Future Cruise Credit Family and Friends Vouchers

newzandile

Anyone have any recent experience with these? Do they even exist? I found a quoted policy online but not on carnival's site and I'm not sure it's current but I can't find anything on carnival.com. I want to book a cruise next April with friends and I'm ancy to book because I want a particular type of cabin. I will be cruising in July but definitely don't want to wait that long to get my own FCC. Our friends are planning on booking the same cruise next April but they will be on the Valor next week and are going to get some FCC before they book. Can they purchase friends and family vouchers for us? From what I understand the friends and family vouchers can only be used to book on the same sailing that they booked and they must be used within 60 days. That would mean waiting a little over 2 weeks to book but would also mean $200 in OBC potentially. Definitely worth the wait and risk of losing our first choice cabins BUT not if the policy isn't valid anyway. I know, I can call Carnival but thought I'd check here first.

Thanks for any insight!

When someone purchases a FCC on board, they also receive 2 friends and family vouchers. Whoever you give them to has 2 years to book , and 3 years to sail , from the date of the FCC , and they can book any cruise they like , and will receive OBC>

Edited by TXSAIL

When someone purchases a FCC on board, they also receive 2 friends and family vouchers. Whoever you give them to has 2 years to book , and 3 years to sail , from the date of the FCC , and they can book any cruise they like , and will receive OBC>

I was told that the person you give them too, has to sail on the same cruise that you do and has to book within 2 weeks. Is that no longer the case?

You only get the friends and family vouchers if you actually BOOK the cruise while onboard. If you do you get 2 vouchers that have your same booking # on it. The friends or family have to go on your same cruise.

You do not get them just for purchasing a FCV- you have to book it.

I was told that the person you give them too, has to sail on the same cruise that you do and has to book within 2 weeks. Is that no longer the case?

The Friends and Family Certificate is given to you when you book your next cruise while on a cruise. The person you give it to has to book the same ship and date as you did to get the OBC. I have one in my possession right now that i got last May when i booked.

There is also a Future Cruise Certificate that you buy for $100 while on a cruise that you can use at a later date when you book. This is good if you are undecided as to which ship and when but know you will go within a couple years.

This is on Carnival's FAQ page: *just type in "Loyalty" under FAQs search to pull this up

1st Promotion/Offer

Guests who book will receive an on board credit up to $200.00* per stateroom.

• The guest will also receive two vouchers they can give to Family and Friends to take advantage of the same on board credit given to the host booking.

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise

• $75.00 per stateroom on a 6-day cruise

• $100.00 per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise

• $200.00 per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises

Single occupancy receive half of the on board credit

Terms and Condition for the Voucher

• The voucher will include an issuance date which will be the return date of the current cruise the host traveled on.

• The recipient will have 60 days to book on the same future ship and sail date as the host in order to receive the on board credit. • The guest must complete the original voucher and it should be mailed to the following address via certified or registered mail at the time of booking, in accordance to the option date on the sailing.

Edited by BeccaBecca1713

In January while on the Valor we booked our May cruise (5 day). We recieved $50 OBC and two friends and family vouchers. The vouchers have to be used within 60 days of when you booked and they have to be going on the same cruise you booked. While it seems to be a no brainer because of the free OBC, I will not do it again simply because of the inconvenience. So many things went awry and cause me hours on the phone with CCL....They gave me the two friends and family vouchers on the ship but did not give me my own $50 OBC. When I called about it, I was first told that I shouldn't have gotten 2 F&F certificates and that it was supposed to be $50 for me and 1 for F&F. I knew that wasn't true so I had to argue my point and after being put on hold several times she then told me that I was right and that my $50 obc would show up 4 days before sailing! She said that's when it would be applied. Also, when you book your cruise while onboard a cruise, you lose all ability to manage your cruise from Cruise Manager on CCL. So you can't edit your bed options or see your billing. In essence, it is as if you booked with a Travel Agent. Every time I called to talk about issues with this booking I was told they can't discuss with me and I have to have my TA call...then I'd have to explain that it was not a TA and that I booked while on the Valor. I also couldn't apply for price drops even though I booked ES rate because CCL recognized it is a TA booking and they told me the TA had to apply for the price drop. Anyway after many hours of arguing, it is now all straightened out. They ended up applying my $50 OBC about a week later, the tech dept. straightened my account out so it didn't look like a TA booking, and I sent the F&F in for my friends on this same cruise (although it has not been applied yet). I will not book a cruise while on a cruise ever again because of the incovenience it causes...especially if you are used to managing your cruise, checking and applying for price drops, etc....

In January while on the Valor we booked our May cruise (5 day). We recieved $50 OBC and two friends and family vouchers. The vouchers have to be used within 60 days of when you booked and they have to be going on the same cruise you booked. While it seems to be a no brainer because of the free OBC, I will not do it again simply because of the inconvenience. So many things went awry and cause me hours on the phone with CCL....They gave me the two friends and family vouchers on the ship but did not give me my own $50 OBC. When I called about it, I was first told that I shouldn't have gotten 2 F&F certificates and that it was supposed to be $50 for me and 1 for F&F. I knew that wasn't true so I had to argue my point and after being put on hold several times she then told me that I was right and that my $50 obc would show up 4 days before sailing! She said that's when it would be applied. Also, when you book your cruise while onboard a cruise, you lose all ability to manage your cruise from Cruise Manager on CCL. So you can't edit your bed options or see your billing. In essence, it is as if you booked with a Travel Agent. Every time I called to talk about issues with this booking I was told they can't discuss with me and I have to have my TA call...then I'd have to explain that it was not a TA and that I booked while on the Valor. I also couldn't apply for price drops even though I booked ES rate because CCL recognized it is a TA booking and they told me the TA had to apply for the price drop. Anyway after many hours of arguing, it is now all straightened out. They ended up applying my $50 OBC about a week later, the tech dept. straightened my account out so it didn't look like a TA booking, and I sent the F&F in for my friends on this same cruise (although it has not been applied yet). I will not book a cruise while on a cruise ever again because of the incovenience it causes...especially if you are used to managing your cruise, checking and applying for price drops, etc....

Wow, that's messed up.

Thanks for the info. We were considering booking while onboard next time around. May just rely on the FCC like we normally do.

GP

Anyone have any recent experience with these? Do they even exist? I found a quoted policy online but not on carnival's site and I'm not sure it's current but I can't find anything on carnival.com. I want to book a cruise next April with friends and I'm ancy to book because I want a particular type of cabin. I will be cruising in July but definitely don't want to wait that long to get my own FCC. Our friends are planning on booking the same cruise next April but they will be on the Valor next week and are going to get some FCC before they book. Can they purchase friends and family vouchers for us? From what I understand the friends and family vouchers can only be used to book on the same sailing that they booked and they must be used within 60 days. That would mean waiting a little over 2 weeks to book but would also mean $200 in OBC potentially. Definitely worth the wait and risk of losing our first choice cabins BUT not if the policy isn't valid anyway. I know, I can call Carnival but thought I'd check here first.

Thanks for any insight!

The couple that is getting the FCC's will get them in their hand before getting off the ship, so you can book immediately when they get back.

Remember that you can't use two FCC's in the same cabin.

However, you *can* book with another couple and split couple one (with 2 FCC's) each in a separate cabin and split the other couple so that hubby uses FCC in one cabin and wifey uses FCC in the other cabin and then get everyone back in the right cabin once you get on board. (I.E. put the guys in one cabin, and the gals in the other cabin)

This is very easy to pull off, speaking from experience. :D

GP

Wow, that's messed up.

Thanks for the info. We were considering booking while onboard next time around. May just rely on the FCC like we normally do.

GP

That was our first and LAST time booking a cruise while on a cruise! We'll stick with the FCC. We've used those several times in the past and have never had a problem!

• 2 weeks later...

However, you *can* book with another couple and split couple one (with 2 FCC's) each in a separate cabin and split the other couple so that hubby uses FCC in one cabin and wifey uses FCC in the other cabin and then get everyone back in the right cabin once you get on board. (I.E. put the guys in one cabin, and the gals in the other cabin)

This is very easy to pull off, speaking from experience. :D

GP

Hi GP

I am going to try this myself. Question - does the $100 OBC (7 day cruise) stay assigned to each cabin - so when you switch everybody is good...or does Carnival split the OBC so each person is assigned $50 OBC?. I know it doesn't make a difference but we are also getting $75 OBC from TA for each cabin and just want to make sure everything is aok. Just curious to your experience.

Thanks!

John in NC

• 4 weeks later...
Hi GP

I am going to try this myself. Question - does the $100 OBC (7 day cruise) stay assigned to each cabin - so when you switch everybody is good...or does Carnival split the OBC so each person is assigned $50 OBC?. I know it doesn't make a difference but we are also getting $75 OBC from TA for each cabin and just want to make sure everything is aok. Just curious to your experience.

Thanks!

John in NC

The FCC's will be split between the 2 ppl. IMO it's ridiculous that they can't assign it to the person who booked the cabin.

The person has to actually BOOK onboard.

If they buy the FCCs to bring home then no friends and family vouchers.

this is the link, though it needs to be updated.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

Oh gosh. I have a friends and family voucher but was issued exactly 60 days ago and I am going to mail it in tomorrow certified. I just received it.

Has anyone done this and still been okayed?

:(

dont mail it call it in or use it online. Not sure the online fcc form takes the friends and family vouchers .. but I would NOT mail it in. I would call to get it applied.

We have had just the opposite experience with F & F. The onboard credit was posted immediately and was able to access/manage the cruise from My Cruise as soon as we returned home from the cruise on which we booked this cruise. Have since changed cabins, etc with one easy phone call to Carnival.

dont mail it call it in or use it online. Not sure the online fcc form takes the friends and family vouchers .. but I would NOT mail it in. I would call to get it applied.

Had to certify mail ours in as well - cannot be applied online. Also, the F&F is only good for friends/family to join you on the same cruise you booked on board.

• 3 years later...
Had to certify mail ours in as well - cannot be applied online. Also, the F&F is only good for friends/family to join you on the same cruise you booked on board.

Did you get the friends and family voucher applied even though it was a few days past the 60 days?

You are asking a question on a thread that is 3 years old - I highly doubt you will be getting a response.

I was hoping someone on the board might answer the question that is......has anyone ever had a friends and family voucher approved that was sent in a few days late?.....thank you