Books and Movies about Alaska...let's list them??

sharecruises

• 2 weeks later...

Working on the Edge

Coming Back Alive

Nights of Ice

Alaska

On the Edge of Survival all by Spike Walker.... All intense Non Fiction about the Alaska fishing industry....Coming Back Alive is written about friends of mine....

Dana Stabenow actually has 3 Alaska series, Kate Shugak, Liam Campbell and Star Svensdotter.... all a great books

Check PBS website for OVER ALASKA DVD's beautiful!!!

• 2 weeks later...
This was actually 100% filmed in and around Roslyn Washington......
Actually the bulk of the indoor filming was done in a soundstage in Redmond. Some of the exteriors were also shot in the Snoqualmie Valley, around Carnation.

Those of us who had lived in Alaska always thought it was pretty funny. A town of Cicely's size would have scheduled air service and a small hospital, rather than being reliant on a hot bush pilot and some doctor drafted to work off his education expense.

But that's Hollywood for you.

LOL>> I just remembered a crazy TV show, back in the days when Bachelor was new and people really thought they would find love on tv

this one set a bunch of women up to Alaska to meet all the lumberjack/fisherman/adventure type guys

I recall they all dressed in white bridal gowns in the end, set against snow and ice...what a farce LOL

Looking for Love: Bachelorettes in Alaska (2002)

How 'bout more recently - Big Miracle - This is a Drew Barrymore movie about true events that happened in Barrow in the 1980s. My dear friend, Kathryn Harris, is even in a scene... She plays the teacher in the classroom scene. They hired many local Alaskans for parts in the movie. We saw it here in Fairbanks on opening day, Feb. 3rd, 2012. The DVD release date for Big Miracle is June 19th, 2012. It's a lot of fun!

Cheers!

Taters

First thing that came to my mind: White Fang by Jack London, book and film based on this book.
Jack London also wrote 'The Call of the Wild'. It was one of my favorite books as a child, and has been made into a movie many times over the years.

I'll play...

OP - you're obsessed! Welcome to my world;)!

My husband says I'm obsessed too, so count me in!! Can't believe he has to listen to me talk about Alaska for the next 114 days!!!!! :)

Oh, I LOVED Men in Trees, and was SO disappointed when it went off the air - thanks for reminding me!

Hey blonde, you think you've got it bad at 114 days??? I've got 365 plus change til our trip in 2013!:eek: Never mind that it will be my fifth trip back, I've been spoiled because we went the last two years - on HAL'S 14 day itinerary no less, so I'm REALLY Jonesing for Alaska!:o

Oh, I LOVED Men in Trees, and was SO disappointed when it went off the air - thanks for reminding me!

Hey blonde, you think you've got it bad at 114 days??? I've got 365 plus change til our trip in 2013!:eek: Never mind that it will be my fifth trip back, I've been spoiled because we went the last two years - on HAL'S 14 day itinerary no less, so I'm REALLY Jonesing for Alaska!:o

374 days until my Alaska :eek:

Archived