Crystal blocks...????

Did i miss something...i knew it was dark under that rock that i have been sleeping under...BUT WHAT ARE THESE CRYSTAL BLOCKS THAT CROWN AND ANCHOR MEMEBERS ARE GUSHING ABOUT...my wife and i are dimamond members with RCCL...WHAT'S THE STORY ABOUT THESE Crystal Blocks...and how do you get them...the last i check our acct we each had 126 points...can someone bring me into the light and tell me about them...

Did i miss something...i knew it was dark under that rock that i have been sleeping under...BUT WHAT ARE THESE CRYSTAL BLOCKS THAT CROWN AND ANCHOR MEMEBERS ARE GUSHING ABOUT...my wife and i are dimamond members with RCCL...WHAT'S THE STORY ABOUT THESE Crystal Blocks...and how do you get them...the last i check our acct we each had 126 points...can someone bring me into the light and tell me about them...

We got our for our 20th. cruise. Now its every 140 points. We did not know anything about them and someone in the diamond lounge brought theirs in and was showing it. When we got home I called RCI and they sent us our 1st. one. They are truly beautiful and I treasure our 2.

Jan

quote from RCI FAQ: "We will continue to hand out crystal ship blocks to our guests beginning on at your 140th Cruise Points and every other 70th Cruise Point afterward." search: crystal block

We got one on our last cruise in October on the Jewel of the Seas.........it was a crystal block of the Explorer of the Seas:D......but it is nice and appreciated it.

i just got off the phone with Edgar from the Crown and Anchor and he tells me that you need to be a Pinacle member to get a crystal block and the folks on Cruise Critic say once you hit 140 points and then every 70 points after...i don't know who to believe but i am having my wife check her point total since she has been with RCCL 2 more cruises then me...in only have 126 points...let's see how many she has...she's checking on it right now...stay tuned...our last cruise was on the Liberty last March...

We got one on our last cruise in October on the Jewel of the Seas.........it was a crystal block of the Explorer of the Seas:D......but it is nice and appreciated it.

Wow, that's the first I've heard of a block being given of a ship other than the one you were on. Interesting.

i just got off the phone with Edgar from the Crown and Anchor and he tells me that you need to be a Pinacle member to get a crystal block and the folks on Cruise Critic say once you hit 140 points and then every 70 points after...i don't know who to believe but i am having my wife check her point total since she has been with RCCL 2 more cruises then me...in only have 126 points...let's see how many she has...she's checking on it right now...stay tuned...our last cruise was on the Liberty last March...

Royal really has some training to do with their phone reps. A simple "I don't know, I'll find out" rather than saying something misleading would be much more helpful.

Edgar must have been asleep in the training class on Crystal Blocks. Believe the folks here on CC. We've gotten several and are looking forward to another one in about 10 cruise points.

when my wife brought up her crown and anchor points it has her listed for the same as mine at 126...which we know can not be right since she has been on at least 3 more then me...1 4 days cruise and 2 seven day cruises...we will have to go back thru all of her cruise scrap books and write them down and make copies her her crusie pass contracts and reservation numbers and send them into the crown and anchor but try to stay away from Mr Edgar...the crystal block would be nice but i'm not going to go crazzzzy over it...

Wow, that's the first I've heard of a block being given of a ship other than the one you were on. Interesting.

Somehow...........I have come to kinda expect that;):D

Sounds like Edgar is from the new Oregon Office where they are all still in training.:p

when my wife brought up her crown and anchor points it has her listed for the same as mine at 126...which we know can not be right since she has been on at least 3 more then me...1 4 days cruise and 2 seven day cruises...we will have to go back thru all of her cruise scrap books and write them down and make copies her her crusie pass contracts and reservation numbers and send them into the crown and anchor but try to stay away from Mr Edgar...the crystal block would be nice but i'm not going to go crazzzzy over it...
You will have the same amount of points as your wife :D My hubby has about 5 less cruises then me but we both hold the same amount of points.

On the Allue were gonna hit 213 so we get our first block! We missed the other in the conversion of points :(

BonVoyage

Dawna

I spoke to John at C&A and he said you get one starting at 50 pts...

I'm just a lowly platinum (34pts) and he was telling me how close I was and that if I upgraded on my next (already booked) cruise, I could get double points for a suite. Hmmmm, trying to upsell me on an inquiry call...

Footnote #4 on the Member's Benefit's Page.........

"A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter".

Correct and right off of Royals Member Benefit page :D

I'm just a lowly platinum (34pts) and he was telling me how close I was and that if I upgraded on my next (already booked) cruise, I could get double points for a suite. Hmmmm, trying to upsell me on an inquiry call...

John's wrong :(

BonVoyage

Dawna

Guess John is still in training too:p

We tried to get a "new" one rather than the second or third of the same ship and got told "NO - no way". Anyone want to trade a Vision for Freedom, Jewel, Adventure, Oasis, Mariner, or Rhapsody? I think that's all we have sailed that we don't have a brick. Also have a duplicate Voyager. We did manage to trade an extra Splendour for ..... I forgot. :o It's just too hard to "schedule" around a brick and really, not very practical.

As is Wichita:)

They have a new C&A office in Oregon now so when you call you never know what part of the country you are connected to.

Looks like Edgar and John were in the same training class!:(

Sounds like Edgar is from the new Oregon Office where they are all still in training.:p

The "new" Oregon office?? I didn't know they had more than 1 in Oregon. The one I know of has been around several years.

Archived