Bahia Mar no longer a Radission

Lillykat

Got this email today and thought I would pass it on in case anyone was interested but it seems that the Bahia Mar is not longer a Radisson. Not sure what effect this will have on this hotel.

"We're flying a new flag over Ft Lauderdale"

Long known as Fort Lauderdaler's landmark beach resort, The Bahia Mar is waving good-bye to its Radisson flag. With the recent adoption by the prestigious Boca Hospitality Collection, Bahia Mar Beach Resort & Yachting Center reclaims top billing as Fort Lauderdale waterfront destination

Hi TrentS...as you will see from another post I have at the moment.I am currently trying to fix up some accomodations in FLL.

The Bahia Mar was one of a couple that I am trying to decide between.

I would value your oppinion on whether to go with the Pelican resort. or the Bahia Mar.

There is not much of a difference between them price wise so I guess is down to location and facilities etc.

Sorry to put this burden on your shoulders so to speak, but I'm almost at the stage where I'm ready to pull my hair out lol trying to decide.

I had looked at the Lago Mar and the Marriott harbor beach but they were $400 + per night. We really dont want to pay this much as it is for 3 rooms for 3 nights = $$$$

Would love to hear your thoughts....the only other one in the running just now is the Embassy Suites. So I would love your oppinion on them.

Many thanks for all your help.

Sandra aka happycruzer

Well I would definitely go with the new tower at the Pelican Beach Resort if it were me. It's brand new and gorgeous! I assume you've seen the pictures on their website, but if not... http://www.pelicanbeach.com/

Pelican Beach is about 5-10 minutes farther up the beach than Bahia Mar, and there's really nothing within walking distance of it, but it's direct oceanfront, and only a 5 minute taxi ride from many shops and restaurants so I wouldn't consider that a problem.

Bahia Mar is a few minutes closer to Port Everglades and is a water taxi stop, but it's an older hotel, across the street from the beach, and not as cool as Pelican Beach.

There isn't very much right in the area of Bahia Mar as far as restaurants or shops either, you would have to walk a few blocks or take a short taxi ride from there as well for anything other than the hotel's restaurants or a little deli.

Embassy Suites is very popular, and is in the heart of the SE17th Street shops and restaurants. You can certainly walk from there to many different types of restaurants and shops, and it's the closest to Port Everglades.

There's really nothing wrong with any of those three. But in my opinion if Pelican Beach and Bahia Mar are both the same price I'd go with Pelican Beach as it is brand new and it is nicer than Bahia Mar. Pelican Beach is also getting excellent reviews from people who have stayed there.

Just spoke with Terry at he Bahia Mar concrning my reservation for 11-24-27-2005 through Price line.

She gave me my confirmation number and said everything is fine.

Their number is 954-556-3022 if anyone would like to call

Janie

• 2 weeks later...

Ivesgrandma,

We are looking to also stay at the Bahia Mar 11-24 to 11-26-05. Would you mind me asking how much you got it thru Priceline for so I have an idea where to start bidding? We stayed there in March and it was just changing over from Radisson. We really liked this hotel and wanted to try for it again. Thanks.

When I stayed there, I bid 3* beach zone for $100, if this is any help. This was for this past March stay. For November stay, start at $50 bidding on priceline, you may end up around the $50 - $75 range.

Another nice place to stay, which I prefer over the Radisson, is the Marriott Hotel and Marina. Got this for another stay in March through priceline for $75. For this hotel I bid 3* downtown, great spot as well.

It's the exact same place Vic, they just dropped the Radisson affiliation...

I know ..... I just like the Radisson product.

Have a membership with them, but now I can't stay at my fav Radisson in FLL because it's no longer a Radisson. :eek:

Time to seek out other "R" properties in the area.

:(

Thanks Doone. I stayed there thru Priceline in March also and paid $100. Since November isn't as expensive as March I was thinking around $60. Maybe I will start at $50 and see what happens. The website lists the Bahia Mar as $99. Now I just have to wait to bid until I know for sure what day we will be leaving.

I just booked a room on priceline for our pre cruise stay in Dec and got this hotel is it any good? I looked at one site and it only got 1 star from someone that stayed their I hope that it is better then that.This will be our first cruise so I want everything to go smooth.I did bid WAY to high I found out(my first time using priceline) I bid $85 but I was told that a 3 star would be about $220 so ohh well live and learn

I just stayed at this hotel this past March, also won it on priceline for $100, so you didn't do too badly, I don't think.

We enjoyed this hotel very much, its right on the beach and also on the water taxi line. Its a bit on the older side, but clean, friendly staff, I think you will enjoy this hotel.

I was specifically trying for the 2.5* Amerisuites via Priceline for my Jan 6 pre-cruise stay. First bid was $79 downtown, then I added Beach zone at $85 thinking that it was a free rebid because there were no 2.5* in that zone. Well they "upgraded" me and I got the Bahia Mar on the beach ($102 with tax). I should have been patient and waited until later in the fall to try for Amerisuites again, but oh well, not that 3* is bad (I hope?). Seems to be a great location - water taxi next door, 5 miles to FLL and 1 mile to Port Everglades. Just wish they had airport shuttle (they don't).

I priced this hotel for this date at their own website ($185-$250), Travelocity ($185 - $305) and Expedia (no availability), so I think we did pretty well, considering. Reviews I've read seem OK, though not glowing. We got the 4* Hyatt 66 in Jan 04 (also via PL) and it was fine but very mediocre (think we got the "older" section, not the tower rooms).

• 1 month later...

Total newbie here -- new to cruising, new to Priceline and newly thrilled at my accepted bid. I did a low bid, being anxious as to what I was really getting into. I bid 3* Downtown and Ft. Lauderdale Beach for $47, $59.85 w/ all taxes. Got it immediately for Bahia Mar Beach Resort. I was hoping for Marriott Marina or one of the Sheratons, but I'm okay with this. I'm thinking my offer was accepted because this is for a reservation less than 5 weeks from today and surplus hotel rooms are widely available now. I guess I could have bid the $41 I was going to start with, but then changed my mind at the last minute! lol!

Thanks for all the info here and for the Amazing Bargains/Priceline link at biddingfortravel.com. This is great! :)

Archived