12 step program for cruiseaholics?

Terre

Hi my name is Becky and I'm addicted to cruising. I have it so bad with research and planning them all the time I had to start my own businees and sell them to other people:D .

I currently have one booked. But after that we are building a new home and husband says we cannot cruise until that is paid off in 2009:eek:

(I don't think that is going to happen, I will start whining)

Granduer of the Seas - Bermuda 9/05

But after that we are building a new home and husband says we cannot cruise until that is paid off in 2009:eek:

Uh oh, sounds like someone is going to be going into withdrawls!!

(My DH tried to do that to me last year when we bought a house, so I got around it by going on a cruise with my sister!! No withdrawls for me!!) ;)

Here are my 12 steps-enjoy!!

1) Think about cruising

2) Watch cruise commercials on tv

3) Look at every cruiseline website you can find

4) Watch old Love Boat reruns

5) Make towel animals in your spare time

6) Book a cruise!!!

7) Count down the months..and days..and hours...and.....

8)Get ready and PACK!!!

9) Change your mind, and repack!!

10) Travel to your cruise destination.

11) GO ON A CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12) Goback to #1 ansd start over again!!!

Right now I'm on #9!!! Two days until the CP!!!!! Yes, I am addicted--and proud of it!!!!!!

Karen

My name is Susan. I am totally addicted to cruising since 1990. Even before I became a widow , my dearly departed DH would cruise with me anytime I wanted to go . I have convinced my entire extended family to cruise with me. I have clothes that are strictly used for cruising. I read cruise boards regularly. I still get excited with sail away and the blasts of the horn as we pull away from the dock. I delight in making all the arrangments. I am getting ready to go on my 5th cruise in 2.5 yrs in 2 weeks, I thought about counseling, but instead I am making plans to take my son and family this fall! Happy sailing to everyone.

Denial isn't a River in Egypt. Did someone just say Nile Cruise? When? Which line?

"Easy Does It" Isn't that a cruise line jingle????

I KNOW it's the first cruise that gets you sucked in. But I can't help myself. The peer pressure from the forums is too much. I MUST experience the rush.

:)

We have some very creative cruiseaholics! Karen, I love your 12-step program, especially the part about starting over with number 1!

Virginia, I can relate with having "cruise clothes". When I go shopping, I'm always thinking, "Can I wear this on the ship", "Would this work for formal night", etc...

I think that's part of the addiction -- everything we purchase must meet cruise requirements!:D

Does constantly feeling the need to check the bridgecams on all Princess Cruiseliners at every possible opportunity, scanning message boards daily, and trying to hurry up and get this year's vacation out of the way (we cruise every other year) so I can book our next cruise, mean I'm addicted????? If so, count me in! :D

Welcome to the group of fellow cruise addicts. The Princess Cruise line has taken great care in providing a twelve step program to help curb our ever increasing demand for more. They are:

1. Eastern Caribbean

2. Western Caribbean

3. Southern Caribbean

4. Voyage of the Glaciers

5. Asia/India/East Africa

6. Singapore to Sydney

7. Canada & New England

8. Mediterranean

9. Northern Europe

10. Panama Canal

11. Hawaii/Tahiti

12. South Africa/Indian Ocean

Ron

:o Hi, I'm Bob and I am a cruisaholic.

(all y'all say "Hi Bob!" here)

Its been, ...it's been ....it's (sob)..... Ohmygawd, it's been ...FIVE MONTHS since my last cruise (sniff)

( let me hear your "Aw, poor Bob" here)

I do my best to keep focus on work, but just can't seem to keep away from those daily sneak peeks at the online bridge cams. Oh where is my Pacific Princess today? And who can forget our first...the Sun Princess - is she someplace new? I take those furtive looks at faraway and inviting ports, recognizing St. Thomas and Moorea without even looking at the titles. Oh, should I look one more time? What is that other ship in the picture and have I ever made its acquaintance?

... oh help me! Its soooo hard. And yes, Princess has our deposit for next time (say "Yes, Brother, Way to Go" here) . It would be so easy to just call and arrange that private meeting in some out of the way place. Just me, my DW, and 1200 or so other soon-to-be friends... Sneaking away to somewhere that my coworkers can't share. (hee)

I'm resisting and being a good little worker until some fool plays an Enya song (I hear your sharp intake of breath here as you anticipate the horror) and "Sail Away, Sail Away..." captures my spirit and I am gone on a journey of imagination and memory, and it's steel drums on deck and show bands and....

oh.

what was I saying? Yes I'm resisting (say "Amen" here - or say "Why?", questioningly.)

Why doesn't work have "formal day" at least once every 10-12 days? My poor tux is getting lonely and dusty and wants to get OUT. And why can't I get a badge at work that says "President" after my fifth year of work - after all I have one that says "Captain" from Princess? (say "Amen, Hallelujah, Brother" here)

So friends, yes, I AM a cruisaholic. And yes I too am looking forward to that golden day where we can cross that gangplank to the giant ship of white (shout "AMEN"), and be able to say in the words of the Reverend Dr. King

"Free at last, Free AT LAST, THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, We're FREE AT LAST"

... now, what's the drink of the day?

Is it bad that I stay up late at night on CC and the RCI site?

Why should me bride be rolling her eyes when I mention booking our next cruise soon?

Is a message from Google, thanking me for searching for cruise info 356 times a day, an indicator of a serious problem?

And should my next be eastern or southern?

I'll be at the rockwall, ya'll need me...:cool:

Welcome all you new members to Openly Addicted to Cruising.

This is why we all come to Cruise Critic every day and get our fix reading about cruising.

There is no cure for this disease...

31 Cruises since 1965

My Dear Cruiseaholic Friends,

I have already admitted in an earlier posting to my addiction. It's been almost two months since my last cruise and my next one is not till December but I need a fix. I can't go on like this. Even CruiseCritic message boards can't help me. I'm looking at booking an Alaskan cruise for my DS and me for July 30 but I need to do this like I need a hole in my head.

I'm weak and need intervention... Help! Pay for my July cruise! :p

Welcome to the group of fellow cruise addicts. The Princess Cruise line has taken great care in providing a twelve step program to help curb our ever increasing demand for more. They are:

1. Eastern Caribbean

2. Western Caribbean

3. Southern Caribbean

4. Voyage of the Glaciers

5. Asia/India/East Africa

6. Singapore to Sydney

7. Canada & New England

8. Mediterranean

9. Northern Europe

10. Panama Canal

11. Hawaii/Tahiti

12. South Africa/Indian Ocean

Ron

And Ron!! This was HOT!!!!

Hi! My name is Barbara and as you can see by my CC name I opening admit to Addiction!! I need some advice! There seem to be no addicts on our next cruise. Oh, there are people who have posted, but the roll call thread gets thrown into the deep! No one posts! My question is shall I let it go by the wayside or keep it alive by myself?? Maybe some of you could stop by and say "hello"??

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer a fellow addict!

Barbara :D

Does only checking three or four sites a day with only one of them being email, count? Does going down to Ft. Lauderdale with the idea of not leaving the city until I see one of my ships in port count?

Does going down to Ft. Lauderdale and not seeing ANY of my ships in port and wanting go on the local gambling boat just to get on a cruise count?

Does knowing the schedules of the ships in port and their destinations count?

How about trying to eyeball our last cabin location while going across the 17th St. Causeway Bridge in heavy traffic?

And, how about always taking a picture from across the channel from the ship of me in front of it whether I'm going on it or not-- until 6 mos from now?

Or, going down to Ft. Lauderdale specifically to see our ship come in at 5:15AM with all of her lights on, recalling how it was coming up the coast and sitting out there waiting for the pilot boat to arrive, and then watching her dock??

How about joining a roll call for a group's cruise that you won't even be going on -just to enjoy the cammaraderie and anticipation of cruising, and then joining them by webcam everyday at their ports--just because you've been on that particular ship before?

And now,finally, how about being on 3 different roll call threads-including the cruise you'll be going on-finally-and the other two from cruises you thought you were going on and ended up not-but you'd already bonded with the original group???

Honestly, I didn't think I was this addicted, but I guess I am!!!! Lynne

Hello Barbara,

I have seen many people "bump" a thread just to keep it out in front of people. My Oct cruise is the same. There has to be more then one other couple on our cruise. The cruise right after mine has over 1,000 postings so maybe mine will become active, like yours will.

Take care, Ron

Back less than a week from my last cruise, and here I am! Checking out my next cruise ... to Alaska on the Sun Princess. Am I addicted to cruising? I certainly am. Finally an addiction we can all be proud of.

I am having such a hard time waiting that long especially when the cruise commercials come on TV!!!!! I just sit in the chair and dance to the music. Is that pathetic or what!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Chanda, you aren't going to believe this, but not five minutes ago, before I read your thread that new Carnival commercial came on TV, I called my DH into the living room to see it and sat here dancing in my chair (and singing). Then I read your post. Too funny. Oh yea, my name is Joyce and I'm a cruisaholic!

Archived