Oasis question

We are currently booked on a Central Park Balcony on Deck 14. I heard it can be a little noisy. I'm wanting to change to an Oceanview Balcony, but it will cost about $1000.00 total to do it. Final payment has already been made. Should we just stay in the CP balcony? I need to see if the price drops anymore. That's just too much money to spend for an Oceanview balcony. Any opinions?

I could see it being noisy out on the balcony during the day (due to sound from the pool deck one deck up), but at night when you're trying to sleep I don't see why it would be overly noisy.

(Just to be clear, I haven't stayed in a CP balcony but I remember thinking when I was on the Oasis pool deck during the day that some noise would drift down to the CP balconies from the calypso band and pool deck revelers).

Personally I don't think I would spend the extra if noise is your only concern. If the view is critical then it might be worth it. I would bet it's pretty quiet during normal sleeping hours. The only consideration might be if you are a very late sleeper.

We usually stay in ocean view balconies, but while it " seems" more quiet on them because you don't hear music for the pool decks or activities going on in the Park below, as soon as your neighbor clears his throat you realize just how "not really private and quiet" those balconies are:eek:

If its not in your budget or if you can think of better things to spend a grand on, I wouldn't fret over it! Most people who mention noise are talking about what it sounds like while out on your balcony. Everyone I've talked to and our own experience is that once those balcony doors shut its extremely quiet!:D

Thanks for everyone's feedback. We are going to stay in the Central Park Balcony and save the money. We got such a good rate on this cabin, plus with the Crown and Anchor balcony discount it was cheaper. There is so much to enjoy on this ship anyway. :)

Thanks for everyone's feedback. We are going to stay in the Central Park Balcony and save the money. We got such a good rate on this cabin, plus with the Crown and Anchor balcony discount it was cheaper. There is so much to enjoy on this ship anyway. :)

For what this may mean to you .... My niece & her DH had a CP balcony on Oasis earlier this month and were happy with it. :)

If noise is your only concern don't worry about changing.

We had an ocean balcony on The Navigator and it was louder then all get out. We were next to some younger party folks and they partied 24/7.

It wasn't too bad until they were playing loud rap and dance music on their balcony.

They were a fun group and invited us over a few times so they meant no harm... just very loud.

So you could spend the extra grand and still be next to someone who is loud.

I like having the ocean view but because I like to sit out there in the morning with my coffee or just relax while watching the waves. I enjoy spotting dolphins who are chasing the ship or those flying fish. I find the sound of the ocean at night is very soothing and we usually keep our door open. If those kinds of things are important to you then go for the ocean view. If you can do without, save some bucks for fun stuff then do it. There is so much to do on the Oasis.

Archived