Full blog (with pics) from our Eclipse sailing 17th March 2012.

HappyChappy

Terrific review, thank you so much for taking the time and effort to write it. We depart from Fort Lauderdale in 2 weeks for our first ever cruise, same ship and itinerary as you so delighted to read this and the excitement builds.

Btw best of luck in the 6 nations!

• 4 months later...
Piper you talk about chips. I agree pie chips and beans is amazing but this was such a coupon buster I could only imagine them with beans. With chips you need to add a loaf of plain bread or a couple of buttered rolls. Slap the beans in the middle of the roll then pack it with chips. Or if feeling brave just put the pie in the roll. Non scots have no idea what culinary delights junk food can bring.

And let me tell u about the chips. Absolutely sexual.

In the MDR with my steak every night. Really good chips but the ones

At Gulfstream Racecourse were simply sensational. Like my wee mum used to make. Absolutely incredible.

The Americans fair know how to make good chips. (ok French fries to u guys who have no idea what a chip is.

What u call chips IS NOT CHIPS!!!! N

Loved the review! Couldn't help but read it in a Glaswegian accent (which I had until I was 5)

Know what you mean about chips... Does help owning a F&C shop, so it's my guilty pleasure on a Friday!

We're sailing on the 6/4/13 and can't wait to sail an S class! After reading your review I am now more excited!

Thanks!

I have just read this review - loved it and hope we enjoy our Eclipse cruise as much in October. We did the same one you did a few years ago. Didn't realise so many Scots read this site!!:

Thanks for nice replies. It was a pleasant wee surprise to see this thread bumped this morning.

Hopefully give some more folk a chance to have a read at my style of reviewing.

We are sailing on a Carnival ship in June and I canny wait. We are going Carnival this time because our 9yr old tornado will be with us.

But rest assured we will have another 'just the 2 of us' as soon as finances allow.

For what its worth that cruise last March was undoubtedly one of the highlights of our 25 years of marriage, helped by the cracking people we met on board.

Archived