Epic Carnival Fantasy Review & PICS/March 23rd, 2012 Sailing

Hope he's OK!!!! Did the truck make it?

We just went close by you... went to Bluffton yesterday for a graduation and came home this morning. Not quite Hollywood, but thru Ravenel..

The truck made it. The ditch is about 12 foot deep so once he realized he was going in, he steered it the rest of the way in. Otherwise, I am sure he would have flipped it and things would have ended up quite differently. I need to purchase a bubble for this man to live in. :rolleyes:

Hey ALL!

single digit dance today! Fantasy, May 9th.

LUCKy!!! So jealous. I will wave at the ship on my way to work. Ok, I do that anyway. :p

Glad to hear that "The Andrew" is ok and so is his truck. Is there a web cam that shows the ships leaving the Port of Charleston? Off topic... but, is there a good, cheap place to eat breakfast in the historic district , maybe where the locals eat? We may be coming in late May and were just wondering. Thanks!!

Glad to hear that "The Andrew" is ok and so is his truck. Is there a web cam that shows the ships leaving the Port of Charleston? Off topic... but, is there a good, cheap place to eat breakfast in the historic district , maybe where the locals eat? We may be coming in late May and were just wondering. Thanks!!

I did a little bit of a search but I have certain restrictions at work so I cannot tell if this link actually works. This is what I found.

http://www.charlestonscrealestate.us/

As far as breakfast goes, I havent been to breakfast downtown in quite some time. It can be a bit pricey. However, I have heard great things about Toast. And how can you go wrong with $10.00 bottomless mimosas, all day, every day! Here is a link

http://www.toastofcharleston.com/menu.html

There is a restaurant in Mt. Pleasant that I enjoy eating breakfast at on occasion and is less pricey. The Okra Grill. Love their omlets! They are huge!

http://www.pagesokragrill.com/

The truck made it. The ditch is about 12 foot deep so once he realized he was going in, he steered it the rest of the way in. Otherwise, I am sure he would have flipped it and things would have ended up quite differently. I need to purchase a bubble for this man to live in. :rolleyes:

LUCKy!!! So jealous. I will wave at the ship on my way to work. Ok, I do that anyway. :p

Goodness! That's deep... was he able to steer back out or was other help needed? And Thanks cannot wait. Wife and I really need some down time.

is there a good, cheap place to eat breakfast in the historic district , maybe where the locals eat?

Most "locals" do not eat in the historic district because of the prices - I have heard good things about Toast though.

As All mention Okra Grill is good...

We have had "northerners" want know where the O-K RA was at. :eek:

Your reviews inspired my first review.

I do have a few questions about the Fantasy---

Was there a hairdryer in the room?

Have you guys ever tried using rum runners?

And what beach on Freeport would you recommend instead of Our Lucaya (since you said it sucked the last time)?

Thanks love! :D

I did a little bit of a search but I have certain restrictions at work so I cannot tell if this link actually works. This is what I found.

Thanks for the restaurant tips. They both sound very good! I have tried the link for the webcam but cannot get it to work because I cannot find the video they mention.As usual you are a great help and much appreciated for your courtesy and knowledge.

Edited by travellink

Goodness! That's deep... was he able to steer back out or was other help needed? And Thanks cannot wait. Wife and I really need some down time.

He was not able to steer back out on his own. He was stuck all day trying to get out of there. Ultimately, we got a friend who has a Jeep and a winch and that is how the truck got...unstuck :p.

Your reviews inspired my first review.

I do have a few questions about the Fantasy---

Was there a hairdryer in the room? No hairdryer in the room but I found a cute travel sized one at Kmart. It was small and folded in half.

Have you guys ever tried using rum runners? We have not tried rum runners yet but you betta believe we will attempting this next time.

And what beach on Freeport would you recommend instead of Our Lucaya (since you said it sucked the last time)? We are going to try Dead Man's Reef next time. All the reviews I have read say that they base their reputation on getting you back to the ship on time and their snorkeling is pretty nice. Try searching Dead Man's Reef and see if you can find the reviews. Also heard Gold Rock Beach is nice too.

Thanks love! :D

Wow! That is so cool that I inspired you to do your review. I have read it and really enjoyed it as well. Love those coozie cups! I put answers to your questions in purple above. :p

Thanks for the restaurant tips. They both sound very good! I have tried the link for the webcam but cannot get it to work because I cannot find the video they mention.As usual you are a great help and much appreciated for your courtesy and knowledge.

You are welcome. Feel free to ask questions. I like to help. :) I will try to find out how to work the web cam thingy. :o

Loved you review and pictures. I read your first review, followed the story about the fire and Andrew's recovery, so was very happy when I came across this one. Have y'all ever thought about cruising out of Miami? I am going with a group that I started crusing with after Joe passed away and they are a great bunch, lots of fun, etc. Our group cruise is Jan 19th on the Breeze. It is also BC6, which is John's Bloggers cruise. Went on BC5 and had a blast. John and his sidekick, Calvyn(sp) are a hoot and a half. This will give you a chance to actually meet John. There are special activities just for the bloggers. Would love to have you both cruise with us and get a chance to meet y'all.

Loved you review and pictures. I read your first review, followed the story about the fire and Andrew's recovery, so was very happy when I came across this one. Have y'all ever thought about cruising out of Miami? I am going with a group that I started crusing with after Joe passed away and they are a great bunch, lots of fun, etc. Our group cruise is Jan 19th on the Breeze. It is also BC6, which is John's Bloggers cruise. Went on BC5 and had a blast. John and his sidekick, Calvyn(sp) are a hoot and a half. This will give you a chance to actually meet John. There are special activities just for the bloggers. Would love to have you both cruise with us and get a chance to meet y'all.

Thank you for thinking of us and following our story.

I have been wanting to go on a Bloggers cruise but we just cannot afford the airfare (or gas for travelling) to Miami. Or anywhere outside of Charleston at this point. :p

I have seen the morning show clips of Calvyn and John. They make a great comedic duo! Maybe one day we will get a chance to sail on a BC. :)

He was not able to steer back out on his own. He was stuck all day trying to get out of there. Ultimately, we got a friend who has a Jeep and a winch and that is how the truck got...unstuck :p.

Nancy, Glad the Andrew is OK!:) Was the ditch along the "shortcut" to the store that he told me about? David

Nancy, Glad the Andrew is OK!:) Was the ditch along the "shortcut" to the store that he told me about? David

Yes it is. I will try to post a picture of his truck stuck in the mud. He actually took pictures. :eek::rolleyes:

He calls that road The Andrew Highway. :p

Thank you for thinking of us and following our story.

I have been wanting to go on a Bloggers cruise but we just cannot afford the airfare (or gas for travelling) to Miami. Or anywhere outside of Charleston at this point. :p

I have seen the morning show clips of Calvyn and John. They make a great comedic duo! Maybe one day we will get a chance to sail on a BC. :)

Yeah, this one is going to be expensive for me since I am having to fly. Since it is in the middle of Jan., there is no way I am going to try and drive. They are a lot of fun. I had to drive to Galveston a day early because we were expecting ice, sleet and possible snow for the next day. I wanted to be sure that I could get across the causeway before they closed it. Sure enough, I got up Friday morning, freeways are closed because of ice and the causeway is closed. A lot of our group that were driving, had some interesting trips and some got the last flights into Houston. We sometimes refer to it as the "Ice Bowl" instead of the Super Bowl. Hope to see ya both on a cruise in the future. Sure nice to see Andrew smiling again.

Thanks for the great review!!! We plan on taking our kids on the Fantasy next year for spring break.

You are welcome. Your kids will have a blast!

Yeah, this one is going to be expensive for me since I am having to fly. Since it is in the middle of Jan., there is no way I am going to try and drive. They are a lot of fun. I had to drive to Galveston a day early because we were expecting ice, sleet and possible snow for the next day. I wanted to be sure that I could get across the causeway before they closed it. Sure enough, I got up Friday morning, freeways are closed because of ice and the causeway is closed. A lot of our group that were driving, had some interesting trips and some got the last flights into Houston. We sometimes refer to it as the "Ice Bowl" instead of the Super Bowl. Hope to see ya both on a cruise in the future. Sure nice to see Andrew smiling again.

Jeesh! That sounds like an unwelcome adventure!

This is what the bed looked like when we boarded.

CarnivalFantasy2012039.jpg

This is what it looked like after we moved the bed.

CarnivalFantasy2012041.jpg

I've been wondering about this...so I'm guessing they didn't say anything about moving the beds?? My first cruise was in an oceanview cabin. It drove me nuts to have to walk around the bed and squeeze through that small space just to look out the window. I think the cabins would be much better with the beds turned that way.

Great review, I also really enjoyed your last Fantasy review as well. We are going on the Fantasy in January and are very excited. I grew up on Johns Island, and my family is still in Charleston. I am excited to finally cruise out of my hometown!

I've been wondering about this...so I'm guessing they didn't say anything about moving the beds?? My first cruise was in an oceanview cabin. It drove me nuts to have to walk around the bed and squeeze through that small space just to look out the window. I think the cabins would be much better with the beds turned that way.

We move our bed on every cruise we go on and they have never said anything to us about it. It makes it so much easier to get up into the window shelf. Our steward makes the bed in the morning and does turn down service in the evening as if nothing ever happened.

We always put it back on the last day though to be polite.

As a side note, when moving the bed, keep in mind it is actually 2 twin beds put together. Moving them can be a bit of a challenge. :o

Great review, I also really enjoyed your last Fantasy review as well. We are going on the Fantasy in January and are very excited. I grew up on Johns Island, and my family is still in Charleston. I am excited to finally cruise out of my hometown!

Thanks for reading both of our reviews. I am glad you enjoyed our fantastic voyage! :D

I know Johns Island very well. MANY parties there when I was in high school. (Although I went to St. Andrew's High, they still let me party with the Islanders.) That's where I met my ex-husband but I wont hold that against you. :OP

Edited by All4fun&fun4all

When DD and I cruise we have the beds as twins, then we move one long-ways against the right wall, 1 long-ways against the left wall and end up with a big open area in the middle of the cabin as well as super easy access to the window.

When DD and I cruise we have the beds as twins, then we move one long-ways against the right wall, 1 long-ways against the left wall and end up with a big open area in the middle of the cabin as well as super easy access to the window.

On our first cruise the Andrew and I werent "together/together" so our room was set up this way as well. My friend Kelly got the bed by the window, another girl got the other bed, I got the pulldown (YAY top bunk!) and the Andrew got the cot that sits on the floor. During the day when they put the cot away and the ladder, there was plenty of room. But with 4 people in the evening, it was tight. If it's just 2 peeps it seems that will work out marvelously. Unless you are a couple. That might cause problems...or solve some. I am rambling... :o

Hello Nancy, LOVE your review. We just booked Fantasy for Jan 9, 2013 for my niece's 16th birthday. We have cruised many times but never out of Charleston, even tho we live in Myrtle Beach :o. Your review was very helpful in helping us decide about this cruise so THANK YOU!! Btw, do you happen to get up this way? You look real familiar to me .. lol:D

Hello Nancy, LOVE your review. We just booked Fantasy for Jan 9, 2013 for my niece's 16th birthday. We have cruised many times but never out of Charleston, even tho we live in Myrtle Beach :o. Your review was very helpful in helping us decide about this cruise so THANK YOU!! Btw, do you happen to get up this way? You look real familiar to me .. lol:D

We love Myrtle Beach. We have been up there for Bike Week in the past as well as House of Blues for concerts but that's about it. We were just talking the other day about maybe coming up there for a weekend to go to Myrtle Waves. Love that waterpark! Wait...is it still open? :eek:

Your neice is going to have so much fun. I wish I had been able to take a cruise at 16 years old! :o

Ah Ha! I knew it! :D I bet you also shop at the Hudson's Flea Market beside the water park. I sell jewelry & handbags at SASSY LADY at the market. :D

I havent been there yet but...Flea Market??!! Jewelry and Handbags!!?? I am IN! If we make it up there this summer I will stop by!