Alert!! Price Drops!!

Waihekean

Hi, so we're from the Uk, sailing in May, booked last August going for a 1B verandah cabin. Paid in full at the start of March and then saw all the stuff about price drops on cruise critic, checked online yesterday and saw guarantee cabins in all categories at hugely reduced prices compared to what we payed. I phoned my TA today, who said it would only be for new bookings and it's the same in the US. I would have to cancel my booking incurring charges and a make a new one losing on-board credit etc. I then phoned Uk Celebrity direct, who said usually that's true but not at the moment and said that they would contact my travel agent. My TA phoned me back very quickly and said I could change to the guarantee verandah cabin, I'd of gone for an Aqua class guarantee, getting £400 ish back, but my Husband ( the money man!) wanted the same category as before and we have just made a saving of £1500! OMG!

Now fingers crossed we don't get an obstructed view balcony........!!!!

Hope this makes sense and thanks to all who posted about price drops!

We are on the Equinox in July and have had our price dropped $800.00 by our TA yesterday!!!How excited are we.We are from Australia,so if any cruisers are from this wonderful country,its just to let you know,we too are entitled to price drops before final payment.By the way,we have a 2A catergory booking.Happy days....:)

I am so pleased that there are more success stories out there:D

Especially with price drops in the UK and OZ, that does not happen too often!

I got the feeling this is going to hurt Princess, RCI and HAL that do not allow discounting for non American residents

Just a quick note to say that I too was able to secure 2 UK price drops through our online ('arctic') TA a couple of weeks ago for June 24th Silhouette Cruise.

First was £150pp refund on Inside.

Second was a transfer to AQ Guarantee for another £13pp refund ( Upgrade to AQ from Inside for £13 LESS, Amazing!)

Congratulations all you Brits who have managed to get a price drop?

I contacted our agent Bols**ver with absolutely no joy. I was dismissed as our cruise offered free flights, I know there's no such thing as anything free....

Hearing that some of you have been lucky made me smile to think you have beaten the UK system. I wish I had the nerve to book with an USA agent.

I'm seeing that the prices on our cruise have dropped but we have already made final payment. So that means nothing for us, right? We are in AQ.

Not necessarily and I'm speaking from experience. Final payment for my cruise was at the end of February. Last week I noticed a price drop and asked my TA to see if we could upgrade our room since the next category (Concierge to Sky Suite) was less then what we paid. Turns out it wasn't a problem and we are now in a Sky Suite. I'm note saying that it will happen but it could.

No harm in asking... Good luck!

Im so upset about all this.....our first celebrity booking and we too have paid in full for a June sailing on the Equinox......i called my TA to see if we can pay the difference for what Aqua cabins are quoting for today......nope they didnt want to do anything or offer a thing....not an upgrade or more us to a higher deck......so disappointed.

Im so upset about all this.....our first celebrity booking and we too have paid in full for a June sailing on the Equinox......i called my TA to see if we can pay the difference for what Aqua cabins are quoting for today......nope they didnt want to do anything or offer a thing....not an upgrade or more us to a higher deck......so disappointed.

Can you phone another TA in same agency or someone higher up?

It seems that you should be able to upgrade. Be quick because, (not 100% sure) but on one site they said the sale would end this Friday.

So just wondering. We are booked for the march 19, 2013 hawaii cruise and booked with a travel agent in canada. If we notice a price drop do we contact our travel agent or to celebrity direct. Noticing nothing yet which is probably to far away.

Please phone celebrity directly, my travel agent wouldn't do anything either and celebrity sorted it immediately, it's worth a try:)

Now I am confused. Can you change cabins and upgrade after final payment (we are in the UK) and pay the difference if there is any? I would love to try Aqua class if the price dropped nearer to what we have paid for our balcony but we are only a few weeks away from final payment. Thanks.

Now I am confused. Can you change cabins and upgrade after final payment (we are in the UK) and pay the difference if there is any? I would love to try Aqua class if the price dropped nearer to what we have paid for our balcony but we are only a few weeks away from final payment. Thanks.

I would do it straight away when there is a price drop, because it it much more difficult to impossible to do it after final payment. Also the flash sale might only be for a week.

Go to the Celebrity website to see what the current prices are, if price of Aqua is acceptable, find cabin you like, then contact your TA to make the change.

FYI. I called our TA this week and told him about the price drop on our June 11 Equinox sailing. He explained that the offer was for Massachusetts residents (which we are) and, for all I know, could be for other people as well. But here were my two options:

Upgrade to the highest level of AQ (we are already in an A2 cabin) for no charge.

OR

Cancel our reservation, pay the penalty as we've already made final payment and they rebook at the lower price. We save $200 per person this way (and there are 4 of us).

I think we will do #2 choice as the other cabins aren't as good (quiet, unobstructed views, no overhang) as the ones I've booked. The only advantage over the ones I've booked is that the A1 cabins he can give me are midship.

Hope that helps others.

Waihekean, thanks for the heads up on the price drop. Thought I'd take a look at Celebrity's website to see if we could get either a reduction on the cost of our cruise or, perhaps, an upgrade for a modest amount.

Spoke to an agent at Celebrity yesterday and we were able to get an upgrade from a C1 to an S1 for our cruise in August for a modest increase. We are so thrilled!!!! :D

Thanks again to you and all the other Cruise Critic members who have been incredibly helpful and insightful!

Archived