LIVE fron the APRIL 1st CARIBBEAN PRINCESS- PICS and REVIEW

MDSue

I thought of a question. Did you have Anytime Dining? If so, what were the lines like?

Oh and you told me to remind you about posting the patters. I know you're probably not even home yet but I'm reminding you because I'll probably forget, lol.

Edited by angelofjoy23

The post about the beds triggered something in me' date=' it made me realize the bed was very comfortable and that I was not sleeping on a bag of rocks. We usually get the egg crate toppers immediately.[/quote']

Hey FishinMusician- I hope your vaction on the CB was a good as mine. I agree the beds are still too hard. I had heard they are updating them with new beds soon. I usually ask for a topper and didnt thins time. On my last day, I ooked under my bed for missing items and there was an egg crate right there. I should have asked!

We are home at last- and too tired to think straight gonna take a nice long nap and will check in later- thanks for the well wishes. Our flight home was hone was fine (except one little panic attack on the last flight), I keep thinking I should just get over it, but every now and then, one sneaks up on me.

Will check in soon and begin to go through my pics and upload the best ones. I've assigned my sister to the task of uploading the patters this week and I'll either post them if lots of people re interested or just email them to whoever would like them. It make take a few days to get them all done.

Susan

I thought of a question. Did you have Anytime Dining? If so, what were the lines like?

Oh and you told me to remind you about posting the patters. I know you're probably not even home yet but I'm reminding you because I'll probably forget, lol.

Hi Angela, We did the late dining at a table for 8. We sat with two wonderful couples each night. The other diners, two male friedns only came on the first to nights and then we didn't see them the rest of the week.

I should have the patters ready in a few days or sooner.

Susan

Condensation from the vents is completely normal.

I figured that, but it was the first time I ever saw it and there was a lot of it coming out. I was more concerned with the engine that wouldn't start and the thought of the pilot trying to get the mechanic to "jump start" it, and then fly over the ocean with defective engine.

Hey FishinMusician- I hope your vaction on the CB was a good as mine. I agree the beds are still too hard. I had heard they are updating them with new beds soon. I usually ask for a topper and didnt thins time. On my last day, I ooked under my bed for missing items and there was an egg crate right there. I should have asked!

Susan, we had an amazing trip. My review is slowing coming together on another thread.

About the beds; I actually meant that ours was very comfortable and did not require an egg crate. I suspect they may be gradually changing them out and we got lucky and got a new one ??? When I did the final look around I lifted the mattress and it weighed almost nothing, but it was much thicker (6 inches?) than those on previous Princess cruises. As I mentioned, some of those were like sleeping on a bag of rocks... lumpy, drooping and hard. Not a pleasant combination.

Susan' date=' we had an amazing trip. My review is slowing coming together on another thread.

About the beds; I actually meant that ours was very comfortable and did not require an egg crate. I suspect they may be gradually changing them out and we got lucky and got a new one ??? When I did the final look around I lifted the mattress and it weighed almost nothing, but it was much thicker (6 inches?) than those on previous Princess cruises. As I mentioned, some of those were like sleeping on a bag of rocks... lumpy, drooping and hard. Not a pleasant combination.[/quote']

Hey, I should never try to read or reply to post when I'm deliriously tired!!!! I just re-read my posts from last night and saw a ton of typo's as well as misreading your post. I really can spell on a normal day:o

I do see you said yours was comfortable, now. I was undecided on mine, but I have a bad back and need a really cozy bed. I couldn't tell if these beds were better than mine was last year, but I did sleep okay. I realized when I got to the hotel, that their bed was much more to my liking.

However, my trip was so amazing that the bed was not really an issue for me.

I'm looking forward to reading your review and comparing notes. I hope to post some pictures tonight. too bad this thing called work and school (late life career-change desires) are getting in my way of my real passion of updating CruiseCritic!

Susan

Edited by MDSue

When we were on our outbound flight to San Juan from Madrid all the passengers were waiting on buses next to the plane while three mechanics 'fixed' the engine on our plane, the cover of the engine was off, screwdrivers, spanners and 2 people up inside the engine fixing it or tightening something. The pilot said we had a small 'technical problem' and all of this just before a 9 hour transatlantic flight, if you had a fear of flying it would unsettle you. At the end of the day though the airline and of course the captain are never going to let an unsafe plane take off on any flight no matter how short. :)

As for beds, ours was comfortable, I never had a problem sleeping at least.

Edited by shaunster12

I'm going to start with ship pictures and go day by day. I have hundreds of pictures, so if there is something in particular that you want to see, just ask, I may have one.

From the port of Tortola:

Tortola2012207.jpg

exterior views:

The city of Condado is in the backgorund

CaribbeanPrincessApril12012048.jpg

CaribbeanPrincessApril12012045.jpg

CaribbeanPrincessApril12012034.jpg

The adult pool in the aft section of the pool- rarely crowded here, my favorite place to hang out. This is a great place to watch the departure also, especially if the ship backs out of port

CaribbeanPrincessApril12012052.jpg

Edited by MDSue

Hi Sue -

Thanks for all your updates. We are looking forward to being on the ship very soon.

Do you know if there are alarm clocks in the rooms? I know there is a wake up service (phone call) but I am concerned also about how we will know what time it is - husband and I don't wear watches because we use our cell phones but we plan to leave cell phones at home. I am wondering if I should bring a travel alarm clock. Thanks!

We are on the cruise leaving the 15th, and looking at your pictures is getting me even more excited. And I didn't think that was possible!!!! Thank you so much and I am glad you had a great trip!!! And thanks for your input as well, Fishin'!

Al

We are on the cruise leaving the 15th, and looking at your pictures is getting me even more excited. And I didn't think that was possible!!!! Thank you so much and I am glad you had a great trip!!! And thanks for your input as well, Fishin'!

Al

Thanks Al. I know you'll love the ship and itinerary. I will post pictures of St. Thomas tomorrow. I believe you are visiting the same islands we did.

Hi Sue -

Thanks for all your updates. We are looking forward to being on the ship very soon.

Do you know if there are alarm clocks in the rooms? I know there is a wake up service (phone call) but I am concerned also about how we will know what time it is - husband and I don't wear watches because we use our cell phones but we plan to leave cell phones at home. I am wondering if I should bring a travel alarm clock. Thanks!

They didn't have an alarm clock in the room. I think the phone had the time, but we could never figure out how to delete our messages from the phone, so it never showed the time. You can call in for wake up calls. We usually ordered room service each day to arrive about the time we wanted to get up or used the wake-up calls for days we didn't order room service.

Channel 32 also gave the correct ship time.

Edited by MDSue

When we were on our outbound flight to San Juan from Madrid all the passengers were waiting on buses next to the plane while three mechanics 'fixed' the engine on our plane, the cover of the engine was off, screwdrivers, spanners and 2 people up inside the engine fixing it or tightening something. The pilot said we had a small 'technical problem' and all of this just before a 9 hour transatlantic flight, if you had a fear of flying it would unsettle you. At the end of the day though the airline and of course the captain are never going to let an unsafe plane take off on any flight no matter how short. :)

As for beds, ours was comfortable, I never had a problem sleeping at least.

Hi, I know the pilot wouldn't want to fly an unsafe plane, but his wording was unsettling to quite a few of us on the plane. I kept thinking that if for some reason the engine stalled over the ocean and it needs a mechanic to get it started, we'd be flying on one engine and you can't divert to land when you are far from land. I hate having a flying phobia (it developed after watching lots of oil leak out of an engine during a short flight many years ago). I didn't fly for 7 years, but now I fly often. It doesn't take much to set off my phobia. They really aren't logical really as car crashes have never made me afraid to drive- just something I have to deal with (and laugh about once I'm safely home:))

Weather looks great from the pictures, did you encounter any t-storms?

Nope- bad weather isn't allowed on our trips:) We had picture perfect weather every single day. I know I'm going to jinx myself by saying that, but we really have had beautiful weather 7 cruises straight. We had a chance of rain in Antigua and every now and then a few clouds came and went, but not a drop of rain.

View of the back of the ship from the port of Barbados:

Barbados2012178.jpg

The random monkey hanging in the tree and on the sign was a gift for my brother, but at least it shows a good view of the ship

Barbados2012183.jpg

Barbados2012185.jpg