL) and after her contract was abruptly cancelled last year, the song was ordered to cease and desist too?

I do like the original and it reminded me so much of a "Feel Good" Disney song that you keep singing in your head over and over.

Thanks for posting this.

Thank you for posting this video too. I like the original much better. I wonder if they changed the Farewell Song because the Original Song has something to do with Jean Ann Ryan Productions (who once had a lifetime entertainment contract with NCL) and after her contract was abruptly cancelled last year, the song was ordered to cease and desist too?

I do like the original and it reminded me so much of a "Feel Good" Disney song that you keep singing in your head over and over.

Sure thing. I just wish it was longer. I'll try to get the whole song recorded next month.

I hadn't thought about that. Wouldn't they have had to stop using the old one immediately though?

Archived