Big Applause for Celebrity Silhouette Crew

ulysse

Hi All,

My wife and I just got back from Celebrity Silhouette 12 days cruise sailing from Bayonne (17-Mar-2012) in the Eastern Caribbean. We had a blast and a memorable experience. Of course this wouldn't be possible without the professionalism of the crew. We've sailed on many Celebrity ships before and I have a feeling that the service provided on Celebrity Silhouette is a notch higher.

Anyway, these are my 2 heroes on the ship:

- Lisa, the cruise director for being so approachable, personnable and talented. Without her energy, we wouldn't have appreciated and enjoyed the entertainment as much. She reminds me of Liza Minnelli and yes she looks slimer in person versus on TV ;).

- Jose, serving us in Oceanview Café. We see him all the time (breakfast, lunch, dinner and even late at night). Sometime I am wondering if he even go to bed?

Too bad we didn't took any pictures with them but we thank them both from the bottom of our heart for their effort and dedication and making our trip the most enjoyable and memorable.

I agree :)

You got on as we got off and I was very much impressed with the staff on this cruise.

They were always friendly and professional. A pleasure.

On our last Equinox cruise we grew to appreciate a couple of the servers. Ahmed at the Oceanview Bar and Karen in Bacio's.

I was so sad that I did not get pictures of either. But low and behold, Karen was on or Silhouette cruise! Got that picture!

My DH and I just got back from the same cruise and my biggest hero is:

Carlos Castillo, our waiter in the MDR. Half way through our cruise our Assistant Waiter got fired. Carlos had to pick up the slack because the other asst. waiters assigned to him were obviously still in training. Carlos did not lose his wonderful, happy, smiling personality and worked overtime to make our MDR experience one of the best we've ever had on Celebrity.

I will be writing a letter to Celebrity regarding him and I also did mention it on our comment card.

Other great service was from our stateroom attendant Finton and bar server Emmanuel Antonio as well as the Asst. Maitre'd in Bistro on 5 Daniella.

Silhouette has one of the finest crew we have ever sailed with.

Captains Club hostess is Donette Fletcher. Did not utilize her services, but she did leave voice mails for all CC members at the beginning of the cruise to let us know of her availability.

We were on Silhouette with the OP and agree that the crew was sensational!

We adored Karen in Cafe al Bacio. She is such a charmer! She has been recognized as an employee of the year which she most definitely deserves.

We're hoping the crew remains the same for our May cruise! Who was the Captain's Club hostess?

Donette is a doll. We spoke with her numerous times at the Elite Social Hour and also when we had dinner with the Hotel Director and Associate Hotel Director on the last formal night. Hopefully she will still be on board when you sail. She is

Donette is a doll. We spoke with her numerous times at the Elite Social Hour and also when we had dinner with the Hotel Director and Associate Hotel Director on the last formal night. Hopefully she will still be on board when you sail. She is

do you remember the name of the Hotel director, and also the guest Relations Manager ?

Thanks

do you remember the name of the Hotel director, and also the guest Relations Manager ?

Thanks

The HD is Damien OConnor , GRM is Alex ( can't recall his last name, American chap) he's great at DANCING WITH THE STRIPES.

Both awesome!

I do have to agree with comments on the crew of this SI.

we were on in Febraury and found them absolutely outstanding. The cleaning staff within the public areas were just so polite...

Karen is Al Bacio is a scream, how big is that smile, and nothing is too difficult .

Anyway - I'm back on soon and can't wait to catch up with them all again

Thanks

The Hotel Director is Damien O'Connor. I don't remember the Guest Relations Manager, but have the dailies at home in a folder and can post it later, if no one else comes up with it.

Yes, we are hoping to see Donette again! We sailed with her on the Eclipse last May and thoroughly enjoyed her company at the Elite Social gatherings.

We're hoping the crew remains the same for our May cruise! Who was the Captain's Club hostess?

I was on the Sil in October and again in February so most of the crew was different. Service was still top quality however.

We sailed the Silhouette twice out of NJ -- hate to see her go! The crew -- especially the "little people" are exceptional. Every night coming out of "Blu" there was a young man taking specialty reservations who was a comic. He must have been recognized for his lighthearted ways as was moved to the outdoor restaurant when we ate there to brighten up the mood, which he did so well.

And yes, we had Jose in the MDR in December and he remembered us in March and whenever we came in for lunch, made sure we were seated in his area.

I found even the shop store folks to be friendly and never tired of me "asking to see something" and never pushy.

On night strolls all officers were friendly and wanted to chat with you -- I think this comes from the Captain -- both Captains we had were friendly, chatty, still had their aire of professionalism, but were approachable.

Loved the crew of the Silhouette. CD's -- we had both Lisa and Paul -- both different but wonderful. And for the first time ever on Celebrity, I was happy with the quality and diversification of the activities. Good job.

Here's hoping Celebrity brings back a ship in 2013 for us Easterners to enjoy. Vicki

Yes, we are hoping to see Donette again! We sailed with her on the Eclipse last May and thoroughly enjoyed her company at the Elite Social gatherings.

Im not sure if Donette has ever been on the Eclipse. (stand corrected if she has)

Dont get confused with "Jonette" who is the CC host on the EC, and she was definitely on last April when we were on.

Donette is from Canada and Jonette from Asia.

We thought exactly the same when we got on the SI in February this year, expecting to see Jonette and then meeting Donette. :eek:

Anyway - both excellent CC hosts

Same thing with us, we've made sure to seat in the same area for breakfasts, lunches and afternoon teas in order to be served by the same people everyday and get a chance to know them better. We prefered focusing on 2 to 3 crew members rather than trying to know them all... This way our cruise was more intimate. On our last day, we've handed them thank you cards and the tips they well deserved. We've also gave them our email address just in case they're trying to contact us. We never know...

The only regret is to leave them after spending 12 beautiful days together. I guess we should all cherish those many good moments.

Anyone got for a picture of Jose or Lisa?

We also sailed on March 17th and the service was outstanding, no complaints here. The staff was great from the lowest to the highest. This has been our overall impression of Celebrity but a bit higher on the Silhoutte.

Ditto for us...but our favorite was karen at cafe al bacio...i cannot tell you how many times we visited there and how sweet she was....morning ...noon....night.....

I miss her and my skinny latte

Eileen

Im not sure if Donette has ever been on the Eclipse. (stand corrected if she has)

Dont get confused with "Jonette" who is the CC host on the EC, and she was definitely on last April when we were on.

Donette is from Canada and Jonette from Asia.

We thought exactly the same when we got on the SI in February this year, expecting to see Jonette and then meeting Donette. :eek:

Anyway - both excellent CC hosts

Had Jonette on the Equinox and then on the Eclipse. hopefully by the time we get on the Silhouette in December, she'll be moved there.

Hi Staffy

I see we both come from Leicestershire in the UK - and you adore Celebrity just like us - small world!! We met Damien on the Eclipse, he was great, he and Marina were due a new baby in November/December, do you know what they had?

Hope we get to meet up on one of the X ships someday. Our next is the Eclipse (4th time) in August. Just heard that Rosa (Martini Bar) will be going to Silhouette soon to join Peter and Putu once again so will not get to see him . Running out of new ports though now from the UK and next year it may be that we have to start flying to get to new horizons. Reflections here we come!!!!!!

Have a great time on your next Silhouette crusie.

Lyn

Master was Dimitrios Kafetzis

Who is absolutely hysterical. "It will be the cruise of your lifetime." "One way or another." "You wont' be laughing 2 days from now."

Maybe it doesn't translate in writing on a message board but his welcome aboard toast is just a riot.

Who is absolutely hysterical. "It will be the cruise of your lifetime." "One way or another." "You wont' be laughing 2 days from now."

We didn't understood what the Master meant by this, but now that we put everything in perspective, I do recall that we had some agitated sea on the night of the 2nd day at sea :D.

Archived