POA-Ammenties in cabin

debster818

Starting to gather things for our trip on April 21st. Just wondering what NOT to pack. Do I need to bring shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, toothpaste, etc. Don't want to pack things I don't need to. Thanks so much.....can't wait for Hawaii!!

Starting to gather things for our trip on April 21st. Just wondering what NOT to pack. Do I need to bring shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, toothpaste, etc. Don't want to pack things I don't need to. Thanks so much.....can't wait for Hawaii!!

The only regular, general, inclusions are liquid soap and shampoo.

Thanks! Won't be packing body wash and shampoo then. Saves some weight for other things...lol.....like shoes!

They do have those things in the cabin along with towels and a hairdryer. The downside is that the shampoo and body wash are in a push button thing on the wall of the shower. They dont have bars of soap. So if youre used to that, you should bring your own.

They do not provide toothpaste tho. :D

Just a side note, all NCL ships provide the same room amenities, tho I suspect suites and penthouses provide a little more. I havent been in one of those yet, so I dont know.

Thanks....kinda figured that not everything I need would be in the bathroom. Too bad. How about robes? I know Carnival supplys them. First time NCL. Thanks

I've only been on one cruise. However, there was one robe in our stateroom when we boarded and we asked and got a second one.

Definitely robes in balconies. I really like the soap and shampoo dispensers. On other cruiselines that don't provide these, we have never found enough space for our shampoo, conditioner and soap. As a whole, we like the set up of the bathrooms on NCL better than the ones on Princess, and we love Princess, so it is not an NCL bias.

We really liked the bathroom layout on the Jade for the non suite cabins. I understand the other Jewel class and Dawn class NCL ships are similar.

Pride of America non suite bathrooms are very small and are in need of updating. There is no counter space next to the sink. There are some shelves behind the corner mirror. That's where I stashed my toothpaste, etc.

Have a great time in Hawaii!

Why not call NCL and ask what comes in your cabin, so you don't have to pack it? Even though it's supplied on board, we always bring our own mini bottles of shampoo & conditioner (conditioner also great used for shaving!), plus bar soaps and sanitizer for cabin. (Lysol disinfectant--not Clorox wipes or hand sanitizers--is effective against Norovirus. Although the cabins are cleaned before we board, I always go over knobs, phones, light switches, etc. and also am liberal with the hand sanitizers everywhere on the ship. So I use lots of hand lotion!:)0 We travel a lot, and buy or create our own stock of travel-size personal care/cosmetics. In balcony rooms and higher categories, NCL supplies body lotions and shower caps, too. As said before, all cabins have hair dryers and robes. If a cabin doesn't have slippers (I can't remember getting them below Suite level), I use beach flip flops inside the cabin.

Why not call NCL and ask what comes in your cabin, so you don't have to pack it? Even though it's supplied on board, we always bring our own mini bottles of shampoo & conditioner (conditioner also great used for shaving!), plus bar soaps and sanitizer for cabin. (Lysol disinfectant--not Clorox wipes or hand sanitizers--is effective against Norovirus. Although the cabins are cleaned before we board, I always go over knobs, phones, light switches, etc. and also am liberal with the hand sanitizers everywhere on the ship. So I use lots of hand lotion!:)0 We travel a lot, and buy or create our own stock of travel-size personal care/cosmetics. In balcony rooms and higher categories, NCL supplies body lotions and shower caps, too. As said before, all cabins have hair dryers and robes. If a cabin doesn't have slippers (I can't remember getting them below Suite level), I use beach flip flops inside the cabin.

Excellent point about the slippers. We did not get them in our balcony room on the POA which wasn't a surprise, but I forgot to pack mine. I picked up a great pair before the cruise at the Ala Moana mall and used them all week.

I couldn't see not traveling with the stuff I like from home. Pack one or two items in your carry on and pack the stuff you like to use in your checked bags. Figure you will not be traveling home with it and then you have the room/weight for souviners

Or buy it there. You may pay alot extra though

Are there coffee makers in the balcony rooms on POA? Do they take regular filters and coffee?

There was in ours in January. They take those little pod packages similar to what a lot of hotels are using these days. If you had a small filter, you might be able to fit it in there.

I couldn't see not traveling with the stuff I like from home. Pack one or two items in your carry on and pack the stuff you like to use in your checked bags. Figure you will not be traveling home with it and then you have the room/weight for souviners

Or buy it there. You may pay alot extra though

That's great, but for those of us that don't check luggage there is a limit. I'm more than happy to use the provided stuff, its not a big deal for a few days.

There was in ours in January. They take those little pod packages similar to what a lot of hotels are using these days. If you had a small filter, you might be able to fit it in there.

Thanks. That is what I was afraid of. I was hoping to bring my own coffee to enjoy on my balcony.

Thanks for all the info. I am very happy to hear that we will have robes. Wasn't going to bring slippers, but maybe I will now. I will not bring shampoo or bodywash.....I am not particular. Conditioner is a must though! Not happy to hear that their is no counter near the sink in the POA. Where will I put my stuff? Oh, well, I will figure it out.

We just booked an inside room on POA for next Feb. Does anyone know if there are coffee makers in inside rooms? I'm guessing not so I need to plan how to break it to DH..lol. I guess we could order room service or just go grab a cup somewhere...

Thanks. That is what I was afraid of. I was hoping to bring my own coffee to enjoy on my balcony.

Not sure what brand you use, but you could probably find the pouches online somewhere. Everything I saw onboard POA was one brand or another of Kona coffee since you're circling Hawaii. If not, just buy the smaller coffee filters like what you would get for a camping coffee pot, those should fit and then you could put your coffee in.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived