Watching the Allure right now

I love seeing that submarine...does anyone know what it's all about? Is it a military sub, or just a retired tourist thing? One time we saw a whole bunch of people in the water in dive gear ( training? ) around it. I've always wondered what the story with it is?

Here is a print screen I took of the submarine from earlier today. Will try and find out as there has been some discussion about it on the webcam FB page

562339_10150637724426693_564756692_9454324_1209212171_n.jpg

Yup...she sets sail at 5pm......with ME on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky you! I was watching the Allure pull away today and really wishing I was onboard. 368 days to wait. (deep sigh);)

yup...requested a web wave..... I"ll wave back at ya!!!!!

I didn't know you could request a wave. I am going to have to figure out how to do that. We will have a group of AZ Cruisers on board with adjoining balconies on the port side. Perfect for a wave!:D

Lucky you! I was watching the Allure pull away today and really wishing I was onboard. 368 days to wait. (deep sigh);)

I didn't know you could request a wave. I am going to have to figure out how to do that. We will have a group of AZ Cruisers on board with adjoining balconies on the port side. Perfect for a wave!:D

I heard you click on " request a wave" or something similar on the cam site...but after you get home you can look at your cruise in the "archive". I was amazed how close up they really get...I recognized some folks from our roll call!

Yup...she sets sail at 5pm......with ME on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great,I wonder if I saw you! I still enjoy watching. It can be a good idea to turn the sound up on the website occasionally radio chatter in the port will have something of interest to the viewer.

I heard you click on " request a wave" or something similar on the cam site...but after you get home you can look at your cruise in the "archive". I was amazed how close up they really get...I recognized some folks from our roll call!

Same for us, I also mentioned it to them on their facebook page and had a nice link to the video when I got home the next week. I liked it so much I bought the photo from their website.

Below is my wife and I on the very corner trying to figure out where the web came is. (later I found this out on their website)

sailaway.jpg

While I was watchng them come in yesterday (it was 10am UK time) there was some radio chatter, one of them was an announcement from the Navy that there were some exercises going on (I heard Dania mentioned) and for regular shipping to be aware, not sure if anyone else heard this.

Here is a print screen I took of the submarine from earlier today. Will try and find out as there has been some discussion about it on the webcam FB page

There was a sub and an aircraft carrier that left the day we were on Allure (5/11/11) Part of some fleet week festivities that week. I remember getting a hotel room that weekend was tough, even 5 months ahead.

I hate to break the bad news to you.... but its actually 398 days :eek: :eek: :eek:

Below is my wife and I on the very corner trying to figure out where the web came is. (later I found this out on their website)

That is so cool! It seems you needed to look to your right! haha

This time, I'll know for sure, current plans are to be in the same spot.

We're planning to be on our balcony, luckily it's port side.

Gonna strap an Aussie flag and get everyone back at home to wake up early and watch haha

We're planning to be on our balcony, luckily it's port side.

Gonna strap an Aussie flag and get everyone back at home to wake up early and watch haha

Sounds like a good plan, I remember seeing some Brits on their balcony with their flag, I've seen your flag as well on occasion along with a Frequent Canadian one.

I hate to break the bad news to you.... but its actually 398 days :eek: :eek: :eek:

Darn! :(

I "talked" to the people who run the webcam on FB. They gave me a link to a form to fill out a few months before the cruise. I need to tell them exactly where we will be (cabin number if we are on our balcony) and any identifying feature (banner, etc). Since we will be with the Arizona Cruisers I figure we can make up a banner and bring an Arizona flag. We all have balconies on Deck 8 on the port side. Laura & I have adjoining extended balconies so we can fit everyone on it and give a great big wave!:D

David & Lou (webcam owners/operators) do a great job.

Lots of great flag and banner waves yesterday. Liberty of the Seas sails today at 4:30 so will be watching :)

Darn! :(

I "talked" to the people who run the webcam on FB. They gave me a link to a form to fill out a few months before the cruise. I need to tell them exactly where we will be (cabin number if we are on our balcony) and any identifying feature (banner, etc). Since we will be with the Arizona Cruisers I figure we can make up a banner and bring an Arizona flag. We all have balconies on Deck 8 on the port side. Laura & I have adjoining extended balconies so we can fit everyone on it and give a great big wave!:D

Hmm, while I haven't picked my cabin yet, I might have to bring a Buckeye or Ohio flag now. Our state flag is a pendant style so it would be easy to carry.

Hmm, while I haven't picked my cabin yet, I might have to bring a Buckeye or Ohio flag now. Our state flag is a pendant style so it would be easy to carry.

They'll be charging more for those port side cabins soon with the popularity of the webcam out of Port Everglades lol :)

They'll be charging more for those port side cabins soon with the popularity of the webcam out of Port Everglades lol :)

I could actually see that happening. I had a starboard cabin on our first trip, this was good as we faced the port in St Thomas and I guess in St Maarten both sides face different sides of the port, I think we backed in there. In Nassau we were facing away from the port, but we had a nice view of the barrier island on that side with some nice homes.

Same for us, I also mentioned it to them on their facebook page and had a nice link to the video when I got home the next week. I liked it so much I bought the photo from their website.

sailaway.jpg

Funny, Bill, everyone else is partying and you guys look like your studying for a physics exam:p;) That would be me for sure! See what I mean abut close up tho! Wow!

BTW - we were just in Boston Saturday and didn't see too many Buckeye fans compared to Orange men around town...but it didn't seem to affect the outcome;-)

Archived