Cupecoy Beach

The amount of beach at Cupecoy varies from day to day, depending on the tides. Sometimes there is a small beach and sometimes there is no beach at all. In addition, the surf tends to get rough at times. If Orient does not appeal to you because of the nudity, be forwarned that you will likely experience nudity at Cupecoy.

Nudity does not bother me...Crowds bother me.

My second choice would be Mullet Bay...I heard you could take a bus from the ship? I did like the option of a bus...just In case I could not find a taxi back...

If you are going to go to Cupecoy you may want to get a cab to the Cliffhanger Bar, which is literally above the beach. They can then call a cab and you can enjoy a drink while waiting.

Nudity does not bother me...Crowds bother me.

My second choice would be Mullet Bay...I heard you could take a bus from the ship? I did like the option of a bus...just In case I could not find a taxi back...

Another option would be to go to Orient but ask the cab to take you to the Coco Beach bar. It is about mid beach. Most of the action and the crowds and noise are south of Coco, heading towards Club Orient. Coco is relatively quiet, but you can still get a lounge chair and food and drinks. Immediately north of Coco is a long stretch of beach with nothing on it before you get to another beach bar and then the Mount Vernon hotel. From Coco to Mount Vernon is much quieter than going south, yet you still have access to as many amenities as you want. Access to cabs will also be easier. You can make arrangements with the cab that takes you to pick you up at a predetermined time.

Whatever you do, enjoy your day.

Thank you very much:) I am the type to over think...so after looking at pics of orient I was very turned off b/c I am more the type who loves finding a quiet peaceful cove with no one around...And I do believe even if I went to Orient I would enjoy myself...

Thanks again...

Patty...what are you thinking now in terms of Cupecoy???

I checked out Cupecoy last Thursday. The area of sand was about the size of your living room. Lots of rocks, no breeze and HOT. Everyone on the beach was nude.

Mullet Bay beach is great and not crowded, with calm water and a slow decline. There is an outdoor "cafe" for drinks and food there and chairs and umbrellas for rent. The city "bus", a mini-van, does go there for about $1.50 as I recall. You have to go into Phillipsburg to catch the buses, however. The main street is Front St. and the second street is Back Street. That is where the bus stops are. Another great beach that is only a little more crowded is Dawn beach. There is enough surf at Dawn to have fun playing in the waves. However, you must take a taxi to Dawn beach, which also has facilities, cafe, chairs and umbrellas for rent. I think the taxi was about $15 each way for the 2 of us. I prefer either of these beaches to the crowds at Orient beach!

Archived