Crystal blocks...????

I was pleasantly suprised when I went to Loyalty Ambassador while onboard the Explorer last year to book my open "NextCruise reservation. When I told her my name, she presented me w/crystal block of the Explorer!

I was not even aware that this was something that was even an option, I am D+ but not really sure what the bench mark was to receive this momento...:cool:

Footnote #4 on the Member's Benefit's Page.........

"A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter".

However, on your 700 cruise points, a very different crystal will be presented! Ours crystal says 100 cruises, but I'm sure that RCL has changed the wording now to something about becoming Pinnacle!

Also, if Royal Caribbean has messed up......and you were not given a block when you deserved it, C&A will, upon understanding their mistake, send you the correct block of the ship that you achieved that status.

We just experienced this on our next to our last cruise, where we should have received a block, but did not.

And speaking of all of this, Royal Caribbean is no longer allowing anyone that has reached 700 points (100 cruises) to get their free cruise on the Oasis class, and making their top cruisers more dissatisfied as time goes along. It's pretty sad, and I have only the top management to blame.

The top cruisers are truly the ambassadors of this cruise line, having received many of the blocks that are being discussed. We love seeing fellow cruisers get to D+, and then Pinnacle!:)

Fleetwide...........there are still less than 200 members of the Pinnacle Club.

Rick

We were on the Liberty the last week of Feb. During that cruise we reached 140 days. I asked the loyalty ambassador if they were stilll giving out the blocks for 140 milestone, she said she would find out and a few days later it appeared in our room. It is very nice, large crystal block with Liberty of the Seas engraved inside.

I really wanted this, our 140 days came the hard way over 8 years. :D

The "new" Oregon office?? I didn't know they had more than 1 in Oregon. The one I know of has been around several years.

To me it is new because I've always only talked to the folks in Wichita.

However, on your 700 cruise points, a very different crystal will be presented! Ours crystal says 100 cruises, but I'm sure that RCL has changed the wording now to something about becoming Pinnacle!

Rick

I hope that they changed the wording because now with points you don't have to have 100 cruises to be a PC Member.:D

i just got off the phone with Edgar from the Crown and Anchor and he tells me that you need to be a Pinacle member to get a crystal block and the folks on Cruise Critic say once you hit 140 points and then every 70 points after...i don't know who to believe but i am having my wife check her point total since she has been with RCCL 2 more cruises then me...in only have 126 points...let's see how many she has...she's checking on it right now...stay tuned...our last cruise was on the Liberty last March...

We got our first blocke on Serenade in January when we hit 140 nights.

And speaking of all of this, Royal Caribbean is no longer allowing anyone that has reached 700 points (100 cruises) to get their free cruise on the Oasis class, and making their top cruisers more dissatisfied as time goes along. It's pretty sad, and I have only the top management to blame.

The top cruisers are truly the ambassadors of this cruise line, having received many of the blocks that are being discussed. We love seeing fellow cruisers get to D+, and then Pinnacle!:)

Fleetwide...........there are still less than 200 members of the Pinnacle Club.

Rick

Hi Rick

You know sometimes I think RCCL is the most disfunctional company when it comes to public relations and changes I have ever seen. I love their ships, but the things they do sometimes just makes me shake my head more and more.........

by the way, thanks for the info on the Golden Princess.......we leave in less than 2 weeks.........we shall see.........looking forward to at least giving it a try.

Hi Rick

You know sometimes I think RCCL is the most disfunctional company when it comes to public relations and changes I have ever seen. I love their ships, but the things they do sometimes just makes me shake my head more and more.........

by the way, thanks for the info on the Golden Princess.......we leave in less than 2 weeks.........we shall see.........looking forward to at least giving it a try.

There are many Loyal to Princess fans out there, and Princess trys to keep many of it's past guests satisfied. One way is that they bring a ship to the West Coast for a few months a year, just to give the West Coasters a chance to cruise the Mexican Riviera, and be on a ship without flying across the country.

Now that Disney is leaving San Pedro for good, the only lines left are Carnival and part time Princess. RCL makes good money doing both the Panama Canal and Hawaii runs, so it would not hurt them to throw in a 60 to 90 day segment of the old Mexican Riviera run, and a couple of runs up the west coast to Seattle and Victoria.

Let us know how you like Princess?;)

Rick

this weekend the wife and i will sit down and write out all of our RCCL trips and compare it against the website for the crown and anchor and if there are any missed cruises on the website i will be calling them...i can honestly say that they have us listed as being on the song of america back in 1994...we have never sailed the song of america...but we have also sailed the adventure of the sea's 3 times and they have us on being on her her 1 time...there is something wrong here...we'll get to the bottom of it this weekend...

In the past – I had no idea these blocks were such a sought after commodity. I was given a block for some milestone sailing, and I had that ship block already, so I simply gave it back to the LA. Now I guess I could have kept it and traded ( on cc or some other site) for some other ships I’ve sailed. Live and learn.

M

Archived