Pacific Dawn dry dock

thied

well the day has arrived for the Pacific Dawn, where she will go into dry dock for a major refit, I do hope they get every thing done in time for our cruise on the 01/05/2012.

well the day has arrived for the Pacific Dawn, where she will go into dry dock for a major refit, I do hope they get every thing done in time for our cruise on the 01/05/2012.

There no problem if they dont get it all finished.....they just come with you and finish it off while the ship is at sea.:D

at dry dock wharf waiting for high tide to get into the dry dock

IMG_60881.jpg

takin all the life boats off and craning on containers and skip bins

IMG_6090.jpg

Actually Tiger, if there are more of you it is cheaper to book a suite or mini, than more than one cabin. We have friends who do just that. On the other hand, we can have more real cruises if we book the ordinary cabins. I know what I'd rather do. :D

group booking work for all cabins not just suites and mini suites, as per P&O booking and hand book, and all travel agents( oz)

From what I hear the cruise work extra hard when a ship is in drydock.Lotsa cleaning and things.

your are right on that. they have lots of work in front of them. A friend of our is working at cairncross, the company he works for are over halling the ships sewer system, he jokingly said they make some extra money from is a they find all the false teeth and rings and leck lasese that get drop into the toilets. PMSL

Thanks for Captain's name Thied..I get on for a few cruises when you get off.

Do you know who the CD is ???

kind regards, Lorraine :):)

The cruise director will be Mr Paul Hancox

Dock business cruises with refit job

BRISBANE'S economy is getting another multimillion-dollar injection from the cruise industry, with P&O's superliner Pacific Dawn to undergo refurbishment at a giant dock in Morningside.

The 70,000-tonne and 245 metre long ship sailed up the Brisbane River and into the Forgacs Cairncross dockyard on Saturday night ready for a two week overhaul.

The refurbishment includes a seven metre poolside entertainment screen, dedicated icecream parlour and new interconnecting family cabins.

The hull will be given a coat of more 5000 litres of paint and 5000 square metres of carpet will be laid in the ship's public areas and cabins.

read more at

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/dock-business-cruises-with-refit-job/story-fn6ck51p-1226327132846

It is exciting! Great pictures - thanks for sharing.
thank you, I will try and get more you.

we are cruising of her first cruise after dry dock so we will get first hand photo's with the help of friends:D aka tuckiexr

pacific sun deck 10 rear is buffet & pizzera

pacific pearl deck 12 is the plantation rest

Pacific jewel deck 12 is the plantation rest

pacific dawn is the cafe del sol

I do wonder what they will change at the refit on the Pacific dawn? will it be the cafe del sol

or some thing else who will know, but we will find out next month:D

your are right on that. they have lots of work in front of them. A friend of our is working at cairncross, the company he works for are over halling the ships sewer system, he jokingly said they make some extra money from is a they find all the false teeth and rings and leck lasese that get drop into the toilets. PMSL

Gosh, I wonder how many false teeth, rings and leck lasese (don't know what they are but I guess they must be valuable) before you can upgrade your booking to a suite.:eek:

Archived