Where does the Eurodam dock..St. Thomas?

CondoDiva

A couple of years ago I was on the Eurodam and it docked in another location in St. Thomas............we are going in April and wondering if it still docks at the other dock....(not the one with all the ships!)

Trying to plan our getaway to St. John with 5 other ships in port....ugh!!! We are renting a boat in St. John to go snorkeling on our own and I want to get there as fast as we can and plan our return to the ship with enough time to get back with all the guests from 6 total ships in port!!!

Thanks!!

We have been on Eurodam five cruises and always docked at Crown Bay. All HAL ships, as a regular course, dock at Crown Bay as do Princess ships.

There are rare exceptions when they are either docked at Havensight or even anchored in inner harbor... we did that once on Noordam.

It is probable you will dock at Crown Bay.

A couple of years ago I was on the Eurodam and it docked in another location in St. Thomas............we are going in April and wondering if it still docks at the other dock....(not the one with all the ships!)

Trying to plan our getaway to St. John with 5 other ships in port....ugh!!! We are renting a boat in St. John to go snorkeling on our own and I want to get there as fast as we can and plan our return to the ship with enough time to get back with all the guests from 6 total ships in port!!!

Thanks!!

3 weeks ago our ship, Noordam and Oasis of The Seas were docked in Crown's Bay (Spelling??) there were 3 other ships docked right in town.

I have been told, but am not positive of the fact myself (other than my own experience), that Crown's Bay is where HAL docks......

Joanie

Holland American ships dock at Crowne Point - for $44.00 you can buy a ferry pass to St. John's - a 45 min ride - and it leaves right from the dock beside the ships. When we were there in March on the Maasdam there was only one other ship beside us - Seabourne. We bought the tickets as a ships tour - but, once you get to St. John's you are on your own - mindful of the time when the ferry returns to St. Thomas.

gigianne, are you perhaps thinking of the Water Island ferry?

Because, after reading your post, I Googled to verify, and couldn't find any ferry departing from where Eurodam docks except the Water Island one.

I can't post a link to this website, but for ferry info I visit vinow dot com

That site only mentions Red Hook and Charlotte Amalie ("town") as places to board the ferry for St. John.

While the town ferry dock is closer, for my money it's got to be Red Hook. Ferry from town means longer on the ferry, and it can be rough. Stealing from RuthC: "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" :eek:

hmmmm...I did not know there was a ferry in Crown Bay, having been in St Thomasa couple of times before, we took a taxi from Crowne Bay to Red Hook and from there took the ferry out of Red Hook.

If you do that, beware of the horrendous traffic. I thought 1 hour and 15 minutes would be enough to get back from Red Hook to Crown Bay. Not!

We just barely made it back to the ship, with a taxi driver who was very upset (he litterally said: what you do taking the 2 o'clock ferry if you need to be there at 3.30! You take the ONE O'CLOCK ferry!!!!!!).

Let's just say that in 2003 it was enough time, but in 2012....not anymore.

The ferry's leave Cruz Bay, St John, every hour.

(the ferry from Charlotte Amalie only goes in the morning and evening)

From website:

St. Thomas - St. John Passenger Ferry

Passenger ferries operate between St. Thomas (Red Hook & Charlotte Amalie) and St. John (Cruz Bay).

From Red Hook:

Transportation Services and Varlack Ventures

Rates: One-way, $6.00/Adults and $1.00/Children ages 2-11. Seniors are $1.50 (VI Residents only, 62 years and up, proof of age must be shown). There is a charge of $2.50/piece for luggage/boxes.

Telephone: (340) 776-6282, (340) 776-6412

Time: 15 to 20 minutes

Leaving Red Hook, St. Thomas

6:30 am, 7:30 am then hourly from 8:00 am to Midnight

Leaving Cruz Bay, St. John

Hourly from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm

From Charlotte Amalie:

Transportation Services and Varlack Ventures

Rates: One-way, $12.00/Adults and $3.50/Children ages 2-11. Seniors are $6.00 (VI Residents only, 62 years and up, proof of age must be shown). There is a charge of $2.50/piece for luggage/boxes.

Telephone: (340) 776-6282, (340) 776-6412

Time: 40 to 45 minutes

Leaving Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

10:00 am

1:00 pm

5:30 pm

Leaving Cruz Bay, St. John

8:45 am

11:15 am

3:45 pm

Archived