For those who have Cruise out of Long Beach

Did you use the Carnival Transport to the port?

( I know there is a transportation thread but I am looking for specific info )

We fly into LAX.. with PLENTY of time..

I scheduled the Carnival transport but now it seems maybe that was a mistake.

How far is the ship from LAX...?

If I paid a taxi would it cost me an arm and a leg ?

( I have never been to California so I am clueless about the area )

Thanks !!!! :confused:

Did you use the Carnival Transport to the port?

( I know there is a transportation thread but I am looking for specific info )

We fly into LAX.. with PLENTY of time..

I scheduled the Carnival transport but now it seems maybe that was a mistake.

How far is the ship from LAX...?

If I paid a taxi would it cost me an arm and a leg ?

( I have never been to California so I am clueless about the area )

Thanks !!!! :confused:

The airport is about a 30 minute cab ride without traffic. Not sure how much Carnival charges or how much a cab is. Super Shuttle is dependable and very reasonable.

you could be sitting on the bus for along time waiting for it fill up.. :eek: I always just take a cab.
Be careful with the shuttles that charge Per person. Depending on how many in your party, you can easily end up paying double what a cab would cost.. I learned that the hard way.. woops, meant to edit my last post..not repost..

The airport is about a 30 minute cab ride without traffic. Not sure how much Carnival charges or how much a cab is. Super Shuttle is dependable and very reasonable.

Carnival charges $52 ( $26 for each of us )

I could probably get a cab for that?

Be careful with the shuttles that charge Per person. Depending on how many in your party, you can easily end up paying double what a cab would cost.. I learned that the hard way..

If I decided to cancel transport, and have paid in full...

Would I get OBC?

Be careful with the shuttles that charge Per person. Depending on how many in your party, you can easily end up paying double what a cab would cost.. I learned that the hard way.. woops, meant to edit my last post..not repost..

On the other hand, all the stories you hear about CA traffic are true (I've lived in CA all my life) and while you wouldn't likely have any problems with traffic on a weekend, there's no telling when there could be an accident and the freeways surrounding LAX are usually pretty congested 7 days a week. Just something to consider when deciding whether or not you want to pay for a taxi which charges based on time, vs. a shuttle which charges per-person. Personally, I would take the shuttle over a taxi.

On the other hand, all the stories you hear about CA traffic are true (I've lived in CA all my life) and while you wouldn't likely have any problems with traffic on a weekend, there's no telling when there could be an accident and the freeways surrounding LAX are usually pretty congested 7 days a week. Just something to consider when deciding whether or not you want to pay for a taxi which charges based on time, vs. a shuttle which charges per-person. Personally, I would take the shuttle over a taxi.

Although I live close by and don't have to do this in LA, I have to completely agree. I think the Super Shuttle has a terrific reputation (it seems everybody uses them). You will pay for the trip doesn't matter the time. The dreaded 405 can be vicious sometimes. Hour long delays with the "big ones", so I'd go Super Shuttle.:)They also know all the ways to get around a "big one".:rolleyes:

There are several shuttle bus services from LAX to Long Beach (including Super Shuttle, PrimeTime, and 24-7 http://www.247ride.com/shuttles.php?gclid=CPHTo5-_nq8CFQ1jhwod119Gbw ) check their websites for rates & compare.

Excellent answer. All these services are good for a large party of say 2 or more. Check on pricing, however.

Carnival charges $52 ( $26 for each of us )

I could probably get a cab for that?

It would be close . . . if traffic's all screwed up (and it shouldn't be on a Sunday morning) it could cost you a bundle in "wait" time.

Archived