Ironing prices

cherrypop

I forgot the exact pricing, but they usually have a special on the first day of 1/2 price for all pressing.

Thank you so much for the quick response it will save me a lot of time pre cruise.

Cherie

I'm confused. :confused:

Don't they have irons in the cabins?

No they don't have irons in the cabins and you can't bring them on with you.

I have heard you can ask to borrow one, but I don't iron on vacation, I bring clothes that don't require pressing so I don't have personal experience just what I have read.

We are sailing on the Star in two weeks and was wondering if anyone knew the price of sending men's shirts out for ironing only.

Cherie

I'll share a little trick with you and it costs no money.As you are gathering together your garments for packing,start placing clothing in those DRY CLEAN BAGS that you have been saving for this day! Believe it or not,I been doing this for over 10 years and it works like a charm.Once you have collected enough of the clear plastic bags,you may reuse them over and over again for future cruises.Have fun!:)

I'll share a little trick with you and it costs no money.As you are gathering together your garments for packing,start placing clothing in those DRY CLEAN BAGS that you have been saving for this day! Believe it or not,I been doing this for over 10 years and it works like a charm.Once you have collected enough of the clear plastic bags,you may reuse them over and over again for future cruises.Have fun!:)

There are a lot of tips and tricks to packing some what wrinkle free. Unfortunately they don't always work and/or in all situations. I agree with this but your suitcase still has to be packed in a certain way for this to be of benefit. If you have a full (not stuffed) suitcase with just clothes against clothes this will usually work. if you are flying and if your suitcase is not full then your clothes will slide around inside the suitcase and still crush at least one side of your garment. If you pack something harder near that clothing (ie razor bag, shoes etc) it will indent and again have the material in the drycleaning bag crush and wrinkle. I normally do not travel with a completely full suitcase (leaving room for souvenirs), therefore my clothes will move around during traveling. Even if I wasn't purposly leaving room, it would be far cheaper to have a couple of clothing pieces ironed when I got there than to buy new luggage just to fit exactly what this trip needed for space.

There are a lot of tips and tricks to packing some what wrinkle free. Unfortunately they don't always work and/or in all situations. I agree with this but your suitcase still has to be packed in a certain way for this to be of benefit. If you have a full (not stuffed) suitcase with just clothes against clothes this will usually work. if you are flying and if your suitcase is not full then your clothes will slide around inside the suitcase and still crush at least one side of your garment. If you pack something harder near that clothing (ie razor bag, shoes etc) it will indent and again have the material in the drycleaning bag crush and wrinkle. I normally do not travel with a completely full suitcase (leaving room for souvenirs), therefore my clothes will move around during traveling. Even if I wasn't purposly leaving room, it would be far cheaper to have a couple of clothing pieces ironed when I got there than to buy new luggage just to fit exactly what this trip needed for space.

There ya go! I always travel with a full suitcase which contains clothing & throw all of my leftover crap into a second bag!Thats why it always works for me!:cool:

$4 to iron a shirt. It takes me at least 10 minutes to iron one (the sleeves kill me), though my wife can do it faster. So six shirts an hour would be the equivalent of $24/hr if I'm not wrong. Certainly not worth it to me to fuss with it.

Now this does assume that the pressing service is quality. A bad job isn't worth it at any price as you'll spend at least twice as long pressing out the crappy creases that they put in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I normally do not travel with a completely full suitcase (leaving room for souvenirs), therefore my clothes will move around during traveling.

I use those puffy plastic air bags to fill in the spaces when I pack. They don't cause wrinkles and fill in the remaining space in my suitcase nicely. I rarely end up with many wrinkles and most of those will hang out after a few minutes in a steamy bathroom.

I use those puffy plastic air bags to fill in the spaces when I pack. They don't cause wrinkles and fill in the remaining space in my suitcase nicely. I.

Great idea I never thought of that. THanks

You have to so love CC and all the wonderful information you can gather from everyone.

I use those puffy plastic air bags to fill in the spaces when I pack. They don't cause wrinkles and fill in the remaining space in my suitcase nicely. I rarely end up with many wrinkles and most of those will hang out after a few minutes in a steamy bathroom.

Space? Space in a suitcase? Strange grouping of words:D

Wonderful idea, though.

laundering socks costs more than I pay for new ones. Yikes

Agreed!

But if the alternative is to pack a larger suitcase and have to pay checked luggage fees to the airlines, etc., the laundry prices might still be a bargain. At least that's the way I see it. :-)

+1

I would much rather spend 20+ min. of my vacation ironing shirts then spend 20 bucks to have it done for me. Think of the amazing shore excursion I could do for $20....

You people make me sick....all your spending... what's next? A demolition yacht derby?

Well since I have arthritis in my elbows and fingers and it hurts to even blow dry my hair, I'd be more than happy to pay someone to iron my clothes for me if necessary.

You are absolutely right! They cost no money and keep anything you put in them free of wrinkles - I only picked this trick up 5 or 6 years ago and it changed my packing life:D

Archived