Epic Carnival Fantasy Review & PICS/March 23rd, 2012 Sailing

Looking forward to your review.

I dont know if we would be brave enough to rent a car but perhaps a shuttle to Gold Rock or a taxi. There is no way I could drive on the wrong side of the road.

Gold Rock is around 40+ miles from the port and can get quite expensive with a taxi. No shuttle but some of the vans might take 8-10 people at around $20pp. It does take a bit to remember to drive on the left, the only real problem is when turning. Most of the drive is on open roads with little or no traffic.

Try one of these excursions:

http://www.viator.com/tours/Freeport/Freeport-Shore-Excursion-Lucayan-National-Park-Tour/d419-3847PRTFPOEAST

Thank you SO much!

Sorry I didnt get around to this last night. My brother needed some computer help when I got off work and by the time I got home, I totally forgot to check. Writing this on my hand so I dont forget today. :o

Gold Rock is around 40+ miles from the port and can get quite expensive with a taxi. No shuttle but some of the vans might take 8-10 people at around $20pp. It does take a bit to remember to drive on the left, the only real problem is when turning. Most of the drive is on open roads with little or no traffic.

Try one of these excursions:

http://www.viator.com/tours/Freeport/Freeport-Shore-Excursion-Lucayan-National-Park-Tour/d419-3847PRTFPOEAST

Thanks Bob. I think we have decided on booking the December 8th sailing out of Charleston which is a 7 day that goes to HMC, GT and Nassau. So, no Freeport this time around. But I will save this link for our future visits to Freeport. I can almost guarantee we will end up there again. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1636152

Finally did the review... no pic but did link you!

Bob

PS - sounds like a plan on the cruise... I don't think I can do that one when we have the Dream Nov. 3rd.

Thanks for linking my review to yours! That was very thoughtful.

What type of cabin did you get on the Dream in November? I really want to try a Dream class ship just to have a cove balcony!

Thanks for linking my review to yours! That was very thoughtful.

What type of cabin did you get on the Dream in November? I really want to try a Dream class ship just to have a cove balcony!

That's what we have! I've got one that is not under the galley, sorta in the middle. The only thing I don't like about it is the distance up to the Lido/activities/etc. but am so looking forward to the nearness to the water.

Did I mention that the first morning aboard Jane and I walk to the front Verandah open deck and lo and behold about 200 dolphins in about 3 pods come racing towards the ship for the left, jumping the whole way. They were playing in the wake of the ship... came right at it, amazing. 60 plus at a time.

Edited by bobsfamily

That's what we have! I've got one that is not under the galley, sorta in the middle. The only thing I don't like about it is the distance up to the Lido/activities/etc. but am so looking forward to the nearness to the water.

Did I mention that the first morning aboard Jane and I walk to the front Verandah open deck and lo and behold about 200 dolphins in about 3 pods come racing towards the ship for the left, jumping the whole way. They were playing in the wake of the ship... came right at it, amazing. 60 plus at a time.

I just love watching the dolphins play in the wake! They look like they have such a wonderful carefree lifestyle. I want to be a dolphin. :p

You must come back and tell me all about your experience in a cove balcony. I would be so happy that close to the water that the Andrew may have a difficult time getting me out of the cabin. :D

Nancy, this was one great, funny, and entertaining review. Thanks for sharing your adventure.

Thank you for reading and commenting!

All,

Lost your email, could you send another to rentabob at live dot com?

Bob

Will send it to you today. :)

Probably a crazy question, but can you look in your Fun Times and see who the leader of Karaoke was? I don't sing, but the guy that ran Karaoke last time we cruised was hilarious! Would love to see him again!

I finally looked this up for you. :o

It was Karaoke Party with Maria.

Well I am only one Page two and We want to cruise with you two!

Question so no bottles past the street isn't the conch shack still at the end we were there last year and they served bottles got some great pics of my kalik bottles in the sand..

great review love all the photos this was the cruise we were going to do and friends wanted to do cayman and we booked they canceled LOL

10 days to go !

Well I am only one Page two and We want to cruise with you two!

Question so no bottles past the street isn't the conch shack still at the end we were there last year and they served bottles got some great pics of my kalik bottles in the sand..

great review love all the photos this was the cruise we were going to do and friends wanted to do cayman and we booked they canceled LOL

10 days to go !

Oh, I so wish I could say we cruised in 10 days. I am actually trying to get a loan today to put money down on a December cruise before the price goes up again. :p

As far as the bottles go, the sign at the entrance said no bottles so perhaps they are trying to encourage people to buy on the beach? I dunno, that seems like a stretch eh? Maybe things changed over the last year. I know that we were a bit discouraged at how Lucaya looked and wont be going back there in the future. We need to branch out and see new things anyway. :p

Guess who just booked a 7 day cruise for December? WE DID! YAY for another countdown ticker! Looks like I will be writing another review sooner than I expected. :)

WHOO-HOO!! :D High-five's to you from out in California. What a way to celebrate an early Christmas!!

Guess who just booked a 7 day cruise for December? WE DID! YAY for another countdown ticker! Looks like I will be writing another review sooner than I expected. :)

Hooray, I read you had booked on the rollcall. Bring extra notebooks for 7 day cruise:D Is the camera over its last cruise. It was acting up near the end;) Pink.

The camera totaly is a quitter. I tried to make it work today. Nothing. Guess we will try another. Any suggestions under 150.00? Miss nancy kinda wants one that will take under water pics. Or she is just saying that because she knows i will spill a drink in it.

The camera totaly is a quitter. I tried to make it work today. Nothing. Guess we will try another. Any suggestions under 150.00? Miss nancy kinda wants one that will take under water pics. Or she is just saying that because she knows i will spill a drink in it.

Ah, Andrew so glad y'all are going in Dec. We would love to do it but alas the Dream trip will tap us out in Nov.... Have a wonderful trip!

Ah, Andrew so glad y'all are going in Dec. We would love to do it but alas the Dream trip will tap us out in Nov.... Have a wonderful trip!

Thank you. Wish we could join you on the dream. I really liked your abreviatd review of the fantasy. So glad you had fun. We would love to join you on the dream. $. Maybe some day. I am sure you will enjoy.

Great news! Very happy for you both. There is nothing quite like seeing your very own countdown clock...they just don't go fast enough sometimes. TICK-TOCK,TICK=TOCK!!!!!:cool::)

I love that little countdown clock!

Will you take me with you? Iwanna go too! Oh yeah. I am. Can't wait!

Considering you are paying for this cruise, yeah, you can go. :p Now all we have to do is keep you alive, un-injured and not arrested before we sail. OH ANDREW!

WHOO-HOO!! :D High-five's to you from out in California. What a way to celebrate an early Christmas!!

It's an early Christmas present AND a birthday present for me. (June 25th which is also halfway to Christmas!)

Hooray, I read you had booked on the rollcall. Bring extra notebooks for 7 day cruise:D Is the camera over its last cruise. It was acting up near the end;) Pink.

Extra notebooks, extra pens and hopefully a new camera. Our camera is totally kapoot. They sure are expensive though. Maybe I can borrow one from our I.T. dept. Still plenty of time before we sail again.

You will have a great time in Dec... PLUS get away from some cold weather!

I just cant wait to sink my toes in that powdered sugar sand in HMC.