LIVE fron the APRIL 1st CARIBBEAN PRINCESS- PICS and REVIEW

MDSue

Ok- we watched her depart the Pan Am pier from my balcony. We went to the front of the hotel after she disappeared from sight and went to see if she would sail by on the ocean side- and right on clockwork about 45 minutes later- she just headed out to sea.

So the best I can tell the CB is on a trial run and she's looking good! Seemed to be moving a a good clip!

Talk about excited! woo hoo!

Took a pic- but it's blurry- will post soon

You have no idea how happy I am that you guys are watching the ship!!! We were booked on the March 25th sailing and rebooked on the April 8th and have been nervous that it wasn't going to sail. I'm a TA and I want to go on this ship so so bad!!!! Thank you MDSue for everything your doing for ALL of us!!!!

You'll have to forgive the blurriness of the first pic, but in my haste to get the picture- I had the settings all wrong. The second picture that is further out is better

I just came back inside from watching (11p.m) and I can still barely see her in the distance.

The reason I stayed at the Conrad is because a few years back when I was here I noticed that about 45 minutes after the ships would depart the Pan Am pier, they would sail by the ocean side of the hotel. This year, we got really lucky to get a room with a great view of the ships at the pier.

I just happened to be sitting outside on the balcony enjoying an ice-cream cone and waiting to see if the other two smaller ships would depart. I was so surprised when I thought I saw the CB moving. I feel really lucky to have caught her heading out. I wasn't sure if she was just moving to another dock or going on a trial run, but we went out to the ocean side to see of she would sail by- and when she did- I felt like a kid in a candy store.

We watched her until my sister got tired and ready to head back in.

Here's the shot's of her looking out to the ocean from our hotel:

close to shore:

001.jpg

headed out to sea:

008.jpg

Ok- we watched her depart the Pan Am pier from my balcony. We went to the front of the hotel after she disappeared from sight and went to see if she would sail by on the ocean side- and right on clockwork about 45 minutes later- she just headed out to sea.

So the best I can tell the CB is on a trial run and she's looking good! Seemed to be moving a a good clip!

Talk about excited! woo hoo!

Took a pic- but it's blurry- will post soon

thank you sue You made my weekend My DH and I are on the 4/15 b2b.

enjoy your week. I too will follow your posts this week

Marsha

Susan, yahoo for all of us! The April FIRST-ERS! Thanks for the detective work on all of our behalf. We just got into Orlando, flying over on Sunday afternoon. I think all of us should get together for a drink at sail away to celebrate! Being on the CC boards has helped me weather this storm of uncertainty! Tomorrow I will be out at the mall, singlehandedly propping up the American economy. Just don't tell my husband what I am up to! ; )

THANK YOU in advance for doing a LIVE report. I will be on Caribbean Princess in October, my first cruise back with Princess Cruises since 2002, so I will be following your updates with eager anticipation. Even though my October cruise is only a short 4-nighter to Bermuda I am still worried on how I will feel about coming back after such a long absence. Looking forward to all of your reports and pictures.

Received this from Princess around 1:30 am EST:

UPDATED INFORMATION: CARIBBEAN PRINCESS DEPARTING APRIL 1

We are pleased to advise repairs to Caribbean Princess' port propulsion motor have been completed.

Embarkation will begin on schedule at 1:00 pm and we plan to sail on time. There are no planned changes to your cruise itinerary.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Looks like the cruise that almost wasn't, will actually take place! Bon voyage to all my fellow April 1 cruisers and thanks again to Susan for her terrific postings!

Good morning everyone, I slept like a baby an woke up to more great news. I checked the webcam for the CB and see he is still out to sea. There are two more ships at the pier this morning- a Celebrity and Royal Caribbean (I'm assuming the Adventure).

Today is sunny and warm here in San Juan, with a few scattered clouds. Yesterday, we had a few small showers, but it turned out to be a beautiful evening.

Going to spend another day hanging out around San Juan. We thought about doing the rainforest tour, but we're happy just hanging out where we are.

I'm looking forward to a great cruise now- so much stress has been relieved.

THANK-YOU PRINCESS!!!

Will post more pics soon

Susan

Susan, yahoo for all of us! The April FIRST-ERS! Thanks for the detective work on all of our behalf. We just got into Orlando, flying over on Sunday afternoon. I think all of us should get together for a drink at sail away to celebrate! Being on the CC boards has helped me weather this storm of uncertainty! Tomorrow I will be out at the mall, singlehandedly propping up the American economy. Just don't tell my husband what I am up to! ; )

Hi Canadamum, I know what you mean about popping up the American (and Caribbean) economy! If my husband only knew (he does, but I have a don't ask-don't tell policy).

I would love to get together for the April 1st-er's, but I'm not much of a planner. If someone on the roll call makes a plan, I will be there!

Susan

The CB appears to be about 50 miles nrth of St Thomas. The RCL ship is the Serenade, Adventure is tomorrow.

We flew down last night. Connecting flight was two hours late, we were sweating bullets but they held the plane in EWR, and the bags even made it. I don't know how to take all this good news. Last week I moved us to a corner aft that magically appeared. Thank you Susan for the on the scene reports.

The CB appears to be about 50 miles nrth of St Thomas. The RCL ship is the Serenade' date=' Adventure is tomorrow.

We flew down last night. Connecting flight was two hours late, we were sweating bullets but they held the plane in EWR, and the bags even made it. I don't know how to take all this good news. Last week I moved us to a corner aft that magically appeared. Thank you Susan for the on the scene reports.[/quote']

I should have known it was the Serenade- I've sailed her twice out of San Juan. I didn't check the other ship's schedule to see who was in port and it's hard to tell in the distance.

A corner aft sounds wonderful! Some passenger is probably wishing he or she didn't cancel.

Now, we just have to hope for smooth sailing and great weather! Glad you made it here safely!

Edited by MDSue

Good morning everyone, I slept like a baby an woke up to more great news. I checked the webcam for the CB and see he is still out to sea. There are two more ships at the pier this morning- a Celebrity and Royal Caribbean (I'm assuming the Adventure).

Today is sunny and warm here in San Juan, with a few scattered clouds. Yesterday, we had a few small showers, but it turned out to be a beautiful evening.

Going to spend another day hanging out around San Juan. We thought about doing the rainforest tour, but we're happy just hanging out where we are.

I'm looking forward to a great cruise now- so much stress has been relieved.

THANK-YOU PRINCESS!!!

Will post more pics soon

Susan

My best wishes for smooth sailing on your cruise! We'll be boarding her in NY for the 11-night Trans-Atlantic on May 3rd, so the engine issue is making me a little nervous.... Thanks so much for your report and look forward to more posts for the rest of your cruise

Good to see she's back in action, we were on for 11-25th march B2B but obviously it went wrong.

We went to condado beach one day, you must be in the hotel right on the beach then?

I took this panoramic from the beach there, its a lovely place.

condado-pano-2-JPEG-X2.jpg

Thanks so much for the update on the CB. I wish you and all passengers a great sailing. It is good to hear that Princess feels there will be no change in your itinerary. I am looking forward to hear me from you!

Good luck to you and enjoy your cruise.