Just booked!!!!!

katcas

I am soooo excited! Just booked our first NCL cruise from Boston to Bermuda on the Dawn. Unfortuanately it is so far away, June 2013. I have lots of research to do and I know you will all be so helpful.

Whoo hoo - Congrats

Now the fun begins. All the research you do will just get you more excited and help you pass the time.

Don't forget to go join the roll call for that sailing. Great way to meet others that will be sailing with you

I agree. You will definitely want to join the roll call. Oftentimes, there are cruisers on your roll call who have taken that cruise before and are a wealth of information about the destination, the ship, excursions, how and what to pack, etc. You might even have someone who will be happy to post pictures from their previous cruise for you!

Don't forget to read the reviews, the good, the bad and the indifferent. They are all worth reading, just be sure to keep an open mind.

Congratulations on booking your cruise. Have a great time planning!

drumexpert510

I don't even know where to begin. I guess I know nothing about Bermuda and want to know the things to do, what to see, who are the best companies to book excursions with. There will be 4 adults and 5 teenage boys with us.

Also, are there chair hogs on NCL? There were on Carnival but Carnival never did anything about it. We saw one huge argument between two people, not pretty.

We are staying on floor 10, midship, balcony for us and inside for the kids. What shouldn't we miss on the ship?

I know there will be good and bad when I am reading things. I am on vaction and I will take it all in stride, I am not a big complainer so as long as there is sun, warmth, and someone else is cooking and cleaning for me, I am a happy camper!

Welcome to the world of Freestyle Cruising! Sailing aboard the Dawn, with Bermuda as the destination is a winning combination. The Dawn is my favorite ship in the NCL fleet. Bermuda is the most beautiful place on earth, IMO. Going for the 4th time in Sept on the Star. You booked early, that is good as you took advantage of the "EBR" Early Booking Rate. However, keep an eye on the NCL website for any promos offering "OBCs" on-board credits or upgrades. You can take advantage of these benefits up until final payment. Enjoy the process, planning the trip is much of the excitement. It will be here before you know it. :)

drumexpert510

I don't even know where to begin. I guess I know nothing about Bermuda and want to know the things to do, what to see, who are the best companies to book excursions with. There will be 4 adults and 5 teenage boys with us.

Also, are there chair hogs on NCL? There were on Carnival but Carnival never did anything about it. We saw one huge argument between two people, not pretty.

We are staying on floor 10, midship, balcony for us and inside for the kids. What shouldn't we miss on the ship?

I know there will be good and bad when I am reading things. I am on vaction and I will take it all in stride, I am not a big complainer so as long as there is sun, warmth, and someone else is cooking and cleaning for me, I am a happy camper!

Don't miss the chocoholic buffet!!! They do a great job at putting together anything choc you can imagine. When we were on the Dawn they did it at 2pm in the MDR and blacked out the windows and had beautiful ice sculptures with different colored lighting. A lot of people taking pics.

Archived