Another NativeWay thread...please help me out!

agor75

Great review, great pics :)

I was one of the people who posted a not-so-great review but we still enjoyed ourselves in spite of the hiccups.

I wanted to comment on your hamburger choice at Rum Point. Of all the things that were coming out of the kitchen there, the hamburgers looked awesome!! So for future cruisers, if you like hamburgers you might want to try that.

~Denise

The hamburger was fantastic!!

What cruise line are you sailing? I have been to grand cayman on carnival twice and never heard of a number system. Its first come first serve :) plan ahead and make sure you're ready before the cruise director makes the announcement that the tendering process is set to go!

We've had to do the tender number thing a few times. It was surprising they did it in the Caymans, because the tender boats are so large and it goes pretty quick. But sometimes that is not the case and it would be the shoving-and-pushing chaos without that extra organization.

I have excursion with nativeways booked which finishes at 4:30. Our ship leaves at 6. Is that sufficient time? Would the last tender be around 5pm in this case?

Also what happens if i show up for last tender and the is a line? Would they take me even later as far as there is a line? And is the line same for all ships in port or they are separated?

I have excursion with nativeways booked which finishes at 4:30. Our ship leaves at 6. Is that sufficient time? Would the last tender be around 5pm in this case?

Also what happens if i show up for last tender and the is a line? Would they take me even later as far as there is a line? And is the line same for all ships in port or they are separated?

They wfill probably say that 5pm is the last tender. There shouldn't be an issue with returning at 4:30, sharon and edmond do a very good job making sure you have enough time. Often times there is a line waiting for the tenders and they will wait until everyone in the line has been tendered back to the ship. If you are concerned contact sharon and let her know, sometimes they can bump the times. Hope this helps!

Im going in this tour in 2weeks.

Also having time concerns, my ship is in port 10am-6pm, tour is supposed to be 11- 4:30pm.

Does anybody know what type of lunch is included? I read people had burgers and fries, definitelly dont want that. Are there any local, more carribean food choices?

Hi,

My husband ordered the catch of the day at Rum Point (mahi mahi) and he said it was fantastic.

Enjoy!

OP, glad you had a good experience. I was one of them that did not a few weeks ago. :( Your experience was exactly the reason why I booked with them.

We are booked on this excursion next week 4/11 and based on some of the comments here I became concerned about ship time vs Cayman time. I emailed Sharon and here is her response.

"The meeting time is 9:15 AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time (the same as ship time).

No worries about any confusion. We have been closely monitoring ship time verses island time over the last few weeks (after Daylight Saving Time went into effect). We are totally clear about where each ship stands on this matter."

I'm going to try to put the worry out of my mind and look forward to a great experience. Of course, I'm going to get there early just in case.

Anyone else going with us on April 11th?

Just so you know, I was given the same response SHIPS TIME...only to get there at 9:15 as instructed and to be told that I was "late" and missed the Rum Point Excursion. Still scratching my head on this one. :confused:

Im going in this tour in 2weeks.

Also having time concerns, my ship is in port 10am-6pm, tour is supposed to be 11- 4:30pm.

Does anybody know what type of lunch is included? I read people had burgers and fries, definitelly dont want that. Are there any local, more carribean food choices?

Look here for a complete menu: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32794184&postcount=12

Mitsugirly: once again, I'm sorry that your Grand Cayman excursion didn't turn out as you'd planned.

What kind of camera did you use to take those wonderful pictures if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,

Biris

Mitsugirly: once again, I'm sorry that your Grand Cayman excursion didn't turn out as you'd planned.

What kind of camera did you use to take those wonderful pictures if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,

Biris

No problem. We still got some good pictures and can still talk with the little one about the sting rays. It just gives me another excuse to go back to Grand Cayman. :D It was the one place that my husband said "we have definitely got to come back here and explore more. It's such a beautiful place."

I use a Canon D10 camera. We actually have two of them now so that me and my husband don't fight over who gets to use it when snorkeling. LOL It takes amazing pictures both on land, in water and even night shots (I have some fireworks pictures I took posted here on cc in the camera section that turned out pretty nice). They do have a newer style out now (the D20), but I figured since the price of the D10 has dropped drastically, I would just get another one. :p

Native Way is fantastic. We've used Sharon 4 times and have never been disappointed. On our last trip, we arrived an hour early for our tour (I made a mistake on the time we were to meet) and Sharon's driver was already there. He brought us to an amazing beach to spend the hour instead of us waiting at terminal. Once he had the other tour people, he picked us up at the beach on the way. That was so generous of them and made our day even more special.

I have never worried that they wouldn't get us back to the ship on time. I highly recommend Native Way.

Thanks everyone, Sharon seems really great..our ship will be the only one in port that day and I just saw that we are now scheduled to arrive an hour later. I emailed her and she had no problem adjusting our meeting time. Now I only hope the weather and everything cooperates so we actually make it to the port : )

Just used them last week and it was awesome! We did not do the Rum Point, we did the Stingrays and Starfish and Coral Gardens and it was great! There was my family of 4 and one other family of 4 and it was like we had a private charter! We had Andrew and Andrew and they made sure we were taken care of. They dove down and got conchs for us, and multiple things for the children to see. They got starfish for everyone to look at, as well as took as much time as we wanted at each spot. Would highly recommend them!!!

Just used them last week and it was awesome! We did not do the Rum Point, we did the Stingrays and Starfish and Coral Gardens and it was great! There was my family of 4 and one other family of 4 and it was like we had a private charter! We had Andrew and Andrew and they made sure we were taken care of. They dove down and got conchs for us, and multiple things for the children to see. They got starfish for everyone to look at, as well as took as much time as we wanted at each spot. Would highly recommend them!!!

We are doing this tour in late May. It sound like a great one. Did you get dropped off at 7-mile beach or did you back to the pier? If you got dropped off at the beach, what was time was that? I am just trying to see how much beach time we will have.

We are doing this tour in late May. It sound like a great one. Did you get dropped off at 7-mile beach or did you back to the pier? If you got dropped off at the beach, what was time was that? I am just trying to see how much beach time we will have.

He was going to take us back to the pier, but we asked him to drop us somewhere else. We were sunburned from the day before, so we wanted to go and do the turtle farm on our own. He dropped us at a bus stop closest to the turtle farm (which was near the beach). We probably got to the turtle farm at 2:30. Our reservation was for 11:00 A.M. We had plenty of time to do turtle farm and then shop. Elden (the driver) even got us a discount to the turtle farm!

• 2 weeks later...

I have booked a tour with Nativeway . I am very concerned about reading some of these responses. It seems more negative then positive. Would you book with them again? We are not doing the long tour( do not have time) only stingray and island tour.

I have booked a tour with Nativeway . I am very concerned about reading some of these responses. It seems more negative then positive. Would you book with them again? We are not doing the long tour( do not have time) only stingray and island tour.

I would book with them again with no worries at all, that is why I wrote this review. There are far more positive reviews than negative ones if you look through the threads!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very saddened by reading the negative comments about Nativeway! We used them in 2011 and gave them rave reviews! Sharon was very accommodating in working with our time schedule, since we were first time cruisers! She put my mind at ease and I never had anything to worry about. She was there promptly at the time we had agreed on and we had an absolutely fabulous day! We went to the Rum factory, Hell, the Turtle Farm, the Governor's House, and to swim with the Stingrays! I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking to book a private tour in GC! If we choose to go back to GC in the future I would absolutely, without a doubt, book with Nativeway!!

Tiffany

I'm also very saddened to hear the negative comments about Native way. We just went on a tour with them on Wed and it was an amazing trip!! Andrew and Andrew were AWESOME!! My family and I all said we'd go back to them tomorrow if we could. If we ever get back to GC, we'll definitely use them again, without question!

Archived