sky suites: What Deck?

PSU

I am new to Celebrity. I was wondering what is the best deck for the sky suites on the Slihouette: Resort or Penthouse?

Also are the aft suites better?

We are frequent cruisers on RCI and are thinking of doing a cruise in 2013 to Italy & Croatia. We usually stay in Grand Suites on RC.

I have been reading this Celebrity board and have seen what great information everyone gives, especially Andy.

Thanks so much.

I am new to Celebrity. I was wondering what is the best deck for the sky suites on the Slihouette: Resort or Penthouse?

Also are the aft suites better?

We are frequent cruisers on RCI and are thinking of doing a cruise in 2013 to Italy & Croatia. We usually stay in Grand Suites on RC.

I have been reading this Celebrity board and have seen what great information everyone gives, especially Andy.

Thanks so much.

Hi PSU,

Thank you very much for your compliment. I appreciate it.

Here's my thoughts : One of the few things I do not care for on the Solstice Class ships, is the lack of an Aft Elevator, which means that if you select an Aft Suite, you have a hefty distance to walk from the Mid-Ship elevators. Also, the verandas on the Aft Cabins aren't larger than other Sky Suites. On the plus side, you will have a spectacular view in the Aft cabin. While that's a Major plus, you should weigh it against the long walk. Another item - on the Aft Cabins, we've seen a few reports of smoke from the Aft Bar on Deck 15. It's probably not a major issue, but it's something to consider.

We've stayed in a Category S2 (on Equinox) on Deck 12, in the 2120 area, and thought it was perfect. They are close to the elevators, and right by the Pool. If we were to book a Sky Suite again, that's where I would book.

I hope this is helpful. Have a wonderful Cruise on Silhouette !

Hi PSU,

Thank you very much for your compliment. I appreciate it.

Here's my thoughts : One of the few things I do not care for on the Solstice Class ships, is the lack of an Aft Elevator, which means that if you select an Aft Suite, you have a hefty distance to walk from the Mid-Ship elevators. Also, the verandas on the Aft Cabins aren't larger than other Sky Suites. On the plus side, you will have a spectacular view in the Aft cabin. While that's a Major plus, you should weigh it against the long walk. Another item - on the Aft Cabins, we've seen a few reports of smoke from the Aft Bar on Deck 15. It's probably not a major issue, but it's something to consider.

We've stayed in a Category S2 (on Equinox) on Deck 12, in the 2120 area, and thought it was perfect. They are close to the elevators, and right by the Pool. If we were to book a Sky Suite again, that's where I would book.

I hope this is helpful. Have a wonderful Cruise on Silhouette !

Disregard

On our last cruise were fortunate to be upgraded to a S1 suite, aft corner of deck 12, cabin 2146. As Andy said, it is a mighty long way to the elevators. It was not a problem for us but I could understand it can be for some people. It was especially fun (challenging) on 2 days as the seas were somewhat rough and the long walk was...entertaining LOL.. The cabin was the best I have ever stayed in and worth it in my opinion. A huge balcony wrapping around the side. A fabulous porthole window on the side. It was just great.

Our daughter and her husband had Sky Suite 2124 and it was very nice too. The thing with it was that is was just a bigger normal suite.

One thing about decks 11 and 12. You could hear noise from above. The folks in the Ocean View cafe do drag their chairs on the floor and the sunset bar staff do re-arrange the chairs quite early in the mornings. No big deal for us but I did hear and read a few complaints.

Archived