Status of mini-suite furniture

Dena

On those ships with the new furniture, that is, 2 chairs, 2 footrests, and a table can anyone tell me:

Is the table as high and large as before?

Do the chairs still recline?

Are the chairs as comfortable as before?

Is there still a blue floor mat?

On those ships with the new furniture, that is, 2 chairs, 2 footrests, and a table can anyone tell me:

Is the table as high and large as before?

Do the chairs still recline?

Are the chairs as comfortable as before?

Is there still a blue floor mat?

....AND

If you book the cabin as a triple or a quad and ask for additional seating, is the answer:

a) Absolutely, you're entitled to the same number of chairs as you have passengers;

b) I'll see what I can do. You can have an extra if one is available; or

c) Can't do it. Each cabin is entitled to two and only two chairs.

I can't seem to choke this answer out of Princess no matter how I try.

We were in a mini on the Coral in January and the furniture was changed mid-cruise.

1. Yes, but it is solid surface and not open weave as the old table.

2. Yes, same as the old chairs.

3. The new chairs are a bit narrower than the old chairs. Being new, they are also more taught. I found them comfortable with firmer back support than the old chairs. The footrests were comfortable and both chair and stool are similar to what I have at home. Having bad knees, I still needed some pillow support under the knee.

4. The blue mat was not changed or removed at that time. Can't say if anything changed since then.

The old furniture was really in need of replacement. It looked worn, dirty and uninviting. I have no issues with the choice of new furniture BUT, I firmly believe that there should be four chairs on the deck. A mini-suite can always sleep 3 (sofa) and sometimes 4. Why should one person be assigned a foot stool? In addition, I fully agree that the Caribe deck should have 4 chairs and a full size table.

Hope that helps.

Just off the Island. Mini suite had reclining but narrow. Two chairs, two foot rests. I did not find them comfortable but DH was happy. The table was reasonable and there was the blue mat. I did look at a regular balcony and they did not have reclining chairs.

Here is a picture of the table and you can sort of see the chairs on the side from our Dolphin mini suite on the Star last month. We were comfortable in the chairs, but I believe that others have found them too stiff. The blue mat is in place and the table is still a decent height. One drawback we found about the chairs is that they didn't breathe, so we thought they were a little hotter than the old ones, and you also needed to tilt them after it rained to drain the water as it just seemed to pool on them. We didn't attempt to ask for additional chairs, although for a sailaway party that we had with two other couples, we used the footstools as chairs.

IMG_6493.jpg.0b7de924a51d7c91122b70a5c175d0f8.jpg

Archived