Most economical way from Newark Liberty Airport to Cape Liberty cruiseport

sharod

Hubby and I are taking a motorcycle cruise next April. We will be staying at the Marriott hotel near the airport.

The morning of the cruise he will be riding the Harley over to the port. I need to get there with all the luggage. What is the most economical way for me to get to the port???

There's no economical way to do this that makes sense for anyone with luggage. To get from the Marriott to the cruise port in the least expensive way requires this magical mystery tour:

(1)Shuttle from the hotel to the P4 AirTrain station at the airport.

(2)AirTrain one stop from P4 to the Newark Liberty International Amtrak/NJ Transit railroad station.

(3)NJ transit train one stop to Newark Penn Station

(4)PATH train from Newark Penn Station to Jersey City

(5)Hudson/Bergen Light Rail from Jersey City to 34th St. station in Bayonne

(6)Taxi from Bayonne Light Rail Station to the port.

This six step adventure is the urban equivalent of Sir Edmund Hillary scaling Mt. Everest. Fare would be about $20.

Now for the best way (particularly with luggage in tow) to make your trip from the hotel to the port: Book a car service. Cost should be about $45 to $50.

There's no economical way to do this that makes sense for anyone with luggage. To get from the Marriott to the cruise port in the least expensive way requires this magical mystery tour:

(1)Shuttle from the hotel to the P4 AirTrain station at the airport.

(2)AirTrain one stop from P4 to the Newark Liberty International Amtrak/NJ Transit railroad station.

(3)NJ transit train one stop to Newark Penn Station

(4)PATH train from Newark Penn Station to Jersey City

(5)Hudson/Bergen Light Rail from Jersey City to 34th St. station in Bayonne

(6)Taxi from Bayonne Light Rail Station to the port.

This six step adventure is the urban equivalent of Sir Edmund Hillary scaling Mt. Everest. Fare would be about $20.

Now for the best way (particularly with luggage in tow) to make your trip from the hotel to the port: Book a car service. Cost should be about $45 to $50.

Okay, that just makes my head hurt:eek::D

Do you have any car services you could recommend?

Okay, that just makes my head hurt:eek::D

Do you have any car services you could recommend?

Some of our experts here have recommended this service: Independent Driver - 888-816-0973 ext 0 . They may also offer a shared ride service which would be less expensive.

Some of our experts here have recommended this service: Independent Driver - 888-816-0973 ext 0 . They may also offer a shared ride service which would be less expensive.

Thank you!

The Marriott is one of the nicest hotels at the airport, but also one of the most expensive. Many cruisers pick less expensive options like Elizabeth Courtyard, Country Inns, Fairfield Inn, etc. If you are by yourself, your chances are greater of being able to hook up with other cruisers from your roll call to share transportation.

Look at Country Inns - the regular room, not the ruise package. For one person you can buy a port transfer on their shuttle for $35 rt.

I'm confused as to how you, your husband, the luggage, and the Harley are getting to the airport if no car is involved.

The Marriott is one of the nicest hotels at the airport, but also one of the most expensive. Many cruisers pick less expensive options like Elizabeth Courtyard, Country Inns, Fairfield Inn, etc. If you are by yourself, your chances are greater of being able to hook up with other cruisers from your roll call to share transportation.

Look at Country Inns - the regular room, not the ruise package. For one person you can buy a port transfer on their shuttle for $35 rt.

I'm confused as to how you, your husband, the luggage, and the Harley are getting to the airport if no car is involved.

The TA we are going through uses the Marriott. I'm thinking group booking. The same time frame this year is $144, parking is $10/day. The parking is them same even if you have a vehicle towing an enclosed trailer. So, essentially, 2 vehicles.

Hubby will ride the motorcycle to the port. I need transportation, with the luggage to the port.

I have not booked a hotel yet, and will definitely consider other options. But until something better comes along, Marriott it is!!!

ETA: I checked Country Inns, sleep/park/cruise, and it is $286. Same time frame, but this year. It may save me about $40 to stay here. I will check it out once rates for next year come out.

OK - so you also have a car. Look at stay123.com and trinityreservations.com at the end of the year for park/sleep options - much cheaper than booking through the hotels. This year Country Inns is $150 incl tax, Fairfield Inn is $138 incl tax, and the Ramada is $112 incl tax for hotel and 14 nights parking. CI and FI offer free breakfast. If you stay at CI, you should be able to purchase a single cruise transfer for $35.

OK - so you also have a car. Look at stay123.com and trinityreservations.com at the end of the year for park/sleep options - much cheaper than booking through the hotels. This year Country Inns is $150 incl tax, Fairfield Inn is $138 incl tax, and the Ramada is $112 incl tax for hotel and 14 nights parking. CI and FI offer free breakfast. If you stay at CI, you should be able to purchase a single cruise transfer for $35.

Thank you so much for this info!!!

Bayonne Taxi and Shuttle has both private cars and shared ride shuttles ($15.00 pp for shuttles) going from Newark airport and Newark Area hotels to Cape Liberty/Bayonne Cruise Terminal They also have a dispatcher at the terminal to get you on a shuttle (shared) or a private car or taxi, if you want to spend the extra $$$ or are in a hurry upon your return.

Bayonne Taxi & Shuttle

(201) 339-5000

Archived