Favorite airline? Economy seats!

Cre8tivCruiser

Delta's always been good to us....American changes their schedules frequently...I hate that!

Will NEVER, EVER fly United unless that was the ONLY airline available and we HAVE to get somewhere....they have left us in the lurch MULTIPLE TIMES! Awful!

My family has always had very positive experiences with Southwest and AirTran (soon to be just Southwest, period). Those are by far my favorite two airlines. Apparently, between cb at sea and myself, one of us have flown United's and Delta's evil twins; I've had consistently decent experiences with United and very poor experiences with Delta. I won't fly Delta anymore. Ditto for USAirways.

We love West Jet' date=' but they're a Canadian carrier :)

Air Canada and US Air (both Star Alliance) were ok.[/quote']

Another vote for WestJet here! They are the only humane carrier I've experienced. No charge for baggage, humorous and easy going staff, food vouchers when there are delays, reasonable treatment when flights are canceled.....the list goes on....

Another vote for Jet Blue and in Canada, West Jet. Both are very similar, clean, newer planes, leather seats, inseat tv's, first bag free, free snacks and generally lower airfare. Not to mention the generally happier staff.

Have only flown Southwest once and I wasn't impressed. From the cattlecall boarding to the tired, smelly plane, I couldn't wait to get off.

We are big fans of Southwest right now. They tend to have the best fares from here (ABQ), no bag fees, and easy boarding. (They haven't done the "cattle call" in a couple of years, and families board after group A.) They are very good with/about kids. We actually had the captain go down the stairs to retrieve our strollers after one flight.

I also love the Rapid Rewards program. We're flying into Austin and out of Houston for a Galveston cruise in May for under 49000 points. That is for 4 "round trip" tickets in both directions. No way to do that on a legacy carrier (yet...)

And I *love* the ability to reprice tickets for free when a sale comes along. I got over 5000 points back on those Houston flights when the price dropped during one of their sales. That is family friendly. (And no ES change fees either! :D)

It's funny how people can feel so differently about the same airline. We flew Airtran this past December to Puerto Rico. Had a great flight with a singing captain and wonderful crew. The airplane seemed fairly new and our flight was on time. Our inlaws met us at the airport, they flew Jetblue. The plane was on time, but they said the crew was miserable. They were complaining about their schedule. One tv worked, they had no luck with the other. I've personally flown Southwest, Airtran, USAir, Jetblue with little complaints. The only airline I will not fly with again, ever, Spirit!!!! Our flight was a nightmare and the crew was the worst I've ever dealt with.

Another fan of Jet Blue here. Unfortunately, their closest airport is a 2.5 hour drive away from me.

I just flew United this past weekend. I plan to avoid them in the future. Their computer system lost my reservation. We had to sprint to the plane after spending 1.5 hours trying to check in. In addition, we paid close to $200 per person to get the "good" seats in Economy Plus. Plus baggage fees. No video in seats though - on a 9 hour flight. Next time I'm flying Air Canada/Delta/WestJet.

Price wins so we are going with Delta and hoping for the best! We are actually buying the Alaska Airlines ticket that is on the Delta flight because it is cheaper. I dont understand why, but it works for me! Thanks for all the insight! I am hoping to try Virgin America, but they haven't extended their schedule yet so I couldn't compare prices.

I really enjoy Delta, other than the fact that they still serve peanuts and my son is allergic, so that's a pain in the butt. But I really like ATL as a hub...it's easy to navigate, clean, I like how they have restrooms spaced periodically as well as eateries and such so you don't have to haul across 2 concourses to get from your gate to the bathroom and back.

I think I have flown pretty much all the major lines with my kids and none really impress me. Only one I have had major issues is Northwest (but have not flown them since they merged with Delta). Others are all about the same to me. I would go with whichever is the cheapest and/or has a direct flight oe the most convneient timetable. Depending on how your your kids are, schlepping a ton of stuff (stroller, bags, kids etc) through an airport can be a nightmare (especially if like me you have luck such that our arrival gate and departure gate are the farthest possible!)

Knock on what ever is close, but we have not had any problems (Various carriers). When I was booking our most recent flight, I was using my Visa miles (limited my brand selection - not not down to 1 brand) & wanted non-stop from Baltimore to Seattle. Off hand I don't recall the carrier - we don't fly for 60+ days, so I don't need to know right now - if that makes sense.

Off hand I don't recall the carrier - we don't fly for 60+ days, so I don't need to know right now - if that makes sense.

If you think it may have been UA, you may want to check your itinerary. With the integration of CO and UA's systems, there have been many equipment and schedule changes. This results in many seat changes.

Archived