12 step program for cruiseaholics?

Terre

Chanda, you aren't going to believe this, but not five minutes ago, before I read your thread that new Carnival commercial came on TV, I called my DH into the living room to see it and sat here dancing in my chair (and singing). Then I read your post. Too funny. Oh yea, my name is Joyce and I'm a cruisaholic!

Bjboothman, I can be in the other room and hear the commerical and I drop what I am doing and go running just to see it. I have a HUGE problem!!!!

We went out to dinner with my in-laws on Satruday, they are going with us in December, and boy did I talk their ears off about this upcoming cruise. Well, I have been talking their ears off since we booked it in February!!! :D They say they feel like they have already been on a cruise because it is all I talk about!!!! I have a HUGE problem!!!

If we have to have an addiction, I guess we have picked a good one..... To bad it is an expensive addiction to have, but it is worth it!!! I'm trying desperatly to fit a cruise in before our December Sapphire cruise!!!! Probably not going to happen but it is nice to look and maybe see a great deal that I can't pass up!!!! I have a HUGE problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chanda :)

Has anybody seen the tshirt on Cruise Addicts that has a guy wearing a straw hat and cruise clothes with a sign that says "I work for Cruise" or somehting like that? I think it is great.

I haven't seen that but it sounds cute! I know I would buy one!

Has anybody seen the tshirt on Cruise Addicts that has a guy wearing a straw hat and cruise clothes with a sign that says "I work for Cruise" or somehting like that? I think it is great.

I have a tote bag with this on it made by a fellow cruiser. She sells bags on Ebay...do a search for ragbags4u.

Out of the Ooze and Born to Cruise T-Shirt

from

http://www.evolvefish.com/fish/product648.html

are perfect to help other Cruise Critic members find you!

from

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=17

Enjoy the first in our Signature Collection of Cruise Addicts T-Shirts

from

http://www.sruniforms.com/sunshop/index.php/action/item/id/12/prevaction/category/previd/bestsellers/prevstart/

Inaugural cruise T-shirts hot item on Queen Mary 2

from

http://www.canada.com/travel/story.html?id=f4737f1a-319c-4918-8f28-1b8ee0d7780d

Gold Star Line

from

http://www.cafepress.com/goldstarline

Crossing The T's - T-shirts, worn by cruise ship passengers

from

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FCP/is_2_22/ai_65131162

I forgot something else that I do that make DH roll his eyes at me -- I watch CSI Miami hoping to see a Carnival ship or any ship for that matter! When I do see one, I go berserk and he just looks at me like, "what the #$@ is wrong with you?" Oh, and I check the bridge cams everyday, too!

I am not ashamed to say that I have given this "illness" to about 50 others. :D I have seen them drool at the prospect of grilled lobster and the thought that you can eat 12 times a day. I have watched them scrimp and save to buy that inside cabin located on the bottom deck, just so they can satisfy the intense craving in their stomach. I have also seen them turn away from their children to get a fix from a friend with pictures.

Does it bother me? No...the more I can infect the happier I am. Just call me the "Cruise Pusher".

Deena

I forgot something else that I do that make DH roll his eyes at me -- I watch CSI Miami hoping to see a Carnival ship or any ship for that matter! When I do see one, I go berserk and he just looks at me like, "what the #$@ is wrong with you?" Oh, and I check the bridge cams everyday, too!

You do know you can download the bridgecams onto your computer desktop, don't you? I watch the Coral Princess' comings and goings all day at work and especially enjoy it's trips thru the canal every 10 days - imagining my upcoming trip.

OMG, BJBoothman, you must tell me how to do that! I'd love to have the bridge cam downlowded on my computer, but then I'd probably never get any work done and then I'd lose my job and have no money to cruise...on the other hand, I could get a job on a cruise ship and cruise forever! Yeah, yeah, tell me how to do it!:D:D

Hello, we have come to admit our entire family is addicted to cruising. Even our young son wants to know, "How many days to the BIG boat Mommy?". This is embarassing, but at 5 years old he can sing the song (hear the steel drums) "Don't worry....about a thing.....Every little thing is gonna be all right (complete with island accent)" :cool: .

We have dedicted our bedroom to cruising. The walls are painted the blue color of the ocean in a St Martin painting. They are filled with ship photos. We are running out of walls to hang the photos on. Have decided to take over the office next :o .

Nobody asks us about upcoming vacations. They save time by asking, "How long to your next cruise?". They are assured of getting an answer of 100 days or less. We have found going more than 100 days between cruises is scary and unhealthy :eek: .

We feel if you are going to be addicted to cruising, at least have the decency to include the whole family. No child should be left behind!

OMG, BJBoothman, you must tell me how to do that! I'd love to have the bridge cam downlowded on my computer, but then I'd probably never get any work done and then I'd lose my job and have no money to cruise...on the other hand, I could get a job on a cruise ship and cruise forever! Yeah, yeah, tell me how to do it!:D:D

Here: http://www.princess.com/downloads/

On the right you will see Webcam Desktops - you can choose from the Caribbean, Coral, Diamond, and Sapphire Princesses - I have the Coral as it's my next Princess cruise (and brings back memories of the last time). It is really REALLY cool and keeps me going during the workday!

Okay, I am in serious withdrawal. I haven't had to go more than a year between cruises before and this is killing me. :( I downloaded the desktop and the bridgecam. I am haunting these message boards, trying to get a "fix". I am trying on gowns and swimsuits. I am watching my old cruise videos. I am even planning next year's cruise. Still 40 days to go!

I guess the only distraction I'm going to have right now is shopping! Gotta pick up a few more cruise essentials!

Renee

Oh Renee I hear you girlfriend. Shpping and packing are the only way to save my sanity at this time. I don't know how I am going to handle it when I get even closer.

Have you been to Tahiti yet? If not, you are going to experience one of the most beautiful places on earth. When you walk along the beach in about ankle deep water you will see tropical fish all around. It feels like you are in a dream. When we flew out of LAX at 9 P.M., I told my then 6 yo son that we were flying to Never-never land, "First star to the right and straight on til morning".

My only caution is to stay away from Hinano beer. That stuff is the greenest beer you will ever taste. YUCK!

Have fun

Deb

I'm so glad to have found this "therapy" group. Ha! Let's see, we cruise in 3 weeks and 3 days....on the 5/28 Caribbean Princess to the Eastern. I've been suffering this illness since September 2003, when we took the plunge and traded our money spent on summer vacations in Destin, Florida and tried cruising. Boy, what a mistake. Do you know how many hours I've spent on the Travel Channel, looking for cruise shows? This is our 3rd cruise in 20 months.

I have to admit, my wife and I are bad parents. We're now are taking our kids (22 and 19 year olds). I guess they'll be hooked in 3 weeks also. I guess it's something they can pass along to our future grandkids!!

Seriously, where else can you get treated like a King and Queen, all the food you could possibly eat for zero dollars, non-stop entertainment, fun and games, NO PAGERS or CELL PHONES, no email (I refuse to sign up for it on the ship....hey, what's the point of taking a vacation out of the country if you're going to read email???), sleeping with the balcony door open, listening to the waves, etc.?

OK, cruise industry. I want a percentage of the cut, since I am the perfect salesperson for your companies. NO? Well then, could I at least get some on-board ship credit?

Mike

Deb,

Yep, our first cruise in Tahiti. We've only done the Caribbean before. We are so excited it's all we can think/talk about (see above). Just got back from picking up a few more things. Retail is the only therapy for me right now. ;)

Trying to figure a way to cruise more than once a year, but what to do with the kids? Can't afford to take them every year, though they want to go too.

Renee

My name is Justin. I am a Cruiseaholic. It's been seven months since my last cruise, unfortunately the only 12 steps I want to take lead up a gangway to a Grand Class cruise

Hello, this is Barbara and I have freely admitted being Totally Addicted!! I have gotten such a laugh from all of you!!

Justin, I love your 12 steps, right up the gangway!!!

Anyone been on the Princess cruise 15 days from LA to Hawaii and back? We have a cruise booked but what will I do as that comes and goes!!?? I think always having two booked may be the way to go!! :D

Renee,

Our trip to Tahiti was a land based vacation.

I have waited 5 years for this cruise. So I am in BAAADDD shape.

Now that the kids are starting to leave the nest we should have a lot more $$$ to go cuising. :D

Deb,

Five years?! Omigosh, I thought I had it bad. I told my husband in a few more years the kids should be able to stay home while we cruise. Out of the house completely - - Oh Joy! You can make up for lost time now :D

Renee

:eek: I thought I was mad! Glad to see there are others with this painful addiction. It started for me last year, when I found CC,so I blame all you lot for this affliction :mad: .I had cruised before this,but I resumed "Normal" life after,but not this time. I even have the" rocking' sensation for which I am currently taking medication for. I have to check on CC several times a day,have worn out several travel brochures and because no one else in my family like cruising I am not allowed to mention the word to them,even my 7yo grandson walks in on me at the computer and says Nanny not cruise ships again!!!! I can't help it. I want to cruise from America next time.Trying to figure out how to do this by myself as I don't know who will go with me. I want to go on one of those super liners at least once in my life,then maybe this madness will leave me!! I will be satisfied,I hope.I am not a greedy person and believe in moderation in all things.So I will be satisfied with 1 perfect cruise on a supership.Then I will be cured :) Of course if it is not perfect in every way I will have to keep at it till they get it right!! :p

My Chorale Director and his wife are now becoming addicts. Just about 3 years ago, he'd never been on a ship and was afraid of getting seasick. He mastered that-and wasn't, and now......... well, they've been on cruises with members of our community, went to Alaska last year, and last night his wife told me they are going to Tahiti in January!! The flood gates have opened. They have to fly there to get the ship.The brochure came in the mail and they were hooked. It's the Tahitian Princess-an offer they couldn't refuse!! Wow. They are indeed inductees now in our addicts forum!! Lynne

Archived