pool chairs saved?

thefog

Caviargirl, what was RC's policy on this? What was the time limit and what did they ask you (if anything) to tell the people who possibly would come back to claim the chairs?

I am going to write Carnival a letter about this and ask that they take this more seriously. Personally, I do not have a problem with turning a chair hogger's things into lost and found, but I know a lot of people just can't bring themselves to do it.

Maybe if we write letters or fill out enough comment cards on board, someone will notice. ???

Wishful thinking, maybe.

• 4 months later...
Laff. . .bring on the chair saving!

I'm the guy who will happily walk by a line of semi-occupied, saved chairs, stop, gently brush all offending saving-items off the chair onto the ground, and then repo the chair with a smile!

Hey, I'm from NYC - if you chair save with reckless abandon, I wil repo with equal and opposite force, and with a smile, to boot!

See ya May 1st on the Miracle!

Oh I can't wait!! I'll be walking on the Lido deck that first day with a HUGE chip on my shoulder. Come on ... bring it on!

I absolutely hate that selfish behavior in people...you can't get away from it, but it still p***es me off each and every time.

:mad:

Celebration August 27th sailing.............

After reading all about the "chair hogs" on this board, I expected to never to be able to find a chair.......WRONG..........there were plenty of chairs. In fact there were stacks on both ends of the ship. Two stacks under the slide at the forward pool and two stacks on each side at the aft pool.

All week we had no problem getting chairs no matter what time of day it was!!

dondonma

The no saving chair policy also gives rude people a chance to take advantage . We were on a cruise and were sitting by a man who's wife went to use the bathroom. A woman and her Daughter came over and quickly sat in the woman's chair that had just left . The man told her that it was his wife's chair. The woman started screaming at him "You Can't save chairs". The Man explained his Wife had gone to use the bathroom, but this rude Woman would not budge.It was really a bad situation. We also saw this same Woman and daughter several times throughout the cruise doing the same thing at the Show's. It is sad when you can't even go to the bathroom before someone decides to take your chair. I still say the early bird catches the worm,I also think common sense and manners go a long way.

Teri

It is one thing to take a chair when a real live person is there tending to it. That woman was most definitely a social misfit, too bad, but a cruise is a small city and you will run into all kinds of people.

I certainly would not hesitate, if I found some chair unattended for a while, to toss the contents on them aside and use the chairs. But how can you tell if the occupants are not in the pool or in the bathroom, but by watching it for a while? For how long? 20 minutes is probably too generous.

I'm sure there are lots of people who want to keep their chairs while they go back to the room to get out of the sun, or go to do some activity away from the pool... or even go off to eat at a table. Those folks should lose their place by the pool, no question about it. I wish more people were "rude" enough to toss stuff off unattended chairs. If you move the chair a bit, they won't know who did it, anyway! :cool:

Dude. I am ***SO*** picking up other peoples' stuff and turning it in to lost and found.

I'll just leave hubby there to "guard my chair" while I'm gone. If anyone comes up and asks if he's seen some stuff, he can just say, "Huh. Um, maybe you should check lost and found, or something."

I can be one cantankerous person when confronted with rude idiots.

PS: yay, extra beach towels!

Ok I am new at all of this but personaly people who are so selfish deserve to come back to NO chair. And to have to organize your day around a selfish person is obserd not even heard of.

I will not hesitate to remove anyones belongings from any chair ..... If there is a sign posted and rules outlined and people refuse to obide by them well I don't have a problem helping with a "first hand learning experiance".

I can understand going to the bathroom and if there is someone saving your seat while you go to get a drink or use the head thats legal in my book.

The second I see someone's entire extened faimly get up to go catch a nap or eat at one of the resturants and is gone for 30+minutes (this is generous) I will be the first to grab all of thier stuff and turn it in.

Then again this is my personal opinion and you can challenge me on my morals but thats how they stand.

I don't usually respond to chairhog threads, but here is my solution:

I'm usually up on the Lido deck at 6 and watch the drama unflold.

When someone comes up with an armfull of towels and deposits them on a row of chairs, I remove the second, third, fifth and seventh of them.

Around 10 o'clock the fun begins!

The funniest (and rudest) thing I've ever seen when it comes to chair saving happened on an Alaskan cruise last year. We were scheduled to sail through Tracy Arm between 6am and 11am. The night before, my friend and I scoped out the perfect spot to view the scenery on the back of the ship. Seeing that there were only about twenty loungers in this section, we decided to get up an hour early to make sure we secured two of them. At 5am the next morning, we came out expecting to be the first people there, but a woman and her two children had beaten us to it. They apparently had been there for sometime because they were sleeping all wrapped in blankets with pillows from the cabin. We wouldn't have thought anything of it except that each of them were sitting on a lounger stacked on top of 3 more loungers, essentially occupying 12 chairs between the 3 of them. They looked like they were playing King of the Mountain sitting upon their little stacks!

So with 12 chairs saved, you would think that the rest in their party would at least have the courtesy to eventually show up and use them. Nope! Ocassionally, someone would come and checkin with them for a few minutes and then wonder off, apparently more content to roam about the ship then use the chairs that were so creatively saved for them.

Now you would think that this rude woman would eventually realize that the others in her party were not interested in her chairs and maybe consider releasing some for others to use. Nope!

She seemed to think nothing of sitting upon her little mountaintop as people walked by giving her dirty looks and making sarcastic comments. Watching people's reaction to this was almost more fun than the Alaskan scenery! Nobody had the guts to confront her directly, but some of the snide comments were hilarious!

I felt sorry for the two young children who looked bored out of their mind being made to just sit there for 5 hours. She wouldn't let them move for fear of losing their precious stacks of chairs!

That has got to be the dumbest, most assanine thing I have ever heard about chair saving......the day I would give up my comfortable bed on a cruise ship to go out on deck and sleep is the day....well you get the picture. I am floored, absolutely floored. What a FREAK!!!!!!!!!

I can comfortably say that I would enjoy beating on a chair hog. If you want to pay my way to go on your cruise and make sure that you have a lounge chair available, please let me know. I will gladly smack the crap out of a chair hog.:D

For the chair-stacking hog, the best treatment I could imagine would be to recruit a few other people to bring chairs from elsewhere, and sandwich the offender closely between people on either side of her. If she moves, move with her. She'd be moving 12 chairs and everyone else would be moving only one. She'd get run off the deck in short order. Ah, justice!

I'm thinking of bringing some pre-printed note cards and some clear plastic bags. The notes will say something like this: "Hello, these objects were left unattended for more than 30 minutes. For your convenience and to protect your items they have been placed in this plastic bag. Enjoy your cruise." And then putting the items into the bag and turning them over to a staff member for safe keeping.

If someone comes up to the chair looking for them I'll simply tell them that they should check with a staff member.

When I leave a chair I will do the opposite. I will put a note on the chair, that I am temporarily away (pool, drink, restroom etc...) but will return shortly. I will then put the time that I left on the note and explain that if I am gone for more than 30 minutes that the person wanting the chair should feel free to move my items.

Does this all sound too anal?

Yup. Anal.

I can comfortably say that I would enjoy beating on a chair hog. If you want to pay my way to go on your cruise and make sure that you have a lounge chair available, please let me know. I will gladly smack the crap out of a chair hog.:D

LMAO!!!!! hehe

I have never been on a cruise before, but I am salivating at the chance to remove someones stuff from a saved deck chair and sit in it. And that is exactly what I am going to do.

Let's see what happens! I say BRING IT ON, BABY!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to say....Kenny Chesney lover here too. Aren't you glad he got rid of that b....... well that girl!!

[threadjack] I knew it wouldn't last. He flew home to St. John's and got married the night after I saw him in concert in Miami back in May. He knows I am the only woman for him. He can serenade me all night long on his island estate.

From what I understand, they didn't even consumate their marriage. If it were me, I would have locked him in a closet and been consumating right after the I DO'S[\threadjack]

Just wanted to say....Kenny Chesney lover here too. Aren't you glad he got rid of that b....... well that girl!!

No showers, No Drink service and No Wind. There is a Tarp that surrounds the deck so the Wind is block.
On the last Carnival cruise we were on, it was very windy on the topless deck, and the tarp did little to block the wind. A small hose mounted hand sprayer was available and there was limited drink service. So, apparently, "your mileage may vary".

On that cruise a large bunch of non participants were using most of the chairs in the topless area, and weren't even taking off their bathing suit cover-ups - which then put a damper on the intended use of that area by others.

• 3 months later...

Now I am all for beating a chair saver with in an inch of thier life, but lets start some real trouble!!!

Ok so you have chair saving group #1 and about 3-4 chairs saved in a row. With personal belongings etc. On one side of the pool ....and on the other side....

You have chair saving group #2 and about 3-4 chairs saved in a row on that side. Now I think you can see how this plays out. You move swiftly and organize group #1's stuff where group #2's stuff is and vice versa!! Now these unlucky b@astards come back head scratching and wondering whos crap is on their chiars!!! I think this will work out nicely and im going to execute said plan April 1st on Glory I promise you. So if you are a chiar saver and are on Glory on the 1st just be advised.

OH this should be good. :D

Archived