Norwegian Farewell Song "Home Away From Home" Lyrics

cruiseguys2009

They had the original songs on the Sun in October, too.

The new "improved" version just does not have the panache the old one had.

I think they might have switched over in February. We were on the Gem the first week of January and they used the original, by early February it was different.

It is definitely a new song, and not a good one either. I agree, I thought the old song was much better, and definitely missed it 2 weeks ago! The new song ties into their new marketing theme "Sail like a Norwegian". Sometimes people switch thinking they are making it better. I want a recording of the old one. Is it on youtube?

The only way to counter this is to have the repeat passengers (with the help these type of message boards) and break into song. If the goal is "and a revised farewell show, so guests will continue to feel a part of the Norwegian community until their next cruise"...

...I say...We The Passengers sing it...now how cool would THAT BE?!?!?

EDIT: I forgot to add...you would think that NCL paid for someone to compose that song. I dunno if I would rather believe the JAR theory of "taking her ball and leaving the playground"...or if it's a new song simply for marketing purposes. I'm hoping it's the former...

It is definitely a new song, and not a good one either. I agree, I thought the old song was much better, and definitely missed it 2 weeks ago! The new song ties into their new marketing theme "Sail like a Norwegian". Sometimes people switch thinking they are making it better. I want a recording of the old one. Is it on youtube?

One of the better ones on Youtube.com that I was able to find. Wow, even now, still tearing up and disappointed that "Home Away From Home" is no more. How can you change a theme song that has been with you for years now?

I think that at the Lattitudes Cocktail Party, the Cruise Critic Roll Calls on each sailing should band together and all stand up and start singing it...Maybe we can start a trend....

I had heard that they were changing the farewell song before we sailed in January and I was SO happy that they still sang the old one... brought tears to my eyes too (every time I heard it)...

I can't believe they would change it.. I thought it was SO perfect the way it was... maybe NCL is listening and can somehow keep the song if they have rights to it...

I contacted one of the CD's and she confirmed the new song is feeltwide. :mad:

Where do we protest? :confused:

Right Here, Right Now! You know that "They" are watching. NCL is the best at being proactive with Guest Recommendations. They listen and do respond.

So, that being said, I for one, would like the original show put back together of Home Away From Home.

Whose with me?

I think that at the Lattitudes Cocktail Party, the Cruise Critic Roll Calls on each sailing should band together and all stand up and start singing it...Maybe we can start a trend....

So, that being said, I for one, would like the original show put back together of Home Away From Home.

Whose with me?

I just pictured a bunch of CCers slightly drunk and more than slightly off key singing the original song at the Latitudes party. Too funny! They're going to make us walk the plank. ROFL

It would be touching...I think. If nothing else, memorable.

However I'd also like to see the original back if at all possible and am signing this virtual petition with you. :)

The only way to counter this is to have the repeat passengers (with the help these type of message boards) and break into song. If the goal is "and a revised farewell show, so guests will continue to feel a part of the Norwegian community until their next cruise"...

...I say...We The Passengers sing it...now how cool would THAT BE?!?!?

EDIT: I forgot to add...you would think that NCL paid for someone to compose that song. I dunno if I would rather believe the JAR theory of "taking her ball and leaving the playground"...or if it's a new song simply for marketing purposes. I'm hoping it's the former...

I'm with ya Zone. And now, the "fat mans chorus" will close tonights show ;)

Archived