Cococay AND Labadee

BigKeith

Sweet! What cruise and ship is that? I've never noticed it on an eastern. That sounds like a great sailing.

We did an Eastern on Liberty a couple of years ago that had two days at sea, St. Maarten, San Juan, and Labadee with a day at sea at the end. That was probably our best cruise ever. Including Labadee with the Eastern ports made it perfect!

Hi Jill! We snorkled in Coco Cay and had a blast! So yes. The snorkling is great.

We decided not to take our off snorkle gear and just paid to use theirs. The toughest think was walking out in the water to snorkle. Once you got out there it is fun. My DS who was 11 last summer, it was his 1st time to EVER snorkle. It was tough for him to walk out in the water in his flippers-me too for that matter. We have great memories of swimming right in the middle of a school of yellow fish. They thought we had food. We saw the sunken airplane and something else? There is a life guard out there and a platform to sit on a take a break.

One painful thing was that our swimsuits rubbed on my son's inner theigh and it HURTS! Later in the week, It happened to me too. It burns. If anyone knows how to avoid that, I would love to know because we headed back to the ship because of the pain. Saltwater doesn not feel good on raw skin.

thank you lrn!!! do they have life vests to rent? i always get exhausted when i snorkle, not as young as i used to be and i try to keep up with my DS.:) glad they have a lifeguard and somewhere to rest.... i love to snorkle but at our other ports, we are doing tours and dont think we will have time to snorkle so i was hoping coco cay would be good.... gotta put the underwater camera on my list!! thanks again!

Sweet! What cruise and ship is that? I've never noticed it on an eastern. That sounds like a great sailing.

We just completed that itinerary on the Navigator of the Seas, on a special 9 night cruise, just before Tom Joiner chartered the entire ship for a private cruise. We will be doing something similar this December on the Brilliance of the Seas out of San Juan.:);)

Rick

8 night cruise on Independence leaving out of Ft Lauderdale. I think they sail twice in Dec 2012 and once in Jan 2013.

Just came back from RCI stopping at Labadee. I must say that it's just a beach stop. We had our own snorkel gear but there wasn't any fish (just the stray one or 2 minnows). Might be due to the weather (cloudy) but there was no reefs for the fish to go to. I guess it's much more of a shopping stop (nice shops around the private area). People didn't hassel me or my family like some other posters mentioned but I did hear some salesmen yelling out "sales" to draw in clients. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
not to my knowledge. Although, i'm tracking with you...i'd be all over a cruise that did include them both. We have done both and love both. Unforunately, we may not go back to labadee for sometime as we are not huge fans of the common mexico and grand cayman stops on western itineraries and they only inc. It on the west sailings.

From a logistical standpoint it would be tough and require the ship to carry a greater load of food/supplies since they have to offload/tender all that stuff onto the beach at each of the private islands and serve the lunch buffet.

we are on independence of the seas we doing 3 cruises b2b THE LAST TRIP on 5th dec leaving ft lauderdale. Rtn 16th dec both ports on there:d

we are on an eastern caribbean cruise that does include a stop at labadee. Our other stops are st maarten, st kitts, and san juan.

check out independence of the seas crusing out ft lauderdale on 5th dec 2011 rtns 16th dec doing cococay 1st port 6thdec and labadee 15th dec thats where we will be :d

Archived