Liberty of the Seas

OK same question as asked by many others..anyone recently sailed liberty of the seas and had balcony dividers opened? I ask because we can do balcony/ov but for only $200 more we can get 2 balconies. Rather pay the additional 200 and be midship as opposed to forward but not if we can't utilize both balconies (kids to young to be on balcony unsupervised). I asked via chat and this is the response I got from RCCL:

Unfortunately, you will not find out until onboard. Not all adjoining staterooms have adjoining balconies likewise should the partition be able to be removed is contingent on the storage space available onboard...

What does storage space have to do with removing the dividers since they only slide into the structure? Also I thought all connecting cabins had connecting balconies on the freedom class midship. Please any information is appreciated.

Also notice the RCCL rep used "adjoining staterooms" not connecting (with the door inbetween cabins)

I wouldn't spend an extra $200 for a balcony that the kids are too young to use....they can share yours if and when they want to...and most kids don't really use a balcony...they're busy elsewhere!

It's totally up to the Captain whether ANY dividers are opened.....not all dividers "slide" like Oasis/Allure's dividers were designed to do....some have to physically be removed.

I just got off Liberty this morning. We had a balcony well forward on Deck eight, only a few cabins from the bridge.

The balcony separators can be opened because when we were also on Liberty two weeks ago, we lingered in our room the last morning and a crew member came along and opened EVERY balcony separator so he could clean the balconies. It was cool to see the entire floor from one end to the other of the ship.

I've never asked to open balcony separators but have been told that you just need to ask your room steward. He has the key to open the slider. If the captain has said no because of a situation such as high winds, then you can't get the sliders opened.

Thanks for the replies..guess we are going to do the balcony/ov combo because I called and spoke with someone at RCCL and she was very helpful. She told me it was up to the steward, captain and the individual ships (which we all knew already) and she put me on hold to ask if the dividers on Liberty slid or hinged and when she came back she told me "I just got some very informative information, a new maritime law was just passed that NO balcony dividers, on any ship, on any cruise line can be opened now". Not sure if this is true, but if this is the story they are telling now I'm not going to take my chances.

We just got off Liberty on March 12 and we had Cabins 1604 and 1608 on Deck 10 (they are right next to each other ... in spite of the jump from 04 to 08!) .

We just asked our cabin steward and she went and got the special key needed and slid it open .. no problem there! Was great having a big double balcony to share with the in-laws !

Archived