What to do with kids?

klo28910

Our June cruise stops in Key West. We will have our 11 and 13 year old daughters with us. What is there to do with kids? Most of the excursions that I see have to do with bars and pub crawls. The snorkel excursion has poor reviews with Carnival. Everyone complained of jellyfish in the water :(

The Trolley is fun and I would make sure they go to the Butterfly Conservatory, the Hemingway House,the Truman White House, and the Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Museum (free). That should take up your day!

I am not sure that I would take my kids for a stroll down Duval St in the evening but there are tons of things to do with kids in Key West. How about Ft Zachary or rent bikes? Take a walking, trolly or train tour? There are lots of companies that offer snorkeling if you are unsure of the one offered via your ship. There are tons of museums and fun tourist spots.

If you're sailing to Key West in June, jelly fish shouldn't be an issue. They don't usually come out until later in the summer. If you do a snorkel excursion book directly with Sebago instead of the cruise line. GREAT excursion!!!

The aquarium in KW is very small but your girls might enjoy it.

My suggestions include the Butterfly Conservatory on Duval, the Key West Light House for a fun climb to the top and fabulous view, a walk along the Historic Schooner Wharf docks to see all the different kinds of boats and tall ships, perhaps a ride on the Conch Train, a tour of the Eco-Discovery Museum or maybe a boat ride out to Sunset Key for lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

We're going in October with our 6 year old and we're doing the White Knuckle boat ride. Sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun from the reviews I 've read and my parents did the same type of excursion in Mexico. It's one of those speed boats that spins around and goes really fast in the water.

We are going to KW in May with our DS(18), DD(10) and DD(7). We decided to go parasailing and go on a jet ski tour. We booked both directly through Fury Watersports.

If your kids like active stuff, you might want to check them out.

Jaimee

The Toy Factory, Shipwreck Museum, Mel Fisher Museum (kids love to touch the real pirate gold), for dinner or lunch Blue Heaven is good-they have pingpong tables set up in an awesome outdoor/indoor swiss family robinson type yard, OR Meson de Pepe's-they have colorful cutout scenes of Cuba, dancing, live music..very family friendly.

If they like cats, go to the Hemingway house! There are over 40, and some are famously known to have 6 toes! Touring the Hemingway house would be educational and fun, too!

The butterfly museum, ducal during the day, the train ride and the other things posters have listed! Have fun!!!!!

PeaceLoveCruise

• 3 weeks later...

We are going to bring our daughters to Hemingway House and the aquarium where they can touch the fish. Can't remember the name as it was nearly 20 years ago on our honeymoon.

The girls are also asking to go shopping which unfortunately for my husband is a must in our family!

Archived