Multiple Ships at Castaway Cay.

AmbeeBee

Dream and Fantasy were at Castaway Cay this past week together. Maybe a 1 time thing??

That type of thing has happened several times among the DCL ships, but the second ship remains offshore for just a brief period and passengers stay onboard. There is no way for two ships to dock at the same time. These meetings at CC usually result in a battle of the horns between the ships.

That type of thing has happened several times among the DCL ships, but the second ship remains offshore for just a brief period and passengers stay onboard. There is no way for two ships to dock at the same time. These meetings at CC usually result in a battle of the horns between the ships.

Battle of the horns and photo opts!

AKK

Dream and Fantasy were at Castaway Cay this past week together. Maybe a 1 time thing?? We will just have to see... take a look at the video below.

The passengers of the Fantasy were on CC , while the Dream was floating around on its day at sea. The Dream had its day at CC on the following day.

The only reason the Dream came close was it was nearby anyway...

all the Dream ever does is float around - it doesn't really have all that far to go between nassau and CC and florida.

so on its sea day it came close to CC so that they could get photo ops and horn battles.

But the Dream passengers didn't get off the ship. Only the fantasy passengers were actually on the island.

The original plans for Castaway Cay called for two docks and an expansion of the beach facilities, toward the opposite direction of the current beach. The idea was to allow two or more ships to dock at the same time. The drawing that I saw had four ships outlined.

I know that the plans were based on the ship size of the Magic/Wonder so I am not sure if the plans are still valid.

Dream and Fantasy were at Castaway Cay this past week together. Maybe a 1 time thing?? We will just have to see... take a look at the video below.

No cause for panic...here's the scoop. Fantasy was docked, Dream sailed by. The weren't docked at CC at the same time.

"On March 25, 2012, while the new Disney Fantasy cruise ship was docked at Castaway Cay during her Inaugural preview cruise, the Disney Dream sailed by the island giving passengers on board both ships and on Castaway Cay a glimpse at the sister ships together.

The Dream pulled up to Castaway Cay and passed by the Fantasy's bow before sailing away. This video shows the Dream arriving from Serenity Bay, the two ships meeting from the island tram, and a closer look from the port and on board."

On 8/31/12, we will be at Castaway Cay on the Fantasy. Cruisett shows the Magic will also be there with us. :|

I just looked at DisneyCruise.com and it shows the Disney Magic out of New York on August 25th and at Castaway Cay on August 29, 2012. Maybe the itinerary changed because as others have said, there's not a way that I've seen for more than one ship to dock at the same time. BTW, DisneyCruise.com shows the

BTW, I was on the same cruise as when that video is taken and it was pretty cool. Here's how it looked from Castaway Cay and on board the Dream

Doobie.

On 8/31/12, we will be at Castaway Cay on the Fantasy. Cruisett shows the Magic will also be there with us. :|

Ain't gonna happen. It's a physical impossibility. Two objects - in this case, huge ships - - cannot occupy the same space at the same time.

Below is a Google Earth view of CC. Note the relatively narrow dredged area to the left of the one and only dock, and the stone reef to the left of the dredged area.

946996987_CastawayCay.jpg.639e95dc3364d33c4229d03e38bbf2b7.jpg

I'm new to the Disney boards and doing research for a potential future cruise--I found this video a couple days ago of the
. My niece has decided she wants to trade in the whale tail for the "dark ship".

that's a great one! there are lots of youtube videos of disney horn battles, but that one's particularly amusing!!

You're right, I just looked at Disneycruise.com and it shows the Magic there on 8/29 and not 8/31. I wonder why cruisett.com has incorrect info. They've always been very accurate. Anyway...I'm relieved. It would have been extremely hard to find a bit of shade.

I just looked at DisneyCruise.com and it shows the Disney Magic out of New York on August 25th and at Castaway Cay on August 29, 2012. Maybe the itinerary changed because as others have said, there's not a way that I've seen for more than one ship to dock at the same time. BTW, DisneyCruise.com shows the

BTW, I was on the same cruise as when that video is taken and it was pretty cool. Here's how it looked from Castaway Cay and on board the Dream

Doobie.

I'm new to the Disney boards and doing research for a potential future cruise--I found this video a couple days ago of the
. My niece has decided she wants to trade in the whale tail for the "dark ship".

That's a good one.

You just don't get those kind of plusses on any other line.

Doobie.

You are correct. The 8/25 sailing of the Magic will be at CC on 8/29. The Magic will be at sea on her way back to NY on 8/31. I know this because I am on this sailing lol.

I'm wondering how hard it would be to modify the Magic and Wonder's horns to add the other tunes....

Not all that difficult. Magic and Wonder both have true air horns. If you look up near the top of the forward funnel, you'll see seven white trumpets of different sizes.

By contrast, Dream and Fantasy use an electronic horn system that is programmable; in theory, they could play almost any tune.

It would be pretty easy to replace the air horns with the big speakers for an electronic horn system.

But personally, I find the sound of the air horns much more traditional, melodious and clearer sounding than the new version, and I hope the classic ships retain the classic air horns.

Electronic horns??? Ahh gesh. That's like when the churches switched from actual bells to loud speakers... :mad:

I was actually thinking that they would just need to upgrade the control unit, and maybe add a horn or two for more notes... (BTW, I did know about the horns, I have seen them on the Wonder)

Electronic horns... That explains how the Dream was able to go up an octave...

Archived