CaveTubing - what do you wear?

I'manewbie

As my name implies...I'manewbie. My family and I (husband,wife,21yo son and 14 yo son) will be on the Star next week - so excited!! We have a cavetubing excursion with VIV lined up in Belize. I assume we'll wear bathing suits - do I wear my cover up for the hike? And if so, what do I do with it when I go into the river? Do I leave my backpack somewhere? Is it safe? So many questions - someone please help this newbie!!

Some people wear swim suits, some wear shorts and tees. If you wear a cover up or carry a backpack you will either have to leave them on the bus or take them down the river with you. Be sure to wear water shoes or old sneakers. Whatever you leave on the bus will be secure. It is a great experience. We have done it several times.

Dry fit clothing works well for us. We have done this 5 times. The shoes are really the focus point because the walk is over rough clay,rock, roots that have been traveled by thousaands of human feet every week. we use Yhony Rosado @cavetubing.com and are very pleased, happy and well cared for each time. The terminal #1 pharmacy in Belize was $7 per 30 tablets less expensive than Cozumel & $80 less than florida.. The liquor pricing was less in Cozumel for rum & tequila than in Belize & Cayman. BELIZE: We tendered to Belize and the tenders drop you off @ terminal 1. The exit to the street is directly past the restrooms, pharmacy & tanzanite international. The outside is marked by two uniformed officials and the automatic double doors to the outside. The independent tour guides are located outside these double sliding doors. Exiting thru these doors is easy to return Simply show the guard your cruise card to get back inside the terminal 1. Outside terminal 1 Y. Rosada from cavetubing.com met our now group of 16 tubers. The charter bus ride and the genius of these guys made the 30 mile trip to the caves branch district go by quickly. There is only one Sibun river area for tubing so all the excursions park & pass thru the same gate and walk the same trail. The main difference is the staff, the tube, the equipment and the distance that you float in the cave system. This is our 5th time with cavetubing.com. Last year we did the combination tube & atv with Yhony. In our 5 trips we have Never missed the ship nor have we been robbed or ever lost any items due to theft. The bus driver stays in the bus with the items the entire time. A great idea is that You pay for the excursion after theexcursions, lunch and during the ride back to the Terminal 1. The Guide stated that “I like the idea of enjoy us first just like in American restaurant and pay us after you are very Happy.” I will post pictures later. The tubing walk has three river entrance places. Be sure to go to the end which is all the way to the end of the 3 cave run and the water was just a perfect 74 degrees. The big yellow floats with rope attachments were great for someone my size 320 lbs. making it an enjoyable float easily down the entire run. One mile from the tubing park is Yhony’s ATV facility and convenience area with showers, restrooms and the white meat chicken tamale wrapped in the banana leaf & foil was excellent as was the $3 Beliken beer & rum runners. The many sample bottles of hot sauce made me “Belize” it was really hot sauce. Additional food was excellent since the hot sauce had gotten the fire started. The carved Mahogany items that are being sold by the local teens outside the terminal 1 doors were a good buy @$13 ea. I went inside and back out to the outside street several times to purchase additional items for my group members who simply wanted what I had just purchased.eview from carnival Liberty March 10, 2012. quote=I'manewbie;33101169]As my name implies...I'manewbie. My family and I (husband,wife,21yo son and 14 yo son) will be on the Star next week - so excited!! We have a cavetubing excursion with VIV lined up in Belize. I assume we'll wear bathing suits - do I wear my cover up for the hike? And if so, what do I do with it when I go into the river? Do I leave my backpack somewhere? Is it safe? So many questions - someone please help this newbie!!

• 5 weeks later...

the last time I went cave tubing, i wore my swim suit with a pair of wind shorts over it. I too wasn't thrilled about my bathing suit butt hanging out on the hike. LOL We are going again in November, I'm thinking about buying a swimsuit with shorts bottoms like mens swim trunks.

the last time I went cave tubing, i wore my swim suit with a pair of wind shorts over it. I too wasn't thrilled about my bathing suit butt hanging out on the hike. LOL We are going again in November, I'm thinking about buying a swimsuit with shorts bottoms like mens swim trunks.

That's exactly what I took...the bathing suit with the shorts bottoms and it worked out well. Everyone that was in our group all just had their bathing suits on and left any cover ups on the bus.

Only take what you expect to get wet. :D

We did the cavetubing in Dec ,2011. As someone said the shoes are very important. Very rough terrain you'll be walking over. I also did the shorts over my suit, left the coverup in the van. Also remember bug spray- you will be in a jungle.

Archived